March 31, 2015, 03:09:50 AM

Author Topic: NEW ___ Sell Your Gear - Closed  (Read 7050 times)

wsmith96

• Canon 7D MK II
  • Gig 'em
Re: NEW ___ Sell Your Gear - Beta Test
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2014, 10:58:14 AM »
Just a thought, if this goes live, perhaps if there are sufficient posts per week, a split into country / regions might be useful - I may be interested in buying a lens in the UK, but not so one in the US for example

This is a good idea given the geographic diversity of the CR members.
What I do today is important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it.
T1i | 60D | 5D | 10-22 | 17-55 | 24-105L | 50 1.8 | 60 Macro | 85 1.8 | 70-200 2.8 Mk II L | 70-300 IS USM | 430EX II x 2 | ST-E2 | 270EX | 1.4 Extender III

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2014, 10:58:14 AM »

CR Backup Admin

• Administrator
  • 1D Mark IV
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2014, 11:51:58 AM »
Just a thought, if this goes live, perhaps if there are sufficient posts per week, a split into country / regions might be useful - I may be interested in buying a lens in the UK, but not so one in the US for example

At first, members will need to post their location.

tiger82

• Canon 6D
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2014, 01:40:24 PM »
Still recruiting?
1D4 with 70-200 IS f/2.8L, 5D2 with 24-70 f/2.8L

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • It's a PONY!
    • Der Tierfotograf
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2014, 03:24:45 AM »
Only a small handful of users have asked to try out the buy and sell forum, at this point, I'm wondering if the effort already expended was time wasted.

I know the board software is rather limited (but much nice to look at than your standard vbb, btw)... but anyway, here's a wish:

I usually use the "Show unread posts since last visit" option to scan for new threads that could benefit from my wisdom and deep photography insight :->. Currently, this is being spammed by "17-40L" and the like threads that are only "for sale" posts very few people will be interested in.

Could you please:
a) add an option not to let this subforum show up on the  "Show unread posts since last visit" list, or ideally let the users select what subforums they're interested in at all
b) if this is not possible: Add a mandatory prefix "For sale" to posts in this subforum so they are recognizable at first sight.
c) remove this subforum, personally I don't really think its necessary esp. since the CR memebers seem the be spread around the globe and I'm unlikely to buy used gear from another country.

Thanks for considering!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 03:26:36 AM by Marsu42 »

CR Backup Admin

• Administrator
  • 1D Mark IV
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2014, 12:24:15 PM »
Only a small handful of users have asked to try out the buy and sell forum, at this point, I'm wondering if the effort already expended was time wasted.

I know the board software is rather limited (but much nice to look at than your standard vbb, btw)... but anyway, here's a wish:

I usually use the "Show unread posts since last visit" option to scan for new threads that could benefit from my wisdom and deep photography insight :->. Currently, this is being spammed by "17-40L" and the like threads that are only "for sale" posts very few people will be interested in.

Could you please:
a) add an option not to let this subforum show up on the  "Show unread posts since last visit" list, or ideally let the users select what subforums they're interested in at all
b) if this is not possible: Add a mandatory prefix "For sale" to posts in this subforum so they are recognizable at first sight.
c) remove this subforum, personally I don't really think its necessary esp. since the CR memebers seem the be spread around the globe and I'm unlikely to buy used gear from another country.

Thanks for considering!

I did find a feature called "allow Boards to be Ignored".  I turned it on.  You can now check the boards you wish to ignore in your profile.

From the user manual.

"Ignore Boards Options

If enabled by an administrator, users can choose to ignore any boards on the forum. When a board is ignored, it is still shown on the Board Index, but the New Posts icon will not show up for this board. In addition, new posts will not be shown for an ignored board when using the link Show unread posts since last visit. Neither will they be shown when using the link Unread posts next to the category names in the Board Index. However, when using the link Show new replies to your posts, new posts in an ignored board will still be shown. Also, when entering an ignored board via the Board Index, topics that have new posts will still be indicated with an icon.
"

I may have to turn this off if a lot of people use it and it drags the system down.  The processor might have to check that table every time.  We have a lot of members on the board at one time, and around the time of new model announcements, I've seen several thousand.

I'll try to turn off this feature for new users and only have it active for those with X posts.

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • It's a PONY!
    • Der Tierfotograf
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2014, 05:01:09 PM »
I did find a feature called "allow Boards to be Ignored".  I turned it on.  You can now check the boards you wish to ignore in your profile.

Great, that's it, thanks!

Act444

• Canon 6D
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2014, 09:59:42 AM »
There's some stuff I'm looking to part with in the next couple of months or so...looking forward to see whether this pans out or not.

If it's not too late to be part of the test group...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2014, 09:59:42 AM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2014, 11:46:47 AM »
There's some stuff I'm looking to part with in the next couple of months or so...looking forward to see whether this pans out or not.

If it's not too late to be part of the test group...

Did you send a pm as noted in the OP?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2014, 11:46:47 AM »