This is my First Post and I do Hope this gets to Canon or someone in the Know.. and I dont mean any offence to anyone..
BUT... most of you are extolling the OHHH got to have it and these features are worth it.. THERE IS A FULL ON RECESSION On out there..
I am looking for my first and probably last DSLR.. and Ive chosen Canon..CORRECTION I did choose Canon..
My decision was based on I work In Media live Broadcasting and have gone from vision engineer to trainee Video cameraman in 2 Years.. and Ive decided to learn the job properly and to do that I feel I need to start with STILLS and perfect that alongside Video work..Sorry if am boring you all but am old fashioned and if I do something I do it right..
Therefore I was looking at the 7D and at a stretch a 5D mk II.. reasons were get something good and develop with it..not swap and change.. then the 5D Mk III has appeared on the horizon..
The high price thats been banded is Not justifyable.. take a step back and look.. Canon release a slightly improved camera at greatly inflated prices, sell a shed load to the must have new brigade or the canon pros get em at greatly discounted prices for the product to be seen out on the street then when its sales figures start to drop the price falls..ready for the next model.. and to be honest most on here are actually helping Canon Improve there sales by justifying the price.. Listen to YOURSELVES !!
START realising and take a stance.. SAY NO (IEI) TO Canon s Pricing structure and Demand a reasonable price to new product Pricing for Loyalty..to the Canon brand.. its you who can do this..
I have managed to get £1500-£2000 together towards a decent Camera BUT I WILL NOT give that money away ..SO am now going to Look at some NIKON (spit) hardware as well
SO CANON THIS MIGHT BE ONE SALE YOU HAVE LOST..
Well £1500 buys a 5D2. 5D3 doesn't have a price yet - nor do we have any specs - so which Nikon will you compare it with??
It is no good comparing msrp to the street price unless you want to be an early buyer. Used 7Ds are now at less than £900 - why not buy one of those in the interim until street prices and specifications/performance is known?