July 23, 2014, 07:11:37 PM

Author Topic: Just got word the 5D III isn't coming this week  (Read 12742 times)

Old Shooter

• Canon 70D
  • Never met a gadget I didn't like!
    • View Profile
Re: Just got word the 5D III isn't coming this week
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2012, 11:41:34 PM »
My wife just told me to quit wasting time because the new 5D isn't even coming (CR 0.001)   ::)

Besides, you're not even a photographer!  (CR 2)   :'(

AND, you're definitely not getting one anyway!  (CR5)  >:(

Very funny! Great OP!
5DIII, XSi, A2, 10s (x2), 20-35L, 24-70L II, 28-70L, 70-200L, 70-200L IS II, 85L II, 135L, 40 Pancake, 50 Macro, 100 Macro, 135 Soft-Focus, Crappy EF-S Kit Lens, 430EX II, Metz 45 CL-4, Metz 60 CT-4 (x2), White Lightnings, and lots of other junk...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2012, 11:41:34 PM »

Old Shooter

• Canon 70D
  • Never met a gadget I didn't like!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2012, 11:43:40 PM »
It was my birthday yesterday but I didn't get any gift from my wife, she just told me the new 5D and 24-70 II will be my gift!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
She even asks me about the new 5D everyday!!

Awesome wife! ;D

Does she have a like-minded sister? ;)
5DIII, XSi, A2, 10s (x2), 20-35L, 24-70L II, 28-70L, 70-200L, 70-200L IS II, 85L II, 135L, 40 Pancake, 50 Macro, 100 Macro, 135 Soft-Focus, Crappy EF-S Kit Lens, 430EX II, Metz 45 CL-4, Metz 60 CT-4 (x2), White Lightnings, and lots of other junk...

briansquibb

« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2012, 12:21:50 AM »
'The money isn't earning interest in the savings account - might as well use it for something usefull - you can sell it later if needed'

Blessings on her  :-* :-* :-*

cps_user

« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2012, 03:13:04 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

lol Carny

we can come over and have a nice CR meetup at your house one night drinking beers and discussing rumors, just to get your wife annoyed and maybe convince her you do need that camera ;)

Angryoak

« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2012, 03:17:13 AM »
It was my birthday yesterday but I didn't get any gift from my wife, she just told me the new 5D and 24-70 II will be my gift!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
She even asks me about the new 5D everyday!!

Awesome wife! ;D

Does she have a like-minded sister? ;)

Hell, with an attitude like that, I'd be happy with a like-minded brother. Ideally without a lot of facial/back hair and a panache for summer dresses. But I'm being a little fussy ;)

thure1982

« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2012, 03:38:40 AM »
I just bought a piano for my girlfriend, so I can have a good/lame excuse to buy 5D MK III. Beat that!

First post, btw.. Nice forum.

My fiance has said that I can do what ever I want with "my" money as long as I pay my part of the bills.
I've been going on about the 5D3 for years and have been saying that I'm gonna get one someday.
We're having a baby in May and this weekend she asked if that new camera I was getting could record video of the new baby.
Awesome!
Nothings stopping me now. muahaha

Also, the headline of this thread almost made me cry.

AdamJ

« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2012, 03:59:16 AM »
About half of my 5D3's likely cost has been covered by recent payments from my medical insurer (£50 per night in return for being in a state-funded hospital). It makes it almost worth having a failing pancreas.  :-\

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2012, 03:59:16 AM »

ramon123

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2012, 04:06:04 AM »
Found on a french forum http://www.eos-numerique.com (from an unknown source called fpy) :

"INVITATION PERSONNELLE ET CONFIDENTIELLE
NE PAS DIFFUSER, NE PAS TRANSMETTRE
A 9h30 vendredi 2 mars"

Google Translation :

"PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL INVITATION
DO NOT RELEASE, DO NOT SEND

At 9:30 am Friday, March 2"

link here : http://www.eos-numerique.com/forums/f11/canon-google-page-ranking-sentera-son-eos-5dmkiii-le-196481-4.html#post1971012279

Breacher1

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2012, 04:11:52 AM »
About half of my 5D3's likely cost has been covered by recent payments from my medical insurer (£50 per night in return for being in a state-funded hospital). It makes it almost worth having a failing pancreas.  :-\

Seriously hope everything works out OK Adam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

???

7enderbender

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2012, 09:46:15 AM »
I'm a strong advocate of the stealth method.

You'd be surprised at how many strobes, lenses, umbrellas, etc. etc., you can sneak into the man cave if you are careful.

You do need to 'fess up to at least one white lens, so that she knows you have at least one big white lens, since they are pretty much a dead giveaway.

Once she knows you've got three or four lenses, you are golden. Who notices the differences after that.

When you are caught (and you will be caught) just act like you've had it for a long time. "Oh that, I got that ages ago."

This only works if you keep separate accounts. That, BTW, I have found after three marriages is a real secret to a happy marriage.

Never, ever, ever complain, criticize or question your partner's purchases. It takes a lot of shoes and purses to equal a lens.

Get home first, so you can intercept the package or delivery notice.  Adorama plasters their names all over their packages making them way too distinctive for a stealth operation.

Don't ever believe you are really fooling her. She probably knows all about your addiction anyway.

:-) Not that far off. Best thing: there is a good store within walking distance of work! And they don't blink when people pay cash...the guy actually recently laughed when they had something on backorder and he offered to mail it home for free. Nah, thanks I'd rather pick it up.

The only issue are the growing size and number of bags and cases under my desk. The  Pelican case really looks different from my bag from a few years ago...  :D

5DII - 50L - 135L - 200 2.8L - 24-105 - 580EXII - 430EXII - FD 500/8 - AE1-p - bag full of FD lenses

kubelik

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • a teatray in the sky
« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2012, 01:17:40 PM »
I'll second unfocused's advice of being supportive of your partner's purchases.  it's got to be a two way street.  if you are buying expensive camera equipment you will never have a grounds to nitpick at her personal purchases.  and yeah, it takes either some very very expensive purses (or a lot of less expensive purses) to add up to a single L lens ... or, apparently these days, a slow non-L prime (yep I'm still bitter on the pricing for the new 24 and 28).

briansquibb

« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2012, 01:47:26 PM »
I'll second unfocused's advice of being supportive of your partner's purchases.  it's got to be a two way street.  if you are buying expensive camera equipment you will never have a grounds to nitpick at her personal purchases.  and yeah, it takes either some very very expensive purses (or a lot of less expensive purses) to add up to a single L lens ... or, apparently these days, a slow non-L prime (yep I'm still bitter on the pricing for the new 24 and 28).

.... in my case it was a new car :D

kubelik

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • a teatray in the sky
« Reply #42 on: February 29, 2012, 01:50:00 PM »

.... in my case it was a new car :D

there's a couple of lenses I'd like to have that, yes, apparently you'd need to buy your spouse a car in order to match ... maybe I should just get out ahead of the curve in that; splurge on a mercedes and you can buy whatever lens you want for a long, long time.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #42 on: February 29, 2012, 01:50:00 PM »

pakosouthpark

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2012, 01:56:38 PM »
GUYS just stay single..! easy.. ;)

te4o

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2012, 02:52:08 PM »
Found on a french forum http://www.eos-numerique.com (from an unknown source called fpy) :

"INVITATION PERSONNELLE ET CONFIDENTIELLE
NE PAS DIFFUSER, NE PAS TRANSMETTRE
A 9h30 vendredi 2 mars"[/]
[/b]

link here : http://www.eos-numerique.com/forums/f11/canon-google-page-ranking-sentera-son-eos-5dmkiii-le-196481-4.html#post1971012279

hey, what happens when your wife finds these French very personal and very confidential invitations in your mailbox? And All In French...
5D3 (04/12), Carl Zeiss ZE 21, 35/1.4, 50MP, 100MP
Canon 135/2, Sigma 85/1.4
SONY RX100

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2012, 02:52:08 PM »