Gear Talk > EOS Bodies - For Video

Why I am happy that the 5D3 shows almost no new video impovements

(1/6) > >>

kkoster:
From the suggested specs, it would seem that there has been almost no improvements/benefits to the video element of the new 5D3/X about to be announced shortly.

There seems to have been no improvement with regards to: Moire, aliasing, rolling shutter, higher frame rates - In fact it would seem pretty much the same standard as the trusty 5D2.

Videographers who purchased the 5D2 for its video capabilities and not to use it for stills will probably be content to leave the 5D3/x completely alone and save a fortune by sticking with the 5D2. I know I will.

An extra CF card slot won't tempt me, that's for sure. I just hope for Canon's sake that there's a lot of photographers out there wanting to buy it!

Lyra Video Productions:
Where have you seen that Canon hasn't improved all these things?  Are there other rumors out there I haven't seen?  Please post link if there are.  Thanks.

daveswan:
We don't really *know* anything beyond rumors.

I've heard "Best video of any DSLR", well I hope so, perhaps even better than the 1Dx, no moire, aliasing or other nasties and a nice robust gradeable codec, 100+ mbps I-Frame 10 bit 4:2:2 or better.

kkoster:
I've had a guy at Canon privately tell me that their DSLRs will always be photo-first and video-second and not to expect anything even close to C-300 quality with the new 5DX coming out. Sure, that may sound obvious enough and you may answer, 'Of course,' but I suppose I'd raised my hopes too high for Canon continuing to champion at least one of their DSLR range toward a video-premiere league in answer the rallying cry of videographers and filmmakers the world over.

Is this Canon saying, if you want serious filmic-quality video, go with the C-300, or shutup?!

LetTheRightLensIn:

--- Quote from: kkoster on February 23, 2012, 01:56:47 PM ---From the suggested specs, it would seem that there has been almost no improvements/benefits to the video element of the new 5D3/X about to be announced shortly.

There seems to have been no improvement with regards to: Moire, aliasing, rolling shutter, higher frame rates - In fact it would seem pretty much the same standard as the trusty 5D2.

Videographers who purchased the 5D2 for its video capabilities and not to use it for stills will probably be content to leave the 5D3/x completely alone and save a fortune by sticking with the 5D2. I know I will.

An extra CF card slot won't tempt me, that's for sure. I just hope for Canon's sake that there's a lot of photographers out there wanting to buy it!

--- End quote ---

What??

The mere fact it has only 22MP might well mean it has tons of video improvements.
And what do you think Digic 5+ is all about?

Of course it will fix the moire/aliasing/low resolution issues.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version