May 26, 2018, 06:25:18 AM

Author Topic: I love my 5D3, but...where is that 5DX?  (Read 2540 times)

MARKOE PHOTOE

• EOS M5
  • Photography is a love affair with life.
    • http://www.markoe.smugmug.com
I love my 5D3, but...where is that 5DX?
« on: May 14, 2012, 12:44:14 AM »
I love my new 5D3 and its ISO performance improvements and speed from the previous 5D2, however, I was really excited when 'rumors' about the possible '5DX'  being a FF 30-40MP camera were flying around.  Any other shooters have new information on this pipe dream other than what has been posted previously in this forum?
A few cameras (Canon, Fuji & Sony) and lenses and a lot of creative energy and imagination.
"You never learn anything until you mess it up."

canon rumors FORUM

I love my 5D3, but...where is that 5DX?
« on: May 14, 2012, 12:44:14 AM »

PhilDrinkwater

Re: I love my 5D3, but...where is that 5DX?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 04:26:39 AM »
If they did, they wouldn't be allowed to say due to nda's.

I do wonder whether it might be put back. I don't know if canon can keep everyone who wants "more sensor" happy with the current dr. If they haven't got something in the background they've been working on for a while, I think they should wait and satisfy people that they can do it, because right now a lot of people are concerned that they can't.

kraats

• EOS Rebel SL2
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 07:32:19 AM »
why do you need 30-40 MP?

MARKOE PHOTOE

• EOS M5
  • Photography is a love affair with life.
    • http://www.markoe.smugmug.com
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 10:21:23 AM »
Because my wife sez I need it....HA! wouldn't that be a dream?  Nothing says 'wow' like a large 60 x 40 print that allows you to feel like you're there in the moment.  You need crisp, sharp details with a full dynamic range to sell that feeling.  This is hard to get with some sensors and while the 5D3 is the best I've had and some prints at 40 x 30 look great, I still would like to see how a better sensor could accomplish my goals.  There is always medium format, but with my current investment in Canon glass, it wouldn't make sense to jump ship now.
Additionally, there are software plug-ins that will 'blow-up' images to the desired size, but I've yet to use one I really like.
Anyone else use image upscaling software that provides the best results?
A few cameras (Canon, Fuji & Sony) and lenses and a lot of creative energy and imagination.
"You never learn anything until you mess it up."

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 10:21:23 AM »