December 21, 2014, 04:11:34 PM

Author Topic: Canon 7Dmk2 any rumors??  (Read 94608 times)

RC

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
Re: Canon 7D Mark II specs wishlist.
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2012, 02:05:35 PM »
I think this is being reasonable:
- New sensor with improved low and high ISO (clean ISO 1600)!!
- Dual Digic 5
- Same build, maybe a little better weather seal
- Improved DR
- Maybe a few more AF points (all cross)
- Same screen (resolution & aspect ratio) as 5D3
- No flip-out screen
- Multiple micro adjust settings per lens (does 5D3 have this?)
- Price inside 2K US dollars

Would be nice but don't see it happening:
- Radio controlled flash
- User replaceable focusing screens

Not sure if I'll upgrade my 7D to a 7DII, most likely I'll add a FF body.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2012, 02:05:35 PM »

shtfmeister

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2012, 02:50:30 PM »
- Dual Digic 5
- Improved DR
- No flip-out screen

- Radio controlled flash

this but...
dual digic 5+
and remove the flash and replace it with GPS sensor, I mean this camera is geared at action and wildlife (not that it is not capable of doing other things)
also usb 3.0 or eithernet port
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 04:12:32 PM by shtfmeister »

eos650

« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2012, 02:51:01 PM »
When I got my 60D, I hated the locking dial. It seemed like an added inconvenience, having to press the button while turning the dial. I couldn't imagine how someone would accidentally bump and turn the dial, then I got a 5D Mark II. On several occasions, I have bumped the dial on the 5D and had it turn. In fact, I can't believe how many times this has happened.

My USB port went out on the 5D about a month ago and I'm needing to send it in for service. I'm thinking that I will have a locking dial installed at the same time.

Thanks RC for the link.

Other thoughts: Since Canon has recognized that this is an issue, I would think they would have started including it on newer 7D's and 5D Mark II's, but obviously not. That's too bad as I am seriously considering the addition of a 7D and would love to have it included.

What I would like to see most on the 7D Mark II, 7X, 70D, or whatever would be an announcement with pricing and availability. ;)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 02:54:46 PM by eos650 »

nesarajah

« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2012, 05:00:19 PM »
i don't think the 7D is replaceable at the time being. its the cornerstone piece of canon marketing . the 1dx and 5dmk3 seem to fill in the space that the 7D created. I think the 7D is that camera that was meant for the high end enthusiast but not not pros. explains the price . anything below the 7D is for amateurs , anything above is for pros.

RC

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2012, 09:16:45 PM »
- Dual Digic 5
- Improved DR
- No flip-out screen

- Radio controlled flash

this but...
dual digic 5+
and remove the flash and replace it with GPS sensor, I mean this camera is geared at action and wildlife (not that it is not capable of doing other things)

Hmm, the more I think about it I agree with you.  Giving up the pop up flash makes the camera more rugged and sturdy and replacing it with GPS would be a great trade off.  Just got back from HI taking some remote location shots with my little S100 and I really liked pulling up a map to see the exact point where I shot--very, very cool.

Good point on the USB 3.0, if anything could benefit from 3.0, its transferring all those large RAW images.

D_Rochat

« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2012, 09:44:30 PM »
- Dual Digic 5
- Improved DR
- No flip-out screen

- Radio controlled flash

this but...
dual digic 5+

Hmm, the more I think about it I agree with you.  Giving up the pop up flash makes the camera more rugged and sturdy and replacing it with GPS would be a great trade off.  Just got back from HI taking some remote location shots with my little S100 and I really liked pulling up a map to see the exact point where I shot--very, very cool.

Good point on the USB 3.0, if anything could benefit from 3.0, its transferring all those large RAW images.

Someone in another thread explained why we probably won't see built in GPS and it made sense. It had something to do with being in areas that don't allow you to carry GPS which would leave you S.O.L. if it was built in. If you were to get GPS in a body anyways, you can bet your a** that you'd pay for it. Lately we've seen how the CR masses react to paying for features....

unfocused

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Unfocused: A photo website
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2012, 11:17:27 PM »
Fairly consistent with others.

18-21 mp aps-c sensor. (I'll be happy if it stays at 18, but I don't want to go backward.)

I'm expecting sensor performance very similar to the 1D IV but in a APS-C sensor. (5D II would be better, but trying to be conservative)  Similar noise, similar ISO performance, similar dynamic range. That's reasonable given that it will have been almost three years since the 1D IV was released by the time Photokina rolls around.

I would like to see autofocus similar to the 1D IV as well, but would be content with something between the 7D and the 1D IV.

I'd rather they leave the swivel screen to the 70D, but if it can be made without compromising the body, I can live with it. (I never use live view anyway). I wouldn't be bothered if they also give the 70D a higher density sensor (24 mp, for example). They've set a precedent with the 5D III having higher resolution than the 1D X, so it's very possible they could up the density of the 70D sensor and leave it alone or increase by a single megapixel for the 7D.

I don't really care about most of the bells and whistles, although one feature I would love Canon to incorporate is the "sweep" panorama feature that Fuji has put into the X10.

I do hope they fix the two major design flaws with the popup flash: it overheats very rapidly and then shuts down, making the infrared trigger useless when trying to shoot several shots in rapid succession. They also need to fix the flimsy contacts on the popup, which are easily bent by an auxiliary strobe or trigger, causing the popup to lock down. (both are known issues that really need fixing).

I do think we could very well see a 7D X that has the same basic guts as the 7D II, but in a gripped, one-piece highly weatherproof body – a reasonable replacement for the 1D IV but with a 1.6 crop.

I could see the 7DII selling for $1,800 or so and the 7D X going for $2,600 or even a little higher depending on how rugged they make it.
pictures sharp. life not so much. www.unfocusedmg.com

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2012, 11:17:27 PM »

nicku

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2012, 01:05:16 AM »
i don't think the 7D is replaceable at the time being. its the cornerstone piece of canon marketing . the 1dx and 5dmk3 seem to fill in the space that the 7D created. I think the 7D is that camera that was meant for the high end enthusiast but not not pros. explains the price . anything below the 7D is for amateurs , anything above is for pros.

First of all Canon is running a business and 7D was, is and will be one of the best selling body ( like 5D2 or even better).
   The key feature of the 7D series is his crop frame sensor ( EXTRA REACH) in a pro lvl body.

Today Canon don't have any more an APS-H sensor. In my opinion there are two possibilities:

1. push a little more up in class the 7D2, and fit it with a APS-H sensor;  and extra features  for the 70D to compensate today 7D

2. Keep the APS-C sensor in 7D2 , improve the noise and the others features.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 01:20:23 AM by nicku »

D_Rochat

« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2012, 01:27:33 AM »

First of all Canon is running a business and 7D was, is and will be one of the best selling body ( like 5D2 or even better).
   The key feature of the 7D series is his crop frame sensor ( EXTRA REACH) in a pro lvl body.

Today Canon don't have any more an APS-H sensor. In my opinion there are two possibilities:

1. push a little more up in class the 7D2, and fit it with a APS-H sensor;  and extra features  for the 70D to compensate today 7D

2. Keep the APS-C sensor in 7D2 , improve the noise and the others features.

I keep hearing this and would like to know where this is coming from. I've looked and I consistently find sales in this order. Rebel, 60D, 5D II and then 7D. 

candyman

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2012, 01:36:46 AM »
My wishlist:

- 22 Megapixels
- APS-C CMOS sensor with improved low and high ISO (clean ISO 3200)!!
- Dual Digic 5+
- 45-point TTL CMOS sensor (39 cross-type for F2.8 or faster lenses)
- 10 fps and carbon shutter (200.000 actuations)
- Four levels of High ISO NR
- 1.0x magnification and 100% coverage viewfinder
- 3.2-type, approx.1.04m dot (3:2 wide) Clear View LCD II
- iFCL metering with 63-zone dual-layer sensor
- Same build, slightly improved weather sealing
- Dual Card (SD and CF)
- USB 3

No flip-out screen!

(the 70D with 19 AF-points and Canon 1D Mark IV off the market)

nicku

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2012, 01:46:36 AM »
My wishlist:

- 22 Megapixels
- APS-C CMOS sensor with improved low and high ISO (clean ISO 3200)!!
- Dual Digic 5+
- 45-point TTL CMOS sensor (39 cross-type for F2.8 or faster lenses)
- 10 fps and carbon shutter (200.000 actuations)
- Four levels of High ISO NR
- 1.0x magnification and 100% coverage viewfinder
- 3.2-type, approx.1.04m dot (3:2 wide) Clear View LCD II
- iFCL metering with 63-zone dual-layer sensor
- Same build, slightly improved weather sealing
- Dual Card (SD and CF)
- USB 3

No flip-out screen!

(the 70D with 19 AF-points and Canon 1D Mark IV off the market)

Those specs rise the price around $3000 at least.... I'm sure canon wants to kep the price at $2000 or under.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 01:48:18 AM by nicku »

candyman

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2012, 02:29:20 AM »
You are right. It is moving the 7D in the position of the 1D MK IV
But, if they move the 70D up as well, the new price of the 7D MKII might be justified

nicku

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2012, 02:47:22 AM »
But, if they move the 70D up as well, the new price of the 7D MKII might be justified

to move the 7D2 in the 1D4 place ( a crop sensor nature and sports pro camera for those who don't afford a 1DX) they need to come out with a much more improved sensor.

I am sore the 7D line will move more and more towards sports and wildlife .
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 02:51:53 AM by nicku »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2012, 02:47:22 AM »

candyman

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2012, 03:25:49 AM »

to move the 7D2 in the 1D4 place ( a crop sensor nature and sports pro camera for those who don't afford a 1DX) they need to come out with a much more improved sensor.

I am sore the 7D line will move more and more towards sports and wildlife .

Well, if they release the 7D MK II with those specs in 2013 (3 years after the Canon 1D MK IV) and a price lower than the Canon 1D MK IV with slight improvement (like digic 5+ and 22 MP), they might get away with it.

Also I believe the 7D MK II will be THE wildlife camera
and affordable sports camera (this with less IQ as 1DX)

EDIT: about f/8 AF
they should include the f/8 AF in 1D X and exclude the f/8 AF in the 7D MKII. To me that makes more sense.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 09:16:16 AM by candyman »

AprilForever

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • AprilForever.com
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2012, 11:58:48 AM »
7D MK II Wishlist:

24 MP APS-C

61 pt AF (running down from the 1Dx)

Command dial lock

2x Digic 5+