Gear Talk > Canon General

Camera Body Breakdown [CR1]

(1/9) > >>

Canon Rumors:
600D Not unexpected, but a new Rebel will arrive in 2011. I’m told it will be announced in the April timeframe. There will be no Rebel XS successor. Expect the T2i to become the entry level Rebel. 5D Mark III Nothing of note. I do expect it to arrive in 2011 in some form. 7D Mark II There won’t be a 7D replacement until at least 2012. 1Ds Mark IV Something is coming at the end of 2011, I’ve had a few more assurances that the camera will be a departure from the current 1Ds family. 1D Mark V Nothing I’m told about the Mark V I put much stock in. Full frame comes up as expected. This camera is probably still in very early testing and development. The merging of the 1D/1Ds may occur in 2012. There are some signs to suggest the possibility, the biggest one being the departure the next 1Ds will take (maybe even the name of the camera). Mirrorless Nothing of note has been mentioned lately. PowerShot The usual upgrades can be expected to start in late January. I’ve received nothing out of the ordinary. Megapixels The megapixel war is not over, even if Canon is the only one fighting it. Expect large increases in the next 12 months. cr

Vishal:

--- Quote from: Canon Rumors on December 07, 2010, 11:51:32 AM ---The megapixel war is not over, even if Canon is the only one fighting it. Expect large increases in the next 12 months.

--- End quote ---
Damn It!  >:(

neuroanatomist:

--- Quote from: Canon Rumors on December 07, 2010, 11:51:32 AM ---5D Mark III
Nothing of note.  I do expect it to arrive in 2011 in some form.

--- End quote ---

I'm looking forward to ordering the 5DIII in 2011 - I'm sure I'll be able to order it along with the 24-70mm f/2.8L IS zoom lens, a herd of unicorns, a perpetual motion machine, and many other wonderful, mythical products...

CR1 indeed...   :o

hpoul:
i'm thinking about buying a 5dII - do you think i should wait for the 5d Mark III? (i wouldn't have a problem to wait 3 months.. but if it's going to be more like a year i would probably go with the mark II for now :) ) any thoughts?

CR Backup Admin:

--- Quote from: hpoul on December 07, 2010, 12:16:40 PM ---i'm thinking about buying a 5dII - do you think i should wait for the 5d Mark III? (i wouldn't have a problem to wait 3 months.. but if it's going to be more like a year i would probably go with the mark II for now :) ) any thoughts?

--- End quote ---

No one knows.  3 months, 6 months, 2 years?  Its all just guesses based on past new model introductions.  My take is that the 5d MK II is selling very well, so Canon sees no need to introduce a replacement that would be just a minor upgrade, but cost more.

The rumors of any substantial changes are just the dreams, as are the comments about poor AF performance from those who don't use one.

I've had mine from the first batch that was shipped in late November 2008 and its been great.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version