November 28, 2014, 08:36:29 AM

Author Topic: Canon 7Dmk2 any rumors??  (Read 93560 times)

smirkypants

Re: Canon 7Dmk2 any rumors??
« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2012, 06:37:48 AM »
I have found the 1d4 a little limited with the 16mp against the 5d/1ds3 21mp.

Personally I think that the more mp the better providing the DR and noise isn't compromised. I dont even care how Canon does it - the only important thing is that the sensor delivers.
I have consistently found for the photography that I do, that on sunny days my 7D with 1.6 crop & 18MP produces better results than the 1D4 with a 1.3 crop and 16MP.

There's no reason why Canon can't put out a great crop sensor. According to dxomark.com the second best overal dynamic range score is achieved by the lowly D7000 and its crop sensor, which can be had for just over $1000. The 7D is 46th. It also beats the 5D2 (and kills the 7D) in overall image quality. It takes great pictures and it's a crop.

The 7D2 should be a fantastic camera.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2012, 06:37:48 AM »

AprilForever

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • AprilForever.com
« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2012, 10:30:27 AM »
Just to really drive the point home (and no doubt gather up some more bad Karma from the Flat Earthers who persist with this unsupportable belief...)

What's the russian website link?
What is truth?

briansquibb

« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2012, 04:47:07 AM »
Who cares? HTe 7D mk ii will cost a whole lot, way too much imao, and not deliver a whole lot more than the underpowered original.

mmmmm - had a go at the 5DII in another thread saying 7D was as good as

this thread having a go at the 7d

You must be a troll

briansquibb

« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2012, 04:54:52 AM »
Who cares? HTe 7D mk ii will cost a whole lot, way too much imao, and not deliver a whole lot more than the underpowered original.

You must be a troll

So you think calling me a trol;l is goind to solve your problems? Insulting another forum member is nver the way to go! That is a mena thing to do to another person cbecaise it can hut hteir feelings!

:o :o :o

takoman46

« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2012, 05:36:30 AM »

You must be a troll

So you think calling me a trol;l is goind to solve your problems? Insulting another forum member is nver the way to go! That is a mena thing to do to another person cbecaise it can hut hteir feelings!

Idont eve know what your weird faces mean. They dont cummunicate wto me. But I am actually trying to make a poitn: this is what the 5 D people are sayong all the time about the u7D. And it is just as ridiulous as you said it was. The 7D  is probably the best camera in canon's lineup in son many wayts that it is crazy that people think the 5d is so much better.

Ardea, calm down lol. Does it offend you that the 7D is subpar to the 5DmkII? It shouldn't offend you at all because after all... the 5D line is higher than the 7D line. So it makes perfect sense for Canon to pack more punch into the 5D lien than the 7D line. ;) For the record, your claim that "the 7D is probably the best camera in canon's lineup" is quite ridiculous. If the 7D were hands down the best camera, then why would people buy the 5D and 1D cameras? Also, why would I have bought and used both the 5DmkII and 7D and conclude that the 5DmkII produces much better results than the 7D? My opinion is not biased so chill out. You sound like you have a lot of pride in your 7D and I agree it is a nice camera in its own right but is not better than the higher FF models for obvious reasons.  :)

funkboy

• Canon 6D
  • 6D & a bunch of crazy primes
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2012, 05:54:17 AM »
...and yet another thread starts out interesting & descends into useless drivel after the first few pages...

unfocused

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Unfocused: A photo website
« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2012, 10:12:33 AM »
...and yet another thread starts out interesting & descends into useless drivel after the first few pages...

So true...so so very very true.
pictures sharp. life not so much. www.unfocusedmg.com

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2012, 10:12:33 AM »

AprilForever

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • AprilForever.com
« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2012, 04:36:23 PM »

So true...so so very very true.

This happens on every thing. Even on facebook; it seems I cannot post something but that within about five posts someone completely derails the discussion, usually a family member who grew up before the internet and has no concept of the rules and ettiquette thereof.
What is truth?

stilscream

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2012, 04:54:45 PM »

You must be a troll

Idont eve know what your weird faces mean. They dont cummunicate wto me. But I am actually trying to make a poitn: this is what the 5 D people are sayong all the time about the u7D. And it is just as ridiulous as you said it was. The 7D  is probably the best camera in canon's lineup in son many wayts that it is crazy that people think the 5d is so much better.

Ardea, the faces of puzzlment are probably because from the various typos in all your posts make it look like you were typing with your penis instead of your fingers.
7d, 5d mk iii, 1d4, 1dx, 35mm f1.4L, 70-200mm IS ii USM, 300mm f4 IS USM, 600mm f4l is USM, 400mm f2.8l is usm, 14mm tamron f2.8, 17-40mm f4L, 24-70 f2.8L USM, 85f1.2L USM, 100mm f2.8 macro

nicku

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2012, 05:45:20 PM »
ok , let's go back to the original topic.

5D3 solid and authentic rumors started to came out about 3-4 months before the actual release date. Not even a CR1 regarding 7D replacement.... so, judging by this pattern 7Dmk2 will be released no earlyer than Photokina or winter 2012/2013.

My guess regarding Canon on Photokina:

releases:

- 7Dmk2
- a megapixels monster DSLR
- a 4k DSLR
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 05:48:18 PM by nicku »

briansquibb

« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2012, 05:48:48 PM »

5D3 solid and authentic rumors started to came out about 3-4 months before the actual release date. Not even a CR1 regarding 7D replacement.... so, judging by this pattern 7Dmk2 will be released no earlyer than Photokina or winter 2012/2013.

I hope they stick to 18mp and concentrate on IQ, DR and noise and upgrade the AF/metering to more pro standards

David KM

« Reply #131 on: March 14, 2012, 06:00:05 PM »

I hope they stick to 18mp and concentrate on IQ, DR and noise and upgrade the AF/metering to more pro standards

+1 to that !!!! I love my 7D more than the mkII but I'm not blind to the poor noise. 18mp is perfect for me.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 06:02:28 PM by David KM »

weixing

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2012, 02:49:07 AM »
Hi,
   7D2 is actually very easy to design... just get the 5D3, replace the FF sensor with a 18MP - 22MP crop sensor and increase to 8fps! That's it and I'm prepare to upgrade from my 60D...  ;D

Have a nice day.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2012, 02:49:07 AM »

kdsand

• Canon 70D
  • Newt II a human stampede
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2012, 01:37:41 PM »

You must be a troll

Ardea, the faces of puzzlment are probably because from the various typos in all your posts make it look like you were typing with your penis instead of your fingers.

Ha ha ha ha ha!
Lol!
60D, t2i, Magic Lantern, Manfrotto, Joby, Domke, SanDisk and excetera excetera

NoWii

« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2012, 01:47:45 PM »
Isn't there enough of a fight between canon and nikon users? Why do you have to argue between canon models?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2012, 01:47:45 PM »