December 20, 2014, 03:16:46 AM

Author Topic: The new 5D Mark III ?!?! PICS!  (Read 142319 times)

Studio B

Re: The new 5D Mark III ?!?! PICS!
« Reply #165 on: February 27, 2012, 06:27:36 PM »
"MFn" at the shutter suggests AF 7d alike?

Yes the MFn button is to cater for the newer AF system on new bodies like 7D, 1DX and etc.
Does anyone else chuckle a little when they read, “The MFn button”? I do. Like, “Push the MFn button already!”
"What's your MFn problem?”

That's MFn funny!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #165 on: February 27, 2012, 06:27:36 PM »

briansquibb

« Reply #166 on: February 27, 2012, 06:28:52 PM »
Looks like the eypiece has the same cover that the series 1 has rather than the adjustable wheel

jalbfb

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 27, 2012, 06:30:18 PM »
I can see that Canon have included the button on the top of the mode dial to prevent accidental rotation of the mode dial like they have on the 60D.
Great idea.

Can't wait for the full specs.

Good catch.  I did not notice that.  I agree, not often but on occasion that will happen to me.  Come on Friday!
Happy owner of the 5D Mark III, 24-105 f/4L and other L lenses

LetTheRightLensIn

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 27, 2012, 06:30:51 PM »

Yes the MFn button is to cater for the newer AF system on new bodies like 7D, 1DX and etc.
Does anyone else chuckle a little when they read, “The MFn button”? I do. Like, “Push the MFn button already!”

Maybe they designed it for Samuel Jackson. LOL

"I'm sick and tired of all the MFn snakes in this MFn camera!
And what kind of a MFn AF system did they put in this MFn system. I'm MFn sick of all these MFn snakes in the pop-up flash compartment!"

pakosouthpark

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 27, 2012, 06:37:55 PM »

And what kind of a MFn AF system did they put in this MFn system. I'm MFn sick of all these MFn snakes in the pop-up flash compartment!"

;D AHAHHA i didnt get it at first 'MFn' but after this post it became clear..

00Q

« Reply #170 on: February 27, 2012, 06:38:30 PM »
YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!!

astrocrab

« Reply #171 on: February 27, 2012, 06:44:46 PM »
In the 3rd photo, is that a scratch on the viewfinder bulge next to the mode dial, or evidence of image manipulation?

it is just reflection from narrow metal rim around mode dial, not a scratch.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 06:48:46 PM by astrocrab »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #171 on: February 27, 2012, 06:44:46 PM »

KT

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 27, 2012, 06:59:20 PM »

;D AHAHHA i didnt get it at first 'MFn' but after this post it became clear..
Ahhh, Nothing goes by you.

astrocrab

« Reply #173 on: February 27, 2012, 07:03:49 PM »

English, ManualFunction! Do you speak set it?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 07:21:19 PM by astrocrab »

traveller

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 27, 2012, 07:11:16 PM »
Request to Canon:

Please bring a 5D MkIII to 'Focus on Imaging' in Birmingham (UK) next week.  In fact, please bring several, because I don't want to have to queue for six hours to see one!

DJL329

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 27, 2012, 07:34:12 PM »
YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!!

I'll have what he's having...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 07:35:49 PM by DJL329 »
Canon EOS 5D Mark III | EF 14mm f/2.8L | EF 28mm f/1.8 | EF 50mm f/1.4 | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro | EF 300mm f/4L IS

marekjoz

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • marekjoz @flickr
« Reply #176 on: February 27, 2012, 07:48:53 PM »

I'll have what he's having...
Flange focal in Canon is just 44 mm....
flickr | youtube | 5D2, 50 F/1.4, 24-105 F/4 L IS, 300 F/4 L IS, x1.4 II

Orion

« Reply #177 on: February 27, 2012, 07:51:24 PM »
For now, I will simply suggest that one day they will do away with that big clunky wheel on top of the camera. . .

They did....it's called a 1Dx.  It does not have a mode dial on top of the camera.

:)

yeah, when I first saw the images, I got confused for a sec!

. . .but now let's see that aspect come to 5D! Why not!? Price!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #177 on: February 27, 2012, 07:51:24 PM »

Nikon

« Reply #178 on: February 27, 2012, 07:54:17 PM »
Thank you for sharing the pictures, great to know a 5d Mk3 is going to be out soon. I have been saying I will get an FF camera one day for over 6 years. It is time.

So are you going to be able to post a picture from the 5d mk3 or may be post the specs?

shuttersound

« Reply #179 on: February 27, 2012, 07:54:55 PM »
Did anyone notice tht the dial on the two photos are different (2nd pic and 3rd pic)? maybe im seeing things but one is with a 60D lock and the other photo is with a normal 5D2 lock (looking from the side). 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:01:13 PM by shuttersound »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #179 on: February 27, 2012, 07:54:55 PM »