Firmware for EOS 5D Mark II
- Optimizes the camera's performance when using certain UDMA 7-compatible CF cards released in February 2012 or later.
- Enhances the AF system performance with the addition of 46 additional AF points for a total of 61
- Increases viewfinder coverage to 100%
- Expands the size and increases the resolution the rear LCD
- Delivers an additional 1 MP of sensor resolution for a total of 22 MP
The new EOS 5D Mark II Firmware Version 2.1.2 can be downloaded by clicking here
....and who says Canon doesn't add features with firmware updates?!?
On a serious note, there's also a firmware update for the 50D, which includes the above-mentioned change (#1 only
) and corrects typos in the Dutch menus.