Rumors > Speedlites, Printers, Accessories

New speedlites - Am I the only one...

(1/12) > >>

Z:
With the upcoming [CR3] announcements... am I the only one who's equally excited by the idea of a new speedlite with radio signalling built in?? The creative possibilities without spending literally thousands of dollars on expensive ETTL third party triggers - I'm nearly salivating.

Perhaps I'm getting a bit ahead of myself... it is still a rumour!

The only problem I face now is I currently have 3 580 EX IIs - Canon releasing a radio add-on for legacy speedlites really would be wishful thinking, wouldn't it?

Viggo:
Save money with built in radio? The new flashes will be more expensive, and what are you going to trigger them with?

Z:

--- Quote from: Viggo on February 22, 2012, 04:52:52 PM ---Save money with built in radio? The new flashes will be more expensive, and what are you going to trigger them with?

--- End quote ---

Time will tell I suppose.  Unless they're $250 (plus 20% VAT and import duties, for me) more expensive - which would be the cost of an ETTL radiopopper, for example - I won't be complaining. Not to mention the presumed added reliability of having everything manufactured by Canon.

Chuck Alaimo:
ok, been waiting for a topic about this to sprout up (was about to start one)...

I currently have 2 580exII's and have been wondering what the next move is.  I was seriously considering the phottix odin trigger system, then adding either a 3rd 580, or a 430 (to save some $$$ for the mkiii fund!)....

Now there is this 590 ex and its got me wondering if i should drop that plan?  Or what?...LOL...confused....

Z:

--- Quote from: Chuck Alaimo on February 22, 2012, 05:10:56 PM ---ok, been waiting for a topic about this to sprout up (was about to start one)...

I currently have 2 580exII's and have been wondering what the next move is.  I was seriously considering the phottix odin trigger system, then adding either a 3rd 580, or a 430 (to save some $$$ for the mkiii fund!)....

Now there is this 590 ex and its got me wondering if i should drop that plan?  Or what?...LOL...confused....

--- End quote ---

I would say... wait it out and see if the 590EX suits you. Sit tight for now.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version