Gear Talk > Lenses

600mm f4.5 FD

(1/3) > >>

wickidwombat:
I went out last weekend and did some shooting with this and I have to say for a lens of it's age it is amazing
I would be posting pics with this thread but during the week my hard drive in my laptop seems to have taken a dump and killed lightroom I hope to get it fixed tonight or over the weekend then i can post up some pics.

but onto my question, wide open with bright background there is very heavy CA and obviously LR doesnt have a preset for this lens. so my question is how do you make you own lens profile to fix this stuff in LR (I'm quite new to LR so be gentle)

The other scary thing that happened was i nearly dropped my 1D when it detatched itself from the edmika adaptor, not quite sure how it happened as the camera seems to lock on fine and not come loose when i checked it out afterwards so I dont think its a fault of the adaptor. maybe it was the way i was carrying it with the lens strap over my shoulder and camera still attached i felt it come loose and caught it between my arm and body which was very lucky!
Anyone else had a lens and body detatch unexpectedly? its damn scary  :o

ontarian:

--- Quote from: wickidwombat on February 24, 2012, 12:33:38 AM ---I went out last weekend and did some shooting with this and I have to say for a lens of it's age it is amazing
I would be posting pics with this thread but during the week my hard drive in my laptop seems to have taken a dump and killed lightroom I hope to get it fixed tonight or over the weekend then i can post up some pics.

but onto my question, wide open with bright background there is very heavy CA and obviously LR doesnt have a preset for this lens. so my question is how do you make you own lens profile to fix this stuff in LR (I'm quite new to LR so be gentle)

The other scary thing that happened was i nearly dropped my 1D when it detatched itself from the edmika adaptor, not quite sure how it happened as the camera seems to lock on fine and not come loose when i checked it out afterwards so I dont think its a fault of the adaptor. maybe it was the way i was carrying it with the lens strap over my shoulder and camera still attached i felt it come loose and caught it between my arm and body which was very lucky!
Anyone else had a lens and body detatch unexpectedly? its damn scary  :o

--- End quote ---

So glad your camera is safe. Carrying around bigger lenses attached to big bodies is a lot of work for the little body pin. My 1D4 came off my EF 400mm 2.8 L IS two weeks ago when I was walking with the pair slung over my shoulder. I figure the release button was hit by the side of my belt and there was enough torque from the movement going on that the lens popped off. If I didn't make it a point of always having both the lens strap and body strap secured it would have turned out much worse than just having the separated pair dangling for a second. My ultra low profile 0.5mm FD-EOS adapter design has even less material to work with in holding that little pin so this safety strap practice would even more advisable.

Mt Spokane Photography:
LR4 will have a on the fly CA removal, rather than a fixed preset.  With LR3, do it manually.  Its actually more accurate that way, due to lens to lens differences.

I had the original EF 600mm f/4 (non IS), it was a nice lens, but the subsequent versions each get better.  However, It was a very good lens at a reasonable price.  I have no idea as to how the FD and the EOS f/4 compare, but I'd expect that they are both excellent.

wickidwombat:
here is a kookaburra shot with the 600

wickidwombat:
another one

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version