So i've just had one of my best mates ring me, he was talking to a Wedding Photog who dropped her 5d2 the other day, she went to replace it and was apprently told by the Canon Australia rep "don't replace your 5D2 now, wait a week for the 5D3". (Apparently this rep was also right about the 24-70II a few weeks ago).
Anyway, long story short, is that I've been offered my mate's used 5D2, he wants to ditch it within a week to beat the price-drop (and doesn't need a replacement until June, so doesn't mind being camera-less until then). I've been watching them go for $1600-2000 used on ebay, he's been offerend $1800 or so by a shop, and he's offered it to me for the same price. It's a few years old, but barely used, 7500 shots and absolutely mint condition.
Question is, do I want it? I do want an FF eventually, not sure how much use i'd get out of it (although about 5 of my mates are getting married this year, a wedding body with my 7D as backup would be nice). Or should I join the queue and stick in an extra grand for the 5D3 as well?