July 29, 2014, 07:41:41 PM

Author Topic: Neck Strap Loops Design  (Read 8667 times)

Wrathwilde

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • Anarchy Photography
Re: Neck Strap Loops Design
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2012, 04:55:29 AM »
I'm thinking about a spider belt...anyone in here with experiences?

My girlfriend gave me one for Valentines, I did a photo shoot with it over the weekend. I absolutely love it, I will never go back to any "strap" system. The only drawback is if you wear your shirts untucked, and use your own belt to hold the holster, then you have to move your shirt out of the way to holster it. Not a big deal... when I'm shooting my camera stays in my hand, only during breaks in the shooting do I return the camera to holster, so it's only a minor inconvenience. If you are using their belt system then you can always attach the belt over your shirt and not have to worry about it.

Cheers,
Wrathwilde

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2012, 04:55:29 AM »

eosbit

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2012, 05:12:04 AM »
These ar the straps endorsed by POTN:

http://www.procameragear.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/28

I have one of these on each of our bodies, and would never use anything else.  They are the most comfortable strap I've every used by far.

Also, the straps have been with us for over 5 years and are hardly showing any wear at all, no issues with fraying or breaking - they practically look new.

Jamesy

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2012, 06:15:18 AM »
here is the modified L bracket, the hacked marks are where i used a dremel to make it fit
this can lock into a capture on my belt to stop the body swinging, the rapid strap remains hooked up all the time
to go to a tripod simply unclip the carabina from the rapid
Cool - here was my solution for a RRS-L bracket:

crasher7

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2012, 06:48:04 AM »
I have both a BR RS -7 and a Carryspeed CS-1, Sixes.

ramon123

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2012, 06:49:17 AM »
Got a BlackRapid strap system once I got heavier lenses.  Took off the Canon neck strap and haven't used it since.

Ditto.

Which model of the BlackRapid strap system is the best/most popular? Does it make a big difference versus the Canon one?

DzPhotography

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2012, 06:52:06 AM »

Yep I'm an extremely satisfied Spider Pro user. http://www.spiderholster.com/

I shoot track & field athletics with 3 bodies, one with 300 f/2.8 on a monopod, the 70-200 f/2.8is II on one hip and a wide on the other hip using the SpiderPro dual system. http://www.spiderholster.com/dual-camera-system.html It's also brilliant for events work when working with more than one body.

I can RUN with this setup. Different jobs suit different setups. I'd like to try BlackRapid too. It's a no-risk low-cost test drive to give the eBay knockoffs a spin.

I have found Spider Pro brilliant to deal with and they responded quickly and favourably when I had a minor issue with an early first design.
Replacement was immediate and suggested design mods were listened to. A few years in, it's now a mature design made with premium, bulletproof materials.

HTH,
Paul Wright
Thanks for the FB ;)

My girlfriend gave me one for Valentines, I did a photo shoot with it over the weekend. I absolutely love it, I will never go back to any "strap" system. The only drawback is if you wear your shirts untucked, and use your own belt to hold the holster, then you have to move your shirt out of the way to holster it. Not a big deal... when I'm shooting my camera stays in my hand, only during breaks in the shooting do I return the camera to holster, so it's only a minor inconvenience. If you are using their belt system then you can always attach the belt over your shirt and not have to worry about it.

Cheers,
Wrathwilde
You too, thanks for the FB. I wasn't planning on using my own belt, but the spider belt instead. Guess I'll be ordering one soon  ;)
EOS 550D | EOS 7D | EOS 6D | EOS 1Dx | EF-S 15-85 | EF 28f2.8 | EF 30f2.0 | EF 40f2.8 | EF 50f1.8II | EF 16-35f2.8L MkII | EF 24-105 f4L | EF 24-70f2.8L | EF 70-200f2.8L MkII | Sigma 10f2.8 Fisheye | Sigma 50f1.4 | Tamron 17-50f2.8VC | Tokina 11-16f2.8 | 430EXII | 580EXII

rewards

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2012, 05:18:43 PM »
here is the modified L bracket, the hacked marks are where i used a dremel to make it fit
this can lock into a capture on my belt to stop the body swinging, the rapid strap remains hooked up all the time
to go to a tripod simply unclip the carabina from the rapid
Cool - here was my solution for a RRS-L bracket:

Very nice.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2012, 05:18:43 PM »

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2012, 06:12:36 PM »
is that just a zip tie? :o
APS-H Fanboy

Jamesy

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2012, 06:41:59 PM »
is that just a zip tie? :o

It is a heavy duty zip tie with a metal tooth that grips the tie.

paxri01

« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2012, 06:58:46 PM »
I see they redesigned the Black Rapid, but still not keen on supporting the camera from the tri-pod mount.  I went with the BosStrap and it works great for me with the 70-200 2.8L II and allows for quick release attach.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/839242-REG/BosStrap_BOS1_5OP_One_Piece_Sling_Strap.html

But the standard neck strap is definitely out.

D_Rochat

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2012, 02:40:45 AM »
I see they redesigned the Black Rapid, but still not keen on supporting the camera from the tri-pod mount.

Small | Large

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2012, 02:40:45 AM »