September 02, 2014, 12:56:56 PM

Author Topic: NO 5dM3 On Friday * CONFIRMED By a canon Rep Today  (Read 31326 times)

biggles_no1

Re: NO 5dM3 On Friday * CONFIRMED By a canon Rep Today
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 02:07:34 AM »
Well if Canon don't announce a new 5D on Friday then I am going to sell all my Canon Rumors T- shirts & baseball caps and Switch to Nikon Rumors instead ;-)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 02:07:34 AM »

AlexBlais

« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2012, 02:14:18 AM »
I find it funny that creator of this thread is getting hated on for trying to share information that he believes to be credible and accurate. Isn't that what we whish everyone did when they truly had access to plausible and valuable information? I come on this website for fun, I enjoy the rumors but the more these rumors approach facts the better.

Obviously calling out the source's name wasn't a brilliant move, but cut this guy some slack he's doing what you all whish he did.

On a positive note it really appears an EOS body is coming out, which is very exciting wether it's a 5Diii (fingers crossed!) or t4i.

I trust CR when he gives a CR3 more than your supposed "rep". So as of now, we're with you CRguy!

Not to sure why you are quoting me here but in all cases if you're suggesting that the original poster should have remained silent about what he's heard then I don't understand the purpose of this website.

I nor has anyone said the information he posted is more valuable than what CR is posting, its just one more rumor that can help you forge your individual opinion.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 02:21:39 AM by AlexBlais »

yunusoglu

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 02:46:46 AM »
:-\

I work for a big camera shop in Canada and Our rep Canon CONFIRMED to us today that its a rebel series thats is gonna be announce On friday March 2, 2012... probably T4-i

Something else he didnt want to tell me will be announcing in the next 2 month

Sorry For party stoping!

Somehow, I believe you!

jrista

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • POTATO
    • View Profile
    • Nature Photography
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2012, 02:49:29 AM »
Not to sure why you are quoting me here but in all cases if you're suggesting that the original poster should have remained silent about what he's heard then I don't understand the purpose of this website.

I nor has anyone said the information he posted is more valuable than what CR is posting, its just one more rumor that can help you forge your individual opinion.

I think the use of the word "CONFIRMED" in nice big type, and associating that big word with "canon rep", has given people the idea that its kind of "the word of god" and indeed more valuable than what CR is posting. At least, thats how it came off to me. I would imagine CR has a fair number of Canon Reps as sources of information, and the CR3 rating for the 5D III release this Friday has not changed. I'm less confident of it being a true CR3 after the date change, but I think most people trust CR more than random rumors like this one that claim superiority with big "CONFIRMATIONS" spoken by supposed canon reps. Its all well and good to speculate, but you can't expect this to be taken with more weight than what CR itself has to offer...
My Photography
Current Gear: Canon 5D III | Canon 7D | Canon EF 600mm f/4 L IS II | EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS | EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L | EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro | 50mm f/1.4
New Gear List: SBIG STT-8300M | Canon EF 300mm f/2.8 L II

nicku

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2012, 02:59:25 AM »
If there is no 5D3 announcement on 2rd of march... than maybe will be a 7Dmk2  :D.

Judging by the new photos of the new 5D series, its called Mark lll .... so..... the 5D series IS NOT combined with 7D in a 5DX. Soon enough we will hear about the 7D replacement. In my opinion in the next 2 months (the Olimpics are getting closer and closer)

ThuiQuaDayNe

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2012, 03:01:05 AM »
hum.. it is looking more like a 1200D (t4) announcement this Friday with 16 MP and Digic 5 (detuned)....  ;D

AUGS

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2012, 03:01:50 AM »
I've read a few posts noting multiple bodies this year. So, what if the 5D3 (if that is what the OP specifically asked about) is the monster megapixel camera?  A lot of people seem to think that spec camera will be due later in the year - and that was then honestly confirmed by the Canon Rep.
And that could mean the spec and rumour we currently have (02 Mar 2012, 22MP, 61pt pro-like AF, $3500, etc) could be the elusive/evasive 3D or 5DX???  May explain product placement too after merging the 1D line.
Maybe I'm dreaming and delirious from following all these threads the last few days & nights.  Is it Friday yet......?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 03:04:29 AM by AUGS »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2012, 03:01:50 AM »

ramon123

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2012, 03:03:04 AM »
5D Mark III on FRIDAY 2nd March 2012.

I'm with CR on this one.

Angryoak

« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2012, 03:06:51 AM »
I rang up my local, and I said I was interested in an unofficial pre-order of the 5d111:), girl said they were very excited as the Cannon rep was in and was walking out as I was speaking to her. I asked if she could find out about any lens bundles that may be available? She said that she would find out for me & shoot me an email.

An email came which said "It has not been announced"

She was covering her butt, Friday will see the 5Dmk111

ramon123

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2012, 03:14:03 AM »
I rang up my local, and I said I was interested in an unofficial pre-order of the 5d111:), girl said they were very excited as the Cannon rep was in and was walking out as I was speaking to her. I asked if she could find out about any lens bundles that may be available? She said that she would find out for me & shoot me an email.

How does that encounter on the phone with that sales lady confirm/translate into a March 2nd announcement?

KWSW

« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2012, 03:18:21 AM »
guess my credit card will be safe this friday...

Angryoak

« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2012, 03:18:51 AM »

How does that encounter on the phone with that sales lady confirm/translate into a March 2nd announcement?

deeeerrrrrrrrrr (me of course) We chatted about 2nd being the date.

tt

« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2012, 03:30:57 AM »
If its not being announced how does the OP figure will happen with  the end of the NDAs being on 2nd March as far as we know?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2012, 03:30:57 AM »

Brian Daniel Hansen

« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2012, 03:37:20 AM »
guess my credit card will be safe this friday...

I hear that. The only plus side to a typical no 5Diii Friday... Though again there's still some hope, no matter how small.

traveller

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2012, 03:55:45 AM »
If the OP thought that his information was credible, then he is right to post it (although I agree that he should have protected his source).  I've no idea how senior his rep is, but we've heard all this before in the run up to the 1D X announcement.  Plenty of CR's followers were asking their pro-reps about the 1D X and were told that it wasn't appearing on the date that Craig's source(s) stated.  They were either wrong, or under instruction to obfuscate. 

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2012, 03:55:45 AM »