November 24, 2014, 10:12:33 AM

Author Topic: The new 5D Mark III ?!?! PICS!  (Read 140881 times)

buumi

Re: The new 5D Mark III ?!?! PICS!
« Reply #360 on: February 29, 2012, 03:17:46 AM »
The camera itself looks real. But the "Mark III" bagde looks more like a sticker.  ??? Go check the "Mark..." bagde of the EOS 5D Mark II, EOS 1D Mark IV and others. They look more like a bagde.

I agree with you

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #360 on: February 29, 2012, 03:17:46 AM »

D.Sim

« Reply #361 on: February 29, 2012, 05:24:43 AM »
Does anyone thinks the camera shown in these pics looks a bit cheap? I prefer the "5D" logo plate on the Mark II better than this print plastic thingy. Maybe the new body won't be made of magnesium alloy anymore?

Yes, label looks kinda cheap. but i think what a camera of $3.5k would not be made of plastic.

How about a Carbon Fibre shell over a Magnesium Alloy frame?

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger  8)

also: change the industry... Backlit sensors?  :o

« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 05:56:38 AM by D.Sim »

Octavian

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 29, 2012, 06:57:59 AM »

How about a Carbon Fibre shell over a Magnesium Alloy frame?

:o  its a camera not a Terminator!     ;D

Drama79

« Reply #363 on: February 29, 2012, 07:03:38 AM »
I think, given the amount of radio silence, that CR Guy knows a lot more. It is weird that things are quiet - perhaps it's worth a post tying together some of the fervent speculation, posting the Ixus-flavoured invite from a few threads ago, and some other stuff? But with the amount of silence, it's either not happening, or CR Guy knows what he can and can't say, and it must be killing him!

chengpenguin

« Reply #364 on: February 29, 2012, 07:30:17 AM »
The camera itself looks real. But the "Mark III" bagde looks more like a sticker.  ??? Go check the "Mark..." bagde of the EOS 5D Mark II, EOS 1D Mark IV and others. They look more like a bagde.

What you shoud be scrutinizing is not only the Mark III badge, but the entire camera... There are more than one new change from 5DII and 7D.

Microphone holes, no pop-up flash, base design, MFn button etc etc.

rgrphoto

« Reply #365 on: February 29, 2012, 07:45:12 AM »
I was quite busy the past days and had very limited internet access.. I really dont have any further, information about the camera. Like all of you, I'm dying to know... Been waiting for this cam for over a year now...

I dont have access to the camera (how i wish!!) the one who supposedly have it posted this on his social media so he wishes to share it.. Whether it is with him or not we dont know. I know few people who knows him personally but they also havnt seen the cam yet.  He is not saying anything about it.. Just posted the pictures and thats it. Im sure he doesnt work for canon but who knows...

Sorry guys, i guess we have to wait for a few days to know :) do some photoshoot it makes time flies quickly! Im sure theres more to this camera that we dont know yet... I wish canon announce this thing already!
And let the conspiracy theories begin anew with this post. Nothing seems to add up. How the heck can someone have both a 1DX and and 5D3 and not work for Canon in some fashion and have worked with them long enough to be given their two most anticipated new products? It would take a lot of built up trust and a long relationship with Canon to be given that privilege and why would you throw that away? Of course that begs the question how are we looking at these photos today and I really don't have an answer to that.

I don't buy the theory that Canon leaked these photos for publicity. Now I want that to be true and I think almost everyone reading this site would think that to leak photos as a marketing scheme would be a really smart move by Canon, after all we the customers are now peeing our pants with anticipation so naturally we'd think it would be a smart move, it would be the cool thing to do (not the peeing, really, thats not cool), but it just doesn't seem like something Canon would do. My impression of Canon is that they would think that doing such a leek would make them look out of control of their product research, general mismanagement and incompetence which is something they would value much more than extra hype around a product that we already dream about. The 5D3 doesn't even really need to be advertised in the first place cause it has such a massive fan base that is looking for any sign of it. So could these cams be stolen? Is the owner/tester an idiot? I don't think we'll ever know. And we're not going to get the link to the social site out of michaelrcruz, he's covering his tracks. But don't get me wrong Michael, you are a hero in our books.

And don't forget Canon is under no obligation to announce ANYTHING this Friday, so don't go jumping off a building if they don't.

UPDATE: I take it back. CR's new post gives us reason to jump.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 08:26:01 AM by rgrphoto »

Mooose

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 29, 2012, 08:08:20 AM »
How the heck can someone have both a 1DX and and 5D3 and not work for Canon in some fashion and have worked with them long enough to be given their two most anticipated new products?

Because obviously that someone is this man:
Canon 7d, 17-55 f2.8 IS, 100mm f2.8 macro, 70-200mm f4L IS , 70-200mm f2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L IS, 10-22mm f3.5-4.5

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #366 on: February 29, 2012, 08:08:20 AM »

rgrphoto

« Reply #367 on: February 29, 2012, 08:10:44 AM »
lol touche. "I don't always take pictuers but when I do, I use a 5D Mark VII."
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 08:17:14 AM by rgrphoto »

Fotofanten

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 29, 2012, 08:25:54 AM »
Come on guys, this is not reddit.com.

Cant wait for the mkIII, I skipped the mkII and I am sick of cleaning the sensor on my 5D classic. On a more positive note, I have gotten quite good at it by now.

Specs are looking good. I only wish they could make an effort to make it a tad smaller and / or lighter than the previous generations.
Flickr

6D | Samyang 14mm | 16-35 L IS | 40mm | 50L | 100L

gbchriste

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 29, 2012, 08:58:54 AM »
How the heck can someone have both a 1DX and and 5D3 and not work for Canon in some fashion and have worked with them long enough to be given their two most anticipated new products?

He focuses his 5D2 by mind control.

He can handhold an 800mm 5.6L at 30 second shutter speeds

His persona is so bright, he can leave his 580EX II at home

He is...the most interesting man in the world.

Studio B

« Reply #370 on: February 29, 2012, 09:02:31 AM »
I was quite busy the past days and had very limited internet access.. I really dont have any further, information about the camera. Like all of you, I'm dying to know... Been waiting for this cam for over a year now...

I dont have access to the camera (how i wish!!) the one who supposedly have it posted this on his social media so he wishes to share it.. Whether it is with him or not we dont know. I know few people who knows him personally but they also havnt seen the cam yet.  He is not saying anything about it.. Just posted the pictures and thats it. Im sure he doesnt work for canon but who knows...

Sorry guys, i guess we have to wait for a few days to know :) do some photo shoot it makes time flies quickly! Im sure theres more to this camera that we dont know yet... I wish canon announce this thing already!
And let the conspiracy theories begin anew with this post. Nothing seems to add up. How the heck can someone have both a 1DX and and 5D3 and not work for Canon in some fashion and have worked with them long enough to be given their two most anticipated new products?

It's obvious now that this is a friend, of a friend, of a friend, scenario.  The one who has the cameras is not the one actually leaking the images or we'd have more info on it. He invited a fellow photog over to "check it out" and allowed them to photograph the equipment. A stupid move if you've read and signed the NDA.

EYEONE

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 29, 2012, 09:02:57 AM »

He focuses his 5D2 by mind control.

He can handhold an 800mm 5.6L at 30 second shutter speeds

His persona is so bright, he can leave his 580EX II at home

He is...the most interesting man in the world.

Nice.
Canon 5D Mark III w/BG-E11, Canon 7D w/BG-E7: EF 24-70mm f.2.8L, EF 70-200mm f2.8L IS II, EF 40mm f2.8 Pancake STM, Speedlite 430EXII + 430EXI, Canon EOS 3

K-amps

• 1D X
  • Whatever looks great !
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 29, 2012, 09:32:04 AM »
I don't want to be the 1699th person saying this... but  ::)

A few weeks ago CR guys gave us the specs and said the price was $2700. Recently he confirmed those specs but the price was $3500, a difference of $800.  Well guys Does'nt the 5d2 Kit 24-105 cost a $800 differential anyway?

So... I welcome the 2700 body only price and place my order at Adorama as soon as it is available!
EOS-5D Mk.iii 
Sigma 24-105mm F4 ART; EF 70-200 F/2.8L Mk.II; EF 85mm L F/1.2 Mk. II; EF 100mm L F/2.8 IS Macro, 50mm F/1.8ii;  TC's 2x Mk.iii; 1.4x Mk.iii

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #372 on: February 29, 2012, 09:32:04 AM »

Carny

« Reply #373 on: February 29, 2012, 10:45:19 AM »
He doesn't take photos, they willingly submit themselves to him.

Canon management eagerly awaits his next move.

gputah

« Reply #374 on: February 29, 2012, 11:34:02 AM »
Looks like this page isn't going to make it to 30 pages after all. :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #374 on: February 29, 2012, 11:34:02 AM »