November 23, 2014, 08:47:58 PM

Author Topic: The new 5D Mark III ?!?! PICS!  (Read 140854 times)

Ricku

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
Re: The new 5D Mark III ?!?! PICS!
« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2012, 10:16:41 AM »
@MichaelCruz  I lived in the Middle East for years. Call me crazy, but I think I'd recognize that rubble and sky anywhere. Do you know if these pics were taken in the Persian Gulf region?  Funny, everybody focused on the camera, but my mind kept saying "that looks like Bahrain or Qatar or UAE (Couch pattern is also very ME). I hope that doesn't give someone away, but it is interesting if they are testing there. Or maybe a rich Sheik already has one and that's where the pics came from?!

Wow, you have very keen eye!  The cam is here in Dubai :)
I applaud you sir, for bringing us these pics!

Have you personally tested the 5D3? If so, then what do you think of the ISO-noise and dynamic range? :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2012, 10:16:41 AM »

jalbfb

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2012, 10:17:17 AM »
@MichaelCruz  I lived in the Middle East for years. Call me crazy, but I think I'd recognize that rubble and sky anywhere. Do you know if these pics were taken in the Persian Gulf region?  Funny, everybody focused on the camera, but my mind kept saying "that looks like Bahrain or Qatar or UAE (Couch pattern is also very ME). I hope that doesn't give someone away, but it is interesting if they are testing there. Or maybe a rich Sheik already has one and that's where the pics came from?!

and you've got some neat photos of Dubai on your website..

+1
Happy owner of the 5D Mark III, 24-105 f/4L and other L lenses

well_dunno

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2012, 10:24:52 AM »
michaelrcruz, thank you for sharing the images! Much appreciated! +1 to you... :)

Would you be able to confirm whether the rumored specs are correct?

jchl97

« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2012, 10:32:13 AM »
Michael, your Dubai pics are simply astonishing...
u actually use the same gear as mine for shooting in Scandinavia!
7D+Sigma 8-16

DJL329

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2012, 10:34:58 AM »
In the 3rd photo, is that a scratch on the viewfinder bulge next to the mode dial, or evidence of image manipulation?

It's just a reflection from the metal rim of the mode dial.  I've noticed the same effect on the 5D Mark II.
Canon EOS 5D Mark III | EF 14mm f/2.8L | EF 28mm f/1.8 | EF 50mm f/1.4 | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro | EF 300mm f/4L IS

tooslick2k

« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2012, 11:31:51 AM »
This images looks like the real deal guys! :D

Have a look at the second pic michaelrcruz has shown us, there are apparently 6 labels for the ports. The upper right port seems like a headphone jack to me.  What do you guys think?
Upper left seems to say MIC, but if anything top right would be a USB port... although it doesnt look like one at all.... come to that... where IS the USB port?

Here's the side port labels :D :

Ok, I haven't read past page 4 yet. I got to this picture and thought a few things.
1. no USB as previously stated, which was fine I expected Ethernet.
      Q. So does this mean it has radio and bluetooth to connect to pc's?
2. No adapter spot for the new gps like on the 1Dx. Or did i miss it?
      Q. If i didnt miss it, does this mean those devices are only for the 1dx now?

Just some thoughts. So excited ether way

DJL329

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2012, 11:49:48 AM »
This images looks like the real deal guys! :D

Have a look at the second pic michaelrcruz has shown us, there are apparently 6 labels for the ports. The upper right port seems like a headphone jack to me.  What do you guys think?
Upper left seems to say MIC, but if anything top right would be a USB port... although it doesnt look like one at all.... come to that... where IS the USB port?

Here's the side port labels :D :

Ok, I haven't read past page 4 yet. I got to this picture and thought a few things.
1. no USB as previously stated, which was fine I expected Ethernet.
      Q. So does this mean it has radio and bluetooth to connect to pc's?
2. No adapter spot for the new gps like on the 1Dx. Or did i miss it?
      Q. If i didnt miss it, does this mean those devices are only for the 1dx now?

Just some thoughts. So excited ether way

1.  Others have mentioned that some bodies don't have the USB port labeled, even though it is there.
2.  The GPS device is most likely for the 1D X only.  It wouldn't be the first attachment that works only on the 1D series, such as the Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E2 II A.
Canon EOS 5D Mark III | EF 14mm f/2.8L | EF 28mm f/1.8 | EF 50mm f/1.4 | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro | EF 300mm f/4L IS

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2012, 11:49:48 AM »

Rexepic

« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2012, 12:02:21 PM »

and you've got some neat photos of Dubai on your website..

+1

Nice! I guess I should have just looked there first. That's what a forum is for. So you can say something and then realize it was obvious to everyone else already!  :o Anyway, Michael, thanks for the pics. I think you've crashed the server a couple times. It took 5minutes for the forum to load!

Blaze

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2012, 12:28:06 PM »
Just a couple of comments.

First, the lens on the 1DX looks exactly like my 85mm f/1.2 L II from that angle. I think we can be sure it's not a Sigma.

Second, here's what the side of a 7D looks like:

http://a.img-dpreview.com/news/0909/Canon7d/side1.jpg

http://a.img-dpreview.com/news/0909/Canon7d/52_eur_001.jpg

The "A/V OUT DIGITAL" is a USB port. I would assume it's the same on the 5DIII.

Studio B

« Reply #114 on: February 27, 2012, 01:22:46 PM »

The "A/V OUT DIGITAL" is a USB port. I would assume it's the same on the 5DIII.

Yup, Exactly!

Waterdonkey

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 27, 2012, 02:00:55 PM »
With respect to the photo purists out there... and with humility I ask Mr. Cruze -  What kind of video does it do? 4:2:2, H.264?
The headphone port has me very excited. 
Please understand video is my job and stills are my hobby/passion. 
I'm hoping this 5D III does both well.  And canon needed to make things easier on us video guys, for example the headphone jack and maybe an on/off for the AGC? 

I'll start wincing and you all start the Smiting ;)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 02:05:36 PM by Waterdonkey »

awinphoto

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • AW Photography
« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2012, 03:24:17 PM »
I have to say I'm a little disappointed. Canon still don't have a built-in eyepiece cover for the 5D line like the Nikon D700 - making you use that S___ty little rubber eyepiece cover that might be attached to your neck strap, if you use a neck strap.

First chink the armor.

GRRRRRRR!!!!!

ummm... are you serious?  As a professional, I cant say i've ever in the last decade thought in the back of my mind... I wish my camera had an eyepiece cover... Never... Not once...  I think it could be a nuisance more than anything else... when I want my camera ready to shoot, it better be ready to shoot... If any dust gets in the peice, I'll take a qtip and clean it... done. 
Canon 5d III, Canon 24-105L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-200 F4L, Canon 100L 2.8, Canon 85 1.8, 430EX 2's and a lot of bumps along the road to get to where I am.

Ricku

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 27, 2012, 03:31:21 PM »
I have to say I'm a little disappointed. Canon still don't have a built-in eyepiece cover for the 5D line like the Nikon D700 - making you use that S___ty little rubber eyepiece cover that might be attached to your neck strap, if you use a neck strap.

First chink the armor.

GRRRRRRR!!!!!

ummm... are you serious?  As a professional, I cant say i've ever in the last decade thought in the back of my mind... I wish my camera had an eyepiece cover... Never... Not once...  I think it could be a nuisance more than anything else... when I want my camera ready to shoot, it better be ready to shoot... If any dust gets in the peice, I'll take a qtip and clean it... done.
The eyepiece cover is to be used shooting on a tripod. It prevents light leakage through the viewfinder.

This is a huge issue for landscapers when shooting panoramas or long exposures.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 04:09:46 PM by Ricku »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #117 on: February 27, 2012, 03:31:21 PM »

D_Rochat

« Reply #118 on: February 27, 2012, 03:34:38 PM »

First chink the armor.

GRRRRRRR!!!!!

I could be wrong, but I think he means it would be useful to prevent light from entering the viewfinder rather than using it for protection.

Edit - CR is dreadfully slow today for obvious reasons and Ricku beat me to the reply. I'm not trying to repeat what he said  ;D
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 03:39:53 PM by D_Rochat »

UpCountry Films

« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2012, 03:40:49 PM »
Will the MkIII have 60fps in720 like the d800? or will it be the same as the old 5d and no 60fps in video?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2012, 03:40:49 PM »