December 21, 2014, 05:58:20 AM

Author Topic: CanonRumors Accuracy  (Read 1531 times)

AnthonyWithNoH

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
CanonRumors Accuracy
« on: February 22, 2012, 06:48:58 PM »
Seems to me a large percent of the rumors (even the official ones) are often off. These new 5D ones that are arising seem very plausible though... thoughts? Have you all been disappointed often with rumors here?

canon rumors FORUM

CanonRumors Accuracy
« on: February 22, 2012, 06:48:58 PM »

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: CanonRumors Accuracy
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 06:50:36 PM »
the 1dx one was pretty much spot on accuracy of the CR3 rumours seems very high
APS-H Fanboy

kapanak

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 07:02:58 PM »
When CR puts the rating at CR3, it is almost always spot on ... very few hiccups in the past.

Don't put too much weight on CR2 rumours though.

pj1974

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
    • A selection of my photos (copyright)
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 07:25:12 PM »
I do get very excited when I see a CR3.....   :P

Often the CR3s are not only 'spot on' (or very very close) - but they nearly always also herald that the date of announcement is actually accurate.

So, next week it is then!   8)

Thanks, CR guy!  Catch you all then with the (hopefully exciting) official releases / news / outcomes.  In the meantime - happy photographing my friends.

Paul
I'm not a brand-fanatic. What I do appreciate is using my 7D and 350D cameras along with a host of lenses & many accessories to capture quality photos, and share with friends.

Axilrod

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 07:27:20 PM »
Seems to me a large percent of the rumors (even the official ones) are often off. These new 5D ones that are arising seem very plausible though... thoughts? Have you all been disappointed often with rumors here?

Sometimes the info comes in comes in early and may take a while before it actually comes to fruition, but generally they have been right about a lot of stuff.
5DIII/5DII/Bunch of L's and ZE's, currently rearranging.

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 07:36:17 PM »
When you see a CR1 rumor, its just there as a discussion item, and very unlikely to actually happen.  Just think of it that way.  CR2 might have a 30-50% chance.  CR3 is 95%.

Of course, buried in those hundreds of CR1 items there are bound to be some that are correct.  however, no one knows which.

There are lots of topics about photography in general, and opportunities to learn and to teach.  Take advantage of those.

psolberg

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 08:03:14 PM »

I think the owner right most of the time but often gets everybody excited by wishlists of fans. To his credit, too many people belive rumors as gospel. Yet I can't recall how many times he's said that given year would see a surge on lenses only to be an average year. This year he said the same and I'm hoping he is right :)

still, the site is helpful and a really tough job I couldn't do better.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 08:03:14 PM »