September 23, 2014, 12:29:05 PM

Author Topic: The new 5D Mark III ?!?! PICS!  (Read 137389 times)

Studio B

Re: The new 5D Mark III ?!?! PICS!
« Reply #240 on: February 28, 2012, 07:29:09 AM »
I would suspect that the DOF preview button is located here and assignable like the 7D.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #240 on: February 28, 2012, 07:29:09 AM »

larlarloo

« Reply #241 on: February 28, 2012, 07:39:11 AM »
Are we there yet?  :D

Would the existing 7D users sell off your current 7D's after you buy the 5D3, if the AF of 5D3 can match the 7D?

zim

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 28, 2012, 07:49:08 AM »
1. What do you guys read into this mistake made by Canon Japan?

2. Why so many times do Canon and Nikon make this mistake on their very own website! I mean, does the web admin type in Canon EOS 5D Mark III then click upload/update and then only realize that it's live and therefore needs to put the page "down" asap?

The credibility is high here, we're talking about Canon Japan's website!

1.  Humans make mistakes.

2.  Web admins have to update the code, create new pages, etc. in order to get things ready.  It's probably just a case of saving the new page in the wrong place (updating it prematurely).

Most web sites I've worked on have an approval process on publishing new/updated pages. I would have expected canon to have this so to me it is quite surprising that this kind of error happened as is should require multiple 'mistakes'
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 08:02:30 AM by zim »

rgrphoto

« Reply #243 on: February 28, 2012, 07:53:05 AM »

Would the existing 7D users sell off your current 7D's after you buy the 5D3, if the AF of 5D3 can match the 7D?

No. Assuming Canon will not include a crop image format like Nikon does with their DX mode (which I'm pretty sure they've never done before) I would still like to have the extra reach the crop sensor affords. Now if they did include a "APS-C mode" with at least 10MP selling my 7D would be a very tempting option... also assuming that the 7ish fps rumour pans out too.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 08:01:56 AM by rgrphoto »

dswatson83

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 28, 2012, 08:08:11 AM »

No. Assuming Canon will not include a crop image format like Nikon does with their DX mode (which I'm pretty sure they've never done before) I would still like to have the extra reach the crop sensor affords. Now if they did include a "APS-C mode" with at least 10MP selling my 7D would be a very tempting option... also assuming that the 7ish fps rumour pans out too.
Can't agree more. The main reason for the cropped camera is the extra reach for most people and a DX mode would solve this problem. If Canon chooses to price the mark III at $3500 as rumored, that may price out alot of people from getting 2 bodies and they would either keep the 7D or a mark II for backup. $3500 is almost double the price of a new mark II which is why I think the price will likely be under $3000

pakosouthpark

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 28, 2012, 08:14:15 AM »

Can't agree more. The main reason for the cropped camera is the extra reach for most people and a DX mode would solve this problem. If Canon chooses to price the mark III at $3500 as rumored, that may price out alot of people from getting 2 bodies and they would either keep the 7D or a mark II for backup. $3500 is almost double the price of a new mark II which is why I think the price will likely be under $3000

dont forget the rumours that they are keeping mark II for awhile in the market, so i think markIII will be pricey!

Studio B

« Reply #246 on: February 28, 2012, 08:28:27 AM »
An APS-C mode would be great not sure how an EF-S lens mount would work if at all.  I'm still keeping my 7D as a back up.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #246 on: February 28, 2012, 08:28:27 AM »

jchl97

« Reply #247 on: February 28, 2012, 08:30:52 AM »
I would suspect that the DOF preview button is located here and assignable like the 7D.

this is the 60D right?

Studio B

« Reply #248 on: February 28, 2012, 08:37:16 AM »

this is the 60D right?
Yes

ramon123

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 28, 2012, 08:45:18 AM »
due to no press invites shown yet and relative quiet... should we start worrying that the 5D3 wont' be announced on March 2nd?

Ricku

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 28, 2012, 08:46:27 AM »
due to no press invites shown yet and relative quiet... should we start worrying that the 5D3 wont' be announced on March 2nd?
Correct. Press invites should have been sent out today or yesterday, but still nothing..

And I wonder where Michael Cruz went off to? He said that he was going to post more stuff, but now hes gone.

Octavian

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 28, 2012, 08:51:52 AM »
Correct. Press invites should have been sent out today or yesterday, but still nothing..

And I wonder where Michael Cruz went off to? He said that he was going to post more stuff, but now hes gone.

If you had a Canon 1Dx AND a Canon 5DMkIII would you be browsing a forum?.....
Neither would I!    ;D

I think he said he had a shoot today and hes in Dubai so is updates may not fall on everyones browsing schedule..... cant wait for anymore updates though!

ramon123

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 28, 2012, 08:53:58 AM »

Has this every happened in the history of EOS that no one knows about the press invite or has seen the marketing poster invite (Eg. C300 Hollywood) less than 60 hours away from supposed (CR3) announcement?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #252 on: February 28, 2012, 08:53:58 AM »

EYEONE

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 28, 2012, 08:55:26 AM »

No. The 7D is a great second camera. I plan on keeping my 7D for a long long time.
Canon 5D Mark III w/BG-E11, Canon 7D w/BG-E7: EF 24-70mm f.2.8L, EF 70-200mm f2.8L IS II, EF 40mm f2.8 Pancake STM, Speedlite 430EXII + 430EXI, Canon EOS 3

westbild

« Reply #254 on: February 28, 2012, 09:18:17 AM »

During the exposure, the reflex mirror (the 'R' in dSLR) is flipped up and completely blocks light entering the viewfinder from reaching the sensor. If your camera is leaking light during long exposures, you should send it to Canon Service, because light leakage sufficient to affect an image directly means a defective camera.

No, not quite. Normally the mirror blocks enough light from the viewfinder, so that it is not seen in the picture. But if you use a filter like ND 3.0 or IR 720, which lets only 1/1000 of the light pass, the light from behind can be clearly seen in the pic, even with a non-defect-cam (on an IR-image it looks blue).

A lamp from behind during a long exposure can have a similar effect.

And btw. a viewfinder-cover is also usefull, when you do timelapse with exposure-metering...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #254 on: February 28, 2012, 09:18:17 AM »