August 22, 2014, 02:34:16 PM

Author Topic: NO 5dM3 On Friday * CONFIRMED By a canon Rep Today  (Read 31259 times)

ksieb

NO 5dM3 On Friday * CONFIRMED By a canon Rep Today
« on: February 28, 2012, 11:02:09 PM »
 :-\

I work for a big camera shop in Canada and Our rep Canon CONFIRMED to us today that its a rebel series thats is gonna be announce On friday March 2, 2012... probably T4-i

Something else he didnt want to tell me will be announcing in the next 2 month

Sorry For party stoping!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 11:04:48 PM by ksieb »

canon rumors FORUM

NO 5dM3 On Friday * CONFIRMED By a canon Rep Today
« on: February 28, 2012, 11:02:09 PM »

timkbryant

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Re: NO 5dM3 On Friday * CONFIRMED By a canon Rep Today
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 11:07:13 PM »
I'll believe it, one way or another, when I see it.

I work for a big camera shop in Canada and Our rep Canon CONFIRMED to us today that its a rebel series thats is gonna be announce On friday March 2, 2012... probably T4-i

Sorry For party stoping!
Bodies: 5D Mk III; 1000D
Lenses: EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF 70-200 f/2.8 L; EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 IS
Flash: 580 EX II

Nikon

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 11:28:01 PM »
Well may be the rep did not know himself. It is not like you have make big changes the day it is announced so he would have to give you advance notice. It will not ship for a month or so. So there is a chance it can be announced but the rep either did not know or was ordered to not say anything about it. 

You see I still want to believe it will be announced on Friday :)

sama

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 11:51:16 PM »
everything( announce or not ) is just rumour..........so just be patient please

noxious_nasties

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 12:05:42 AM »

Sorry For party stoping!

Unfortunately I have to agree with you. I was speaking to a person who buys lots of gear for university supplies and his word was that it will be the official camera of the olympics - therefore it will not be released for at least a month or two.

I'd love to hear otherwise as this is my ideal camera. CR3 ratings don't tend to be wrong either but hey theres always an occasion.

e040549

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 12:28:23 AM »
There has been alot of silly "she said he said" over this past week. I think most are very disappointed that a site that we all really enjoy (this one) decided to post CR3 on something that was not actually fact. That really irked me to be honest. I don't know if it is brilliant marketing or not, but I've decided to buy the 1DX and just say screw it all. I travel and shoot for fun. I am not a professional, but I like to know that my toys are better than the next guys. Congrats Canon... you got me :-)

RedEye

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 12:37:02 AM »
Even if it is a T4i, it'll be an interesting benchmark for the 5D3.  For instance, if the T4 has 24MP, it's simply inconceviable that the 5D will be 22MP.

Can't say if your rumor is plausable or not, but I hold to my guess that it'll far exceed 22MP. 

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 12:37:02 AM »

AlexBlais

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 12:46:18 AM »
I find it funny that creator of this thread is getting hated on for trying to share information that he believes to be credible and accurate. Isn't that what we whish everyone did when they truly had access to plausible and valuable information? I come on this website for fun, I enjoy the rumors but the more these rumors approach facts the better.

Obviously calling out the source's name wasn't a brilliant move, but cut this guy some slack he's doing what you all whish he did.

On a positive note it really appears an EOS body is coming out, which is very exciting wether it's a 5Diii (fingers crossed!) or t4i.

sanj

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 12:50:00 AM »
Thank you Kesieb for sharing the info with us.
U could be right, you could be wrong. I thank you for being brave enough to share...

I have no knowledge about any announcement but tend to think that 5d3/x will not be announced at least weeks after 1dx hits the market. (I hope I am wrong.)

Regards.

bigblue1ca

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 12:50:53 AM »
I was speaking to a person who buys lots of gear for university supplies and his word was that it will be the official camera of the olympics - therefore it will not be released for at least a month or two.

Is the Canon 1D X not the official Canon of the Olympics?  Or is this just one of those strange marketing angles, whereas a lot of the pros will be using the 1D X, but another camera will be the official camera?

keithfullermusic

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • k2focus.com
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 12:51:53 AM »
I find it funny that creator of this thread is getting hated on for trying to share information that he believes to be credible and accurate. Isn't that what we whish everyone did when they truly had access to plausible and valuable information? I come on this website for fun, I enjoy the rumors but the more these rumors approach facts the better.

Obviously calling out the source's name wasn't a brilliant move, but cut this guy some slack he's doing what you all whish he did.

On a positive note it really appears an EOS body is coming out, which is very exciting wether it's a 5Diii (fingers crossed!) or t4i.

i agree!  he is just sharing info!

definitely not wise to mention his name though.  that is something that you can lose your job over.  you did say that he told you about the 1dx - not something canon wanted people to hear.  you also said he told you about a new rebel being announced - also not something that canon wanted people to know (thats why they have official announcements and events)

Hopefully, he is wrong or you just misheard him.  I want to see that 5d3 just as bad as anyone else.
5Diii - 50D - 100mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.4, 20mm f/2.8, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS, 430 EX II, YN560
---
Pics - http://k2focus.com | Tunes - http://keithfullermusic.com | For Fun - http://thewalkingdeadrumors.com

thatcherk1

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 12:51:58 AM »
There has been alot of silly "she said he said" over this past week. I think most are very disappointed that a site that we all really enjoy (this one) decided to post CR3 on something that was not actually fact. That really irked me to be honest. I don't know if it is brilliant marketing or not, but I've decided to buy the 1DX and just say screw it all. I travel and shoot for fun. I am not a professional, but I like to know that my toys are better than the next guys. Congrats Canon... you got me :-)

You know that at the end of the day, this is a RUMOR site.  The CR3 rating says to "treat the rumor as fact".  It doesn't say "this is a fact, I promise.  I pasted it from Canon's website".  CR has been known to have bad information on CR3 rumors.  Just because we are all excited for our 5Diiis doesn't mean that CR is discredited for having a CR3 rumor wrong.

And to CR's credit I also presume that CR has more info coming in than a comment from one canon rep.  If you emailed CR with the rumor, he would probably rate it as a CR1.  After All, the ratings are based on past credibility.  I presume CR gets these kinds of rumors regularly.  And from his large experience, he sifts through the credible vs. incredible rumors.  And the current rumor (CR3) is rated that because he heard it from someone very reliable from past experience.  I wish CR could divulge who and what circumstances the rumor came from.  Then we could compare with the rumor by the poster of this thread.  But CR doesn't want to throw anyone under the bus like the poor canon rep.

I think it might be a little hasty to just go along with the canon rep's rumor.  And certainly too hasty to discredit CanonRUMORs.com for not being FACTual.

In any case, we'll find out on Friday.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 10:14:13 AM by thatcherk1 »

jrista

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • POTATO
    • View Profile
    • Nature Photography
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 01:08:12 AM »

Sorry For party stoping!

Thanks for the tip. Its intriguing, but in all honesty, hearing that a single canon rep has "confirmed" something holds a lot less weight for me than the filtered, sorted, ranked and validated rumors that CanonRumors.com has access to, and upon which it bases its rumor ratings.

I'm not sure the current CR3 about the 5D III is as accurate as we hoped after the date change (although the specs stayed the same, so I'm hopeful), I figure its more along the lines of a CR2.7 now...but I'd take a CR3 rumor from CanonRumors with more weight than an off-the-cuff rumor from Steven in Canada.

Hate to say it, but here is to hoping **** is wrong, and CanonRumors is right...and the long-awaited 5D Mark III finally gets announced on Friday!!!
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 06:51:46 AM by Canon Rumors »
My Photography
Current Gear: Canon 5D III | Canon 7D | Canon EF 600mm f/4 L IS II | EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS | EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L | EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro | 50mm f/1.4
New Gear List: SBIG STT-8300M | Canon EF 300mm f/2.8 L II

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 01:08:12 AM »

takoman46

« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 01:10:34 AM »
It may be true that a 5D3 is getting announced friday... It may also be true that a 5D3 is not getting announced friday and a T4i is getting announced instead... If the latter rumor is so credible, then why hasn't the CR3 on the 5D3 announcement for March 2 been updated? I'm sure that if the T4i was getting announced instead of the 5D3, then more people would have heard about it and therefore more credible sources would have come forward with the same information right? Just saying...  ;)

ramon123

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 01:55:32 AM »

I trust CR when he gives a CR3 more than your supposed "rep". So as of now, we're with you CRguy!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 01:55:32 AM »