July 28, 2014, 12:31:17 PM

Author Topic: *UPDATE* Here's an Invite for March 2, 2012  (Read 33653 times)

Positron

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: Here's an Invite for March 2, 2012
« Reply #45 on: February 29, 2012, 09:51:53 AM »
this invite looks kind of lack luster compared to the invite for other recent invites

I actually have to agree with this. It seems rather... non-thematic for a release as monumental as the 5D Mark III.

I mean, I still believe that CR is correct, since he has access to enough information that he's usually right, but why such a tame theme for the release of the update to their most successful product ever?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: February 29, 2012, 09:51:53 AM »

noodle

« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2012, 09:52:01 AM »
If thats a Muffin - then we all know what the Mfn button does!

Why didnt Canon think outside the box and use some hot Italian model on the invite?!

bcs its a landascape camera

Beleive me Italy has some of the nicest 'scenery' you could wish for - as for mountains  ;D -  they have the Alps

Drama79

« Reply #47 on: February 29, 2012, 09:52:34 AM »
I am surprised this thread is only three pages long so far...this is so exciting! So by my math I will have to be up at 1:30 am, as i am on MST.  I don't think it will be a problem as I will not be able to sleep anyway!! ;D

You don't have to be. I'm sure the information will still be there when you wake up. And they won't have run out of web pages, or internet before then. It is, after all, just a camera announcement. /perspective

Not that I won't be pre-ordering immediately, mind you.

benprasetyatan

« Reply #48 on: February 29, 2012, 09:54:58 AM »
I live in Shanghai. I saw a Canon Stage on Shanghai Tourist Street prepared for March 2nd Event. Here's some photos from a Chinese Forum http://dcclub.pchome.net/thread-6635483-2-1.html
From what i saw. There's a lot more of big IXUS sign than the Jackie Chan with EOS logo. Let's see what will happen on that day. Gonna be there and do some coverage.

SomeGuyInNewJersey

« Reply #49 on: February 29, 2012, 09:59:44 AM »
Try writing "Canon EOS 5D Mark III" in Google translate, and then translate from Italian to English (see attached file).

Spooky ;)

Oh no... the sensor really is the same again and the extra autofocus points are just fake dots in the viewfinder!

SomeGuyInNewJersey

« Reply #50 on: February 29, 2012, 10:06:18 AM »
As for the time of 9:30 Italian...

I'm hoping that they will have already announced in Japan earlier on... I'd like to see whats what before I got to bed on the 1st March (East Coast US) than wake up to it on Friday morning and have all the preorders already done. With the D800e I was still awake when it announced and regret not pressing the preorder button on Amazon when it appeared... I still wouldnt have the camera and I would still likely cancel order before it shipped but it would be nice to have the option (yes I am a freak arent I)

Actually I wonder if Amazon will put up a preorder page for it...

On Amazon the D800 and D800e have a special box that comes up above the searches when you search for D800e that takes you to a page with the two cameras on, those 2 pages dont have preorder buttons any more... they diappeared after a few hours but the pages are still there and searchable...

When you search for the 1dx on amazon you dont get anything... hopefully the 5d3 wont be the same...

hummingbird

« Reply #51 on: February 29, 2012, 10:07:50 AM »
I am surprised this thread is only three pages long so far...this is so exciting! So by my math I will have to be up at 1:30 am, as i am on MST.  I don't think it will be a problem as I will not be able to sleep anyway!! ;D

You don't have to be. I'm sure the information will still be there when you wake up. And they won't have run out of web pages, or internet before then. It is, after all, just a camera announcement. /perspective

Not that I won't be pre-ordering immediately, mind you.

true...but I just know that I will not be able to sleep wondering about the announcement-will you?  The anticipation for this camera has been building for so long I can't stand it! So, I will be here...reading and waiting ::)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #51 on: February 29, 2012, 10:07:50 AM »

AlicoatePhotography

« Reply #52 on: February 29, 2012, 10:16:46 AM »
So, if the new 5D is able to make coffee, does that mean it is dishwasher safe?  Did they finally make it weather resistant?  It has the side benefit of more easily getting past our wives as a coffee maker than another darn camera.

Can't wait.

Grum

« Reply #53 on: February 29, 2012, 10:17:58 AM »
I live in Shanghai. I saw a Canon Stage on Shanghai Tourist Street prepared for March 2nd Event. Here's some photos from a Chinese Forum http://dcclub.pchome.net/thread-6635483-2-1.html
From what i saw. There's a lot more of big IXUS sign than the Jackie Chan with EOS logo. Let's see what will happen on that day. Gonna be there and do some coverage.

That looks like a pretty big event - interesting.....

iFugl

« Reply #54 on: February 29, 2012, 10:19:11 AM »
Canon will be holding a photo event in Norway as well:

http://www.canon.no/Images/Seminar_tcm85-908269.pdf

Mr.Magic

• Power Shot G16
  • 5DmkIII baby!
    • View Profile
    • Photography Dennis Hens
« Reply #55 on: February 29, 2012, 10:22:17 AM »

Do you mean that at this moment, there are a lot more IXUS signs visible at this location??

That would be 100% logical: imagine using 5DmkIII posters/signs on this location, they would just 'give' us the announcement already then  ;D
5DIII | 24-70mm f2.8 L USM | 70-200 f4 L IS USM | 580EXII | 50mm f1.8

Joellll

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 29, 2012, 10:22:55 AM »
I like how the CR guy is doubted the whole morning saying that he's going to lose a lot of credit if this doesn't happen.

I mean come on, he nailed the 1DX. I respect him and his credibility. (:

Rule 32 has once proven its importance to the human race.

SomeGuyInNewJersey

« Reply #57 on: February 29, 2012, 10:23:38 AM »

From the pics I saw on that site there are a lot of banners up for lots of different Canon gear.

Lots of IXUS signs is a concern but they are possibly only putting up the other stuff at the moment so as to keep the announced stuff still under wraps... I mean itd be kind of a giveaway if the put the 5d3 banners up 2 days before the announcement wouldnt it.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #57 on: February 29, 2012, 10:23:38 AM »

Spasm

« Reply #58 on: February 29, 2012, 10:25:55 AM »
Going by the cities CR has confirmed, and assuming all the events start at 9:30am local time, Shanghai will be the first event which in EST is Thursday night March 1st at 8:30pm.

Excite get!

phischeye

« Reply #59 on: February 29, 2012, 10:27:55 AM »
An invite with a muffin? That'll work so well with my Lens Mug

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #59 on: February 29, 2012, 10:27:55 AM »