September 01, 2014, 03:48:17 AM

Author Topic: The new 5D Mark III ?!?! PICS!  (Read 136317 times)

AUGS

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Re: The new 5D Mark III ?!?! PICS!
« Reply #315 on: February 28, 2012, 06:42:45 PM »
Based on pics like this, how could Canon track who it was? (unless there's just 1 pair of 1dx/5diii's in Dubai)
How many 5d3 do you think there are in Dubai?
i doubt more then 3-4.
Well, thats a small enough number.... Off to the Principal's office!  :P
And how many have the same lenses as shown in the photos and in their signature, with full website contact details?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #315 on: February 28, 2012, 06:42:45 PM »

LetTheRightLensIn

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 28, 2012, 06:49:51 PM »
I think if those IT guys at canon did that on purpose/joke they'd get sent to prison by canon!!

you don´t go to prison for violating a NDA....
maybe in north korea....

oh it seems im wrong... other countrys seem to take it more seriously then my country.

CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Several states and the federal government have passed laws that make the unauthorized disclosure, theft or use of a trade secret a crime. Under these laws the government, not private businesses, arrests the perpetrators and brings criminal charges. The penalties-including imprisonment-can be much more severe than in a civil suit. A person convicted of violating the federal Electronic Espionage Act of 1996 can be imprisoned up to 10 years. The filing of a criminal case does not prevent you from suing. For example, in a case involving the Avery-Dennison company, a Taiwanese competitor was ordered to pay $5 million in fines to the government as a result of criminal charges and $60 million to Avery-Dennison as a result of a civil lawsuit involving claims of trade secret misappropriation, RICO violations and conversion. Criminal prosecutions of trade secret theft are rare because many businesses prefer not to bring law enforcement officials into the fray. Also, in some cases, law enforcement officials don't wish to prosecute because there may not be sufficient evidence to obtain conviction. Keep in mind that the standards of proof for criminal cases are higher than for civil battles.

http://www.ndasforfree.com/4StepstoTake.html

but i still don´t think posting images of a new product, when your under NDA, would get you into jail.
a civil lawsuite yes.. but i doubt it would get you jail time.

It could make you go bankrupt and get you blacklisted and make you look generally bad to employers, so even if no jail that's not exactly a great situation to be in is it?

LetTheRightLensIn

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 28, 2012, 06:57:26 PM »
I thought the direct mirror lockup button is called live view.  ;)

Never used the original mirror lockup method hidden in the custom functions menu. In live view I can even visually control vibrations. Am I missing something?

Nope - in fact, Live View is even better because it uses an electronic first curtain, and that reduces the vibration even further than MLU alone.

Someone posted some tests to DPR a year or two ago and Liveview actually make quite a noticeable difference for some exposure durations and was a lot better than regular MLU.

MazV-L

« Reply #318 on: February 28, 2012, 07:06:19 PM »
This is exciting ehehe ;D

What marked me in those pics before was the photographer wearing a Ricoh GR scarf, which could be odd if the guy is Canon staff and this is a PR photo op. Same goes for the Sigma lens on those new pictures. (ok, that could be on purpose to "prove" that it isn't a PR move...in this case i would applause !! ;D)

The lens pictured on the 1DX is NOT a Sigma, it is the Canon 85Lii at a rather strange angle so you can't see the red ring. I have this lens so was able to do a comparison and am sure of this ;)

Carny

« Reply #319 on: February 28, 2012, 07:08:30 PM »
This is exciting ehehe ;D

What marked me in those pics before was the photographer wearing a Ricoh GR scarf, which could be odd if the guy is Canon staff and this is a PR photo op. Same goes for the Sigma lens on those new pictures. (ok, that could be on purpose to "prove" that it isn't a PR move...in this case i would applause !! ;D)

The lens pictured on the 1DX is NOT a Sigma, it is the Canon 85Lii at a rather strange angle so you can't see the red ring. I have this lens so was able to do a comparison and am sure of this ;)

That was so 14 pages ago!

Sorry, couldn't help it.  I hate those stupid commercials.

LetTheRightLensIn

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 28, 2012, 07:09:43 PM »
How's this for a consipiracy theory.  Canon intentionally leaks the photos and "release" date knowing they will stir the blogosphere into a wild feeding frenzy.  Then when the sharks are circling in for the kill, they clamp down really hard to seal off any more info getting out and let the "release" date pass with no announcement.  One week goes by, two week, maybe a month.  By then, all credibility in CR as a reliable source of Canon product information has been uterly destroyed.  Canon can now continue to operate securely in to the future knowing that anything that comes out on CR, regardlss of confidence level, will be completely dismissed out of hand.  (I don't really believe any of that.  Just thought I would throw a little blood in the water  ;))

Or they just feed announcement dates a week off here and a spec 1 fps off there and use disinformation to slowly weed out all the leakers one by one.

LetTheRightLensIn

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 28, 2012, 07:14:39 PM »
I would think that the power of a pending lawsuit is enough to quiet anyone up.  I would be too scared to divulge open information like that.  If I were his friend, I would be furious.  I loved seeing the pics though. Thank you!  I hope that your user id wasn't your real name, and that the discussion of your location was really just a cover up.  It is interesting that the left side of the camera was never shown.  Could it have something there that even you didn't want to give away?  Also there were no mention of any specs.  Just photos?  Maybe this was an inside job?  I hope so.  Thanks for the info and good luck!

Based on pics like this, how could Canon track who it was? (unless there's just 1 pair of 1dx/5diii's in Dubai)

I would think not many 5D3 are out there, so there very, very, very well might be just one in Dubai, unless maybe there is some event there where they sent a whole bunch to test it at once and that is why the guy was not afraid to leak a photo or two.

Although perhaps Canon told the guy to leak a couple shots and it was under their orders.

Then again maybe the guy 'accidentally' fell off a balcony last night. This is the most likely scenario by far.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #321 on: February 28, 2012, 07:14:39 PM »

LetTheRightLensIn

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 28, 2012, 07:16:17 PM »
The pop up flash is nice in those situations when you need a touch of fill and don't have a 580 nearby.

+1

noodle

« Reply #323 on: February 28, 2012, 07:16:56 PM »

That doesn't explain MichaelCruz though....argg this is exciting !

He said he was going on a photoshoot........ guess who got shot?!

Nikon

« Reply #324 on: February 28, 2012, 07:22:17 PM »
So originally 1DX was going to be available in March now it is delayed to end of April for the UK (how about US?):

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/digital-cameras/1290682/canon-eos-1d-x-confirmed-for-april-launch

I hope 5DM3 is not delayed also.

tt

« Reply #325 on: February 28, 2012, 07:22:37 PM »
Lesson learnt? Check with someone before you break their NDA, or at least make the sneak peek pics anonymous?

Hopefully Canon sees this as what it is - a good leak that helps buildup of publicity and anticipation :)
As mentione - there hadn't been a takedown

AlicoatePhotography

« Reply #326 on: February 28, 2012, 07:29:52 PM »
I'm not sure what I was talking about with pending lawsuits and all that.  No way could you get in trouble for this kind of thing.  In fact I want to encourage everyone under NDA to break their silence.

...Hey a crack heads got to do what a crack head's got to do...  Now give me some more photos and specs.

dswatson83

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 28, 2012, 07:37:57 PM »
There is way too much silence. We got couple of pictures of the camera and direct contact with someone using it 3 days before the release and now complete silence. I am seriously beginning to doubt a Friday release unless the chatter picks up. The cameras are definitely out there but typically the Canon police would not be cutting out the chatter this close to the announcement. I remember alot of cameras that had full spec sheets leaked out by this time. If a announcement was still a month or more away, there would be a good reason for Canon to want to keep everyones lips tight

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #327 on: February 28, 2012, 07:37:57 PM »

dochawk

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 28, 2012, 07:50:02 PM »

How many 5d3 do you think there are in Dubai?

i doubt more then 3-4.

Well Gulf Photo Plus starts on Friday.  They pay pros alot to be there, so I would guess more than a few top flight Canonites are there

noodle

« Reply #329 on: February 28, 2012, 07:58:57 PM »
brimming with excitement!!!!!
I have been DYING to upgrade from my Xti to FF - I am not a pro by any stretch. but I do love this hobby, and if the MIII comes in south of  $3K I would love to pick one up, if not then I will definitley pull the trigger on the crappy MII ::)
A couple of my buds have the 7D whivh they LOOVE and are pushing me to get that instead of the mII,
I dont shoot action very often, and I'm  of the opinion that I would rather a FF than a better AF system - after all I am used to the Xti AF, although not the latest and greatest I have taken some nice shots with L glass on this camera.

So for an avid amateur whose action shots are a definite low percentage of overall subjects to shoot, does my rationale make sense?

PS Whatever camera I get I will definitly keep for a number of years (secretly I still like my lil Xti :o)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #329 on: February 28, 2012, 07:58:57 PM »