Gear Talk > Third Party Manufacturers

Interesting camera phone from Nokia

(1/2) > >>

Drizzt321:
So, found the Nokia 808 PureView through another forum, and it's a very interesting idea. Take a smallish physical size, pack it full of pixels, and then use the 'crop' factor to fake a zoom. And then (my thoughts) you can always keep it wide, and combine pixels to scale down the size of an image from humongo to normal camera phone size and get rid of some of the noise in low light.

Minnesota Nice:
More megapixels?  Must mean it's a better camera! (What most people will assume)

Anyways, it's a very interesting camera to have on a phone.  Regardless it still looks pretty decent actually.

Drizzt321:
Yea, my first thought was, 41 MP on a camera phone? WTF are they thinking!

But, after really considering it, and seeing what they were actually doing with it, does seem like it might work out to be pretty decent.

takoman46:
Now the question is will they make an EF mount adapter like they did for the iPhone? Nokia phone + 24-70 f/2.8L II = WIN! lol

Minnesota Nice:

--- Quote from: takoman46 on February 27, 2012, 09:12:39 PM ---Now the question is will they make an EF mount adapter like they did for the iPhone? Nokia phone + 24-70 f/2.8L II = WIN! lol

--- End quote ---

I want one of those so bad just to have it haha.

http://photojojo.com/store/awesomeness/iphone-slr-mount/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version