April 18, 2014, 12:38:54 PM

Author Topic: Just got word the 5D III isn't coming this week  (Read 12155 times)

SomeGuyInNewJersey

Re: Just got word the 5D III isn't coming this week
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 05:10:48 PM »
It was my birthday yesterday but I didn't get any gift from my wife, she just told me the new 5D and 24-70 II will be my gift!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
She even asks me about the new 5D everyday!!

Punch your best friend... shes obviously having sex with him...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 05:10:48 PM »

simonxu11

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 05:15:20 PM »
It was my birthday yesterday but I didn't get any gift from my wife, she just told me the new 5D and 24-70 II will be my gift!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

My best friend is a SHE, so I don't mind watching or joining them

SomeGuyInNewJersey

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 05:19:25 PM »

Now theres a good use for your new 5d3 and 24-70 II  ;D

unfocused

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Unfocused: A photo website
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2012, 05:21:36 PM »
I'm a strong advocate of the stealth method.

You'd be surprised at how many strobes, lenses, umbrellas, etc. etc., you can sneak into the man cave if you are careful.

You do need to 'fess up to at least one white lens, so that she knows you have at least one big white lens, since they are pretty much a dead giveaway.

Once she knows you've got three or four lenses, you are golden. Who notices the differences after that.

When you are caught (and you will be caught) just act like you've had it for a long time. "Oh that, I got that ages ago."

This only works if you keep separate accounts. That, BTW, I have found after three marriages is a real secret to a happy marriage.

Never, ever, ever complain, criticize or question your partner's purchases. It takes a lot of shoes and purses to equal a lens.

Get home first, so you can intercept the package or delivery notice.  Adorama plasters their names all over their packages making them way too distinctive for a stealth operation.

Don't ever believe you are really fooling her. She probably knows all about your addiction anyway.
pictures sharp. life not so much. www.unfocusedmg.com

distant.star

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Tracy's Shooting Gallery
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2012, 05:23:51 PM »
When the wife sent me packing I got the cameras. She got the money.

Maybe she's buying a 5D3.
Walter: Were you listening to The Dude's story? Donny: I was bowling. Walter: So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

pj1974

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • A selection of my photos (copyright)
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 05:26:28 PM »
LOL!   I also had quite a good laugh at the original post... and at some of the replies (applause given to various folks!)  Thanks for the "ha ha ha" laughs.   ;D

Well, as a guy earning a good salary in Australia, and currently single - I probably don't have the dilemma that some others have between the delicate line of 'negotiating' with a wife or partner about the purchase of toys / photography equipment for the hobby. Definitely everything needs to be kept in perspective - eg important things like paying essential bills, providing for health needs, future education, etc. (This is beginning to sound SO dry!!!!)  :-\

I do realise some people have suggested very much tongue in cheek about sneaking in a new body, or lens... he he he...

A strategy that can work is have two tins or 'fun funds' (one for each spouse / partner respectively) - where money is put in each (eg $100 from income put aside, $50 for A and $50 for B).  And then, purchases for respective hobbies / special spending made from each. (Purchases don't have to be made at the same time). I have a degree in marketing and accounting, as well as work background in both relationship counselling. I'm not saying I'm a guru, but I've seen this work very successfully - and makes both the purchaser as well as the other, appreciate what is saved up for, and then purchased.  ;)

There can be a 'grey line' about 'what is necessary' and 'what is a fun fund thing' (eg is an evening dress, is sports equipment, improvements to the car, etc, etc?) Being clear on definitions from the beginning is important. I've also lived in a developing country, working in international charity - basically gave up my career and income to do so, therefore I also know the real life restraints on being frugal and living on VERY little.  (So consider setting up a 'giving away to needs of the world' tin / fund also!)

Ok, to end on a lighter note.... ensure you hold your spouses / partner's hand MORE than you have your hand on the camera. That way, with love in your life, you are definitely more open to see the beauty in life (either a flower, landscape, smile, abstract form, etc, etc).   :-*

I don't think I'll be getting the 5DmkIII (or what will be the next 'budget' FF camera). I'm sure it will be a great camera, and I expect will have awesome image quality.  But I'm still very thankful with my 7D - and it does what I need it to in a very good way. It's a very versatile and capable camera body, and with the 4 quality lenses I have (including good zooms, prime, macro, etc)- I can capture pretty much any photo I want to.

For sure, advancement in technology and more capable cameras, including the 5DmkIII that we're expecting will be a welcome addition to the market, and will hopefully see improvements 'trickle down' to more Canon camera bodies! We're all winners.  Happy photography everyone!!!    8)

Regards (& lots of laughs)

Paul
I'm not a brand-fanatic. What I do appreciate is using my 7D and 350D cameras along with a host of lenses & many accessories to capture quality photos, and share with friends.

Frank209

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2012, 05:28:59 PM »
Good thing of owning an office in cinematography 2 miles from home.... she just has no clue :D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2012, 05:28:59 PM »

wickidwombat

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2012, 06:26:30 PM »
My wife just told me to quit wasting time because the new 5D isn't even coming (CR 0.001)   ::)

Besides, you're not even a photographer!  (CR 2)   :'(

AND, you're definitely not getting one anyway!  (CR5)  >:(

Hahaha too funny!
APS-H Fanboy

sama

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2012, 06:44:51 PM »
wife or 5d. up to you......
come on ....... be a man

RedEye

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2012, 07:01:44 PM »
I think we need to CR all our comments now...lol. [CR 6]

thatcherk1

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2012, 07:06:08 PM »
Y'all better hope your wives don't see this thread.  As sneaky as one can be with money laundering within a relationship, things can sure be given away with a CR site tab open in the web browser.

Crapking

• 7D
  • "Whatever you are....be a good one." AL
    • View Profile
    • Crapking Photos
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2012, 07:14:22 PM »
Engagement Photo - Polaroid

Wedding Video - VCR

Child's first birthday - Point and Shoot

Child's Graduation - SLR

Child's Wedding - dSLR

First Grandchild - 5d III

First Grandchild's inheritance (well at least we have nice photos of him  :) )
1Dx, 1DIV, 5D3, 7D, (Sigma 15 FE)
16-35/2.8; 24-70/2.8 II; 70-200/2.8 II, 100-400L
35/1.4, 40/2.8; 50/1.2, 85/1.2, 135/2; 200/2

cinema-dslr

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2012, 07:22:10 PM »

And isn't it nice from canon to include it with video function  ;D
Canon eos C100, 7D, 40d, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2,8L, 100 f2,8L is macro , ef-s 10-22, sigma 28f1,8 macro, samyang 8 f3,5 fisheye, tamron 70-200 f2,8 macro

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2012, 07:22:10 PM »

vuilang

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2012, 08:26:22 PM »

And isn't it nice from canon to include it with video function  ;D
and a new features of Audio as well.. WOW.

te4o

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2012, 09:10:35 PM »
unfocused, I'd wish to have you as grandfather with all that wisdom!! (But age-wise it might fit into extended brotherhood...)
Anyway, happy "suffering" all of you (I mean, it's not easy: not only is that damned thing not out yet, but we already have to hide it from our family members... :-*) Double stealth phenomenon! Canon is breaking marriages! What news could come up - and probably some claims for compensation... Were you informed on the User Manual actually that when you purchase expensive DSLR gear your marriage/relationship could brake ? No? Well, there's the money for the next model...
@pj1974: Paul, don't worry mate, even with a good Australian Dollar and Aussie salaries and without any other costs the Australian DSLR retailers will make you weep...! Next week already, probably...
Cheers
5D3 (04/12), Carl Zeiss ZE 21, 35/1.4, 50MP, 100MP
Canon 135/2, Sigma 85/1.4
SONY RX100

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2012, 09:10:35 PM »