July 31, 2014, 01:40:24 AM

Author Topic: An announcement today or what?  (Read 4619 times)

SomeGuyInNewJersey

Re: An announcement today or what?
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 09:24:25 AM »
I think CR Guy is honest with the rating he puts on whats he's told. Even if the sources were also honest that doesnt meant he day is set in stone... Canon management could decide to pull the date for all sorts of reasons even days away from a planned event...

Doesnt really affect CR Guys credibility in my eyes if Canon change their minds. Of course it doesn't do Canon managements credibility much good though! But they are making business decisions based on lots of things including many we dont have a clue about so cannot second guess.

There will be some serious toys thrown around on this forum if they dont announce soon though. It'll be like if I told my 5 year old christmas morning that christmas was postponed and I dont know when until... Though at least my daughters immediate response wont be "Father Chistmas sucks I'm going to switch to the Easter Bunny"... I am sure we are going to get many of those kind of comment here come March the 3rd if we have no word  :)

Though at this rate I dont see Canon or Nikon having new Pro and Semi Pro DSLRS in customers hands in time for the olympics or more importantly... my Arizona photo trip!

At least the Nikon fanboys know what it is they are not getting yet.  :)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 09:43:26 AM by SomeGuyInNewJersey »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 09:24:25 AM »

alexlyf

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 09:43:18 AM »
Apart from the fear of no actual announcement, I am also worried this might be a trick of the Canon secret police to pull out the insider/leak source.  Each source person is intentionally given a false release date and whoever leaked the 2/3 date is the traitor.  ;)

TotoEC

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 10:02:28 AM »
No one really ponders why there is a lack of 'news flash' for 5DIII/5Dx?

WHAT IF:  Canon is caught with it's 'pants down' realizing that, sales or productivity wise, what they have in 5DIII/5Dx is 'thin' by comparison to it's rival, the D800?  It is not conceivable that they delay the official announcement.

BillyBean

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2012, 10:35:50 AM »
Actually, Canon have made an announcement today. They have announced that they are selling an Espresso machine...

See it on Canon.jp at http://cweb.canon.jp/newsrelease/2012-02/pr-xu80.html

;)

BDD

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2012, 10:37:46 AM »
Well, it's almost 7:30 AM in LA (I'm staying in LA for a few months) and there has been no announcements for the new 5D3/X. Nothing on the camera websites I'm following (via Twitter). Nothing here on CR. So, it looks like the announcement will be on Thursday. Don't know why I thought it would be Friday. So a little longer.

My money is on a 5D3 (over a 5D-X). Though, if Canon does choose to call the next version a "5D-X" (10th Anniversary) and give us a "22MP, 6.x FPS, 61-pt AF, 100-51,200 native ISO camera I'll be happy and will be putting in my order later this year for my Xmas gift.

candyman

• 1D X
  • The best critic sits in front of the camera
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 10:54:27 AM »
It doesn't look like today. I know for sure a new Rebel is coming,..................

Any CR3 rumored specs on the new Rebel?
5DIII w/grip  |  6D  |  16-35L IS  |  24-70VC  |  24-105L  |  70-200 f/2.8L IS II  |  70-300L  |  35 f/2 IS  |  50A  |  135L

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 10:54:27 AM »