April 28, 2017, 12:46:36 AM

Author Topic: SMF Photo Gallery is HERE!!  (Read 3936 times)

kaihp

• 1D Mark IV
Re: Test of SMF Gallery Add-In
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2017, 04:34:05 PM »
I took the liberty of downloading and flipping kaihp's photo for test purposes.

You're welcome tolusina.

First thing I learned, do not drag and drop a file into the text posting box, just don't.

(snippage)

OK, once an image is posted, Gallery creates a thumbnail that shows in the, in this case, 'Camera Body' Gallery.
Gallery also downsizes to medium while saving the original.
I didn't try other sizes, I used only this one, known to be acceptable to the Gallery software.

I don't see anywhere in Gallery's interface where it enables link creation.

The create the linked thumbnails, I first gathered all the URLs, then pasted the thumbnail's URL between the BB code IMG tag like so without the #s
[#img]#http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/gallery/0/thumb_32506-170217114424.jpeg[#/img]

That line was then highlighted, the link URL added with this post's 'Insert Hyperlink' icon in the editor.

I can't imagine doing this on a phone. Well. I can, but I'd rather not.

Thanks for testing this out and posting the explanation here!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2017, 04:34:05 PM »

tolusina

• Gallery Administrator
  • 5D Mark III
Five Link Types
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2017, 08:21:34 PM »
6D, 40, 50 1.8 II, 50 1.8 STM, 24-105L, 90EX, 2X 600EX-RT, 2X Lightsphere, ST-E3-RT, Kenko DG set, GT2531LVL, Ultimate GP, PRO-100, SPYDERPrint, MG3122, PA242W-BK-SV, Intuos Pro, WIN 10 on hardware with intent, AE-1, D-70, D-80, P30T

Mt Spokane Photography

• Zeiss 50mm F 0.7
WATERMARKS - SMF Gallery Add-In
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2017, 11:46:22 PM »
I've enabled watermarks in the gallery now.  This makes it less desirable for someone to grab your image for their own use, but they can also make images ugly.

I've merely used the CR logo with a site url below it.

I think we could come up with a much less obtrusive one, but I'm testing the capabilities of the software right now.

If someone has a idea for a watermark, send me a .png file, and I'll post some examples.  Don't try to set a transparency level, I'll do that.  I see that it adds some strange looking artifacts in the image.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 11:48:34 PM by Mt Spokane Photography »

Mt Spokane Photography

• Zeiss 50mm F 0.7
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2017, 08:36:48 PM »
The Author of SMF gallery has indicated that he will add a option to post the medium sized image to the forum page.  This means users can see a page filling image, but click a link to see it larger if uploaded at a larger size.

The default maximum file size is 5MB, the CR forum has a 8mb max post size limit, so that is going to limit how large uploaded images can be.  Each user will also have a limit to the amount of storage space on the server is available.  I am not sure what that will be, but it won't be terrabytes :)

Mt Spokane Photography

• Zeiss 50mm F 0.7
SMF Gallery Categories
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2017, 01:52:59 AM »
I've added in a ton of categories, and sub categories, too many, I feel, but its a start.

I'd like to have your input and suggestions for categories where we are likely to have large numbers of images.

Once these are turned on, it may no longer be possible to create your own in the galleries, the Gallery admin(s) will have to add them.

There will be a matching Forum Topic for each category.

canon rumors FORUM

SMF Gallery Categories
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2017, 01:52:59 AM »