July 29, 2014, 11:14:35 AM

Author Topic: How many of you actually have money to buy the new 5D Mark III?  (Read 18564 times)

CowGummy

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
    • www.smrphotoart.com
Re: How many of you actually have money to buy the new 5D Mark III?
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 05:46:46 PM »
haHA! What a show off.

It's only money. Show us a nice pic you took instead.

Dario.

I agree.
If you (the OP) are happy waltzing in here all big-man-about-town, go on: Show us the goods. Let's see your portfolio then.
5DmkII   |  50 f/1.4  |  24-105L f/4  |  135L f/2  |  70-200L f/2.8 IS II  |  430exII

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 05:46:46 PM »

awinphoto

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • AW Photography
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2012, 05:56:00 PM »
Judging soley on the OP's initial post, should we assume he isn't married?  Shoot, with me, I shoot professionally, can write off all purchases on taxes, and can get the money for the camera in about a months time if needed, and I STILL have to explain to my wife/CEO that I need a new camera, even though my 5d2 is only 4 months old haha.  That being said, when I liquidate my 5d2, I could make up the difference easily in 1 month and plan on getting mine asap as soon as retailers start getting steady shipments and I wont be without a second body too long.

Well said, good sir!  He must not be married ;)  I too write everything off, and if I had purchased the markII (which I am glad I waited to do) my husband would probably be saying no way, which would be totally reasonable.  We all have to compromise for the sake of our significant others.  That being said, yeah for mastercard! ;D

Why thank you.   ;)
Canon 5d III, Canon 24-105L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-200 F4L, Canon 100L 2.8, 430EX 2's and a lot of bumps along the road to get to where I am.

29cfrun

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 06:00:37 PM »
Love when people post pics of caches of money that were found by our troops in Iraq. Ya and a yellow Ferrari? Why would you do that to such a beautiful machine? So cheesy.  Don’t worry it’s a Ferrari, you will get attention.  Stick with black, red or white.

zhap03

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2012, 06:02:33 PM »
Hahaha... why can't people just laugh and have fun with the OP?  Some people have lots of money, some have little, some are in between.  Who cares?!  Just laugh and roll with it... I'm sure that's what the OP meant to start.  If not, that's funny too!!

fifthblade

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2012, 06:10:25 PM »
WOW-YOU ARE A MASSIVE TWAT.

Thanks for saying what I suspect most of us were thinking.

D_Rochat

« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2012, 06:13:12 PM »
yep... hemp plants in the OP photo.  The funny thing is that in about 10 years of inflation, the photo will be even less impressive. 

What an affronting goof... really...show what really matters... your car  HAHAHAH!

What is it about owning an expensive vehicle that makes people forget how to park?  ;D

« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 06:16:53 PM by D_Rochat »

gmrza

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2012, 06:15:07 PM »
Judging soley on the OP's initial post, should we assume he isn't married?  Shoot, with me, I shoot professionally, can write off all purchases on taxes, and can get the money for the camera in about a months time if needed, and I STILL have to explain to my wife/CEO that I need a new camera, even though my 5d2 is only 4 months old haha.  That being said, when I liquidate my 5d2, I could make up the difference easily in 1 month and plan on getting mine asap as soon as retailers start getting steady shipments and I wont be without a second body too long.

Well said, good sir!  He must not be married ;)  I too write everything off, and if I had purchased the markII (which I am glad I waited to do) my husband would probably be saying no way, which would be totally reasonable.  We all have to compromise for the sake of our significant others.  That being said, yeah for mastercard! ;D

*grin* last night my wife stated that she wants two, because if it has decent AF she won't need to buy a 1DX.  As bastard CFO from hell, I had to point out that maybe she should start with one... once the street price has started to drop below RRP.  As long as I provide the interface between her and her accountant, she needs to listen. *grin*
Zeiss Ikon Contax II, Sonnar 50mm f/2, Sonnar 135mm f/4

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2012, 06:15:07 PM »

vuilang

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2012, 06:16:48 PM »
A Bank Statement is KING.

distant.star

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Tracy's Shooting Gallery
Walter: Were you listening to The Dude's story? Donny: I was bowling. Walter: So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

awinphoto

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • AW Photography
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2012, 06:27:03 PM »

DARN RIGHT ahaha
Canon 5d III, Canon 24-105L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-200 F4L, Canon 100L 2.8, 430EX 2's and a lot of bumps along the road to get to where I am.

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2012, 06:31:09 PM »

DARN RIGHT ahaha

Bank statements show debt too,

but as they say if you owe the bank a million $ you have a problem but if you owe a bank a trillion $ they have the problem
APS-H Fanboy

EIREHotspur

« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2012, 06:35:58 PM »
I have the money for 2.

I have waited a very long time for this camera and it is going to be used for both Photography and Video.
The 70-200L IS II is also on the list.

traveller

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2012, 06:55:13 PM »
Ya and a yellow Ferrari? Why would you do that to such a beautiful machine? So cheesy.  Don’t worry it’s a Ferrari, you will get attention.  Stick with black, red or white.

Ferrari is red, people who have bought other colours have missed the point.  That said, I wouldn't say no to a free yelllow one; I'd just have to shell out for a respray!

P.S. I had to zoom in to 100% to see how much money the OP actually had; why do US bank notes all look the same? Surely a country as rich as the USA can afford colour printing? The US dollar looks like a third world currency!  :)
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 07:00:15 PM by traveller »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2012, 06:55:13 PM »

HurtinMinorKey

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • carolineculler.com
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2012, 07:02:15 PM »
My wife is the real Photog, so if I get her the new 5d mkIII, then i get her old mkII. 

jalbfb

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2012, 07:10:28 PM »

How much do you think I can get for my car so I can maybe get a 5DIII?
Happy owner of the 5D Mark III, 24-105 f/4L and other L lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2012, 07:10:28 PM »