September 24, 2014, 12:55:02 AM

Author Topic: So, what about the T4i?  (Read 22313 times)

moreorless

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
Re: So, what about the T4i?
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2012, 11:46:33 PM »
I'm waiting for 650D too.

One question about XXXD line. If it is a line for photographers-beginners (or amateurs with little money), then why they should require so many megapixles?
Aren't megapixels for studio (or landscape) photographers, who can shoot REALLY well and make money on this?
What is the profit of 18 mp if a person can't shoot well?

I wouldnt say owning a xxxD means someone "can't shoot well" espeically with something like landscape where lighting and composition are often harder to achieve than sharpness.

I'd say that often amatures may end up using high MP counts more often aswell, published shots in a magazine might not need 18 MP but if your printing A2 to hang some holiday shots on the wall then its obviously a benefit as would 20+ be providing the lenses can live up to it.

Canon have afterall tended to use ISO/AF to differentiate lower from higher end models in the past so I think its possible they'll take the same route on crops and keep the 7D at 18 MP and the xxxD/xxD at 20+ MP.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 11:48:21 PM by moreorless »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2012, 11:46:33 PM »

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2012, 01:45:49 AM »
I am still hoping for an upgrade to the sensor, really hoping for improved ISO and image quality.
Hope dies last - but why would Canon want to do this from a marketing perspective? The commercially sane strategy is to introduce really valuable new features like an upgraded sensor in the top of the line model (7d2 or 70d if there won't be a 7d2) and then trickle the features down as they always did. If you are waiting for "even better iq than the top models for a budged price" you'll wait forever. Imho, the 650d will introduce amateur features like video editing stuff or a touch screen.

sandymandy

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2012, 04:38:47 AM »
Im waiting for the 650D too but im afraid they will announce upgrades for the other cameras first. It really doesnt make sense to release a 650D soon with Digic 5, better AF Points and so on. It would put a bad impression on the more pricy models e.g. 7D. The only good thing is that i can save more money til its finally released ;)

And i really hope it doesnt have 24MP! We need Image Quality not more and more pixels :(
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 04:40:28 AM by sandymandy »

nentraC

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2012, 09:37:25 AM »
What upgrade dos the T4i need to compet whit the Sony A65? The T3i was the top dog in the entry level DSLR group so what dos the T4i need to diferentiate it self?

00Q

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2012, 11:11:45 AM »
Way too many xxxDs out there. I want to see a xxDD :) 50DD

nicku

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2012, 12:27:19 PM »
Way too many xxxDs out there. I want to see a xxDD :) 50DD

There are not too many xxxD's out there.... in my opinion 1100D (the cheapest one) have the best IQ from all the APS-C sesnor bodyes that Canon have today.

crasher7

« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2012, 04:37:30 PM »
Guess the breast humor was lost on you, well,  it wasn't exactly executed properly anyway. But seriously folks here's the hierarchy I'd like to see.

1D Series
5D and 7D series (yes, equals with different uses)
70D, perhaps the 60 D with a body material and sealing upgrade OR a Digic upgrade. I would say either a D-5+ or a Dual Digic 5 standard. I don't see the AF getting a bump yet. You just can't bridge the xxD series too close to the 7D, it creates an unnecessary niche between enthusiast and semi-pro that got Canon into this mess of too many models to begin with.
T line, perhaps 2 models, one with an articulated screen and one without. The whole 'i' or not nomenclature is ri'cock'ulous.

Is there really a market still for the xxxxD line?

Flame on, I'm wrong almost everyday at least once, ask my wife.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2012, 04:37:30 PM »

vaust

« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2012, 12:04:24 PM »
I guess, for beginners like me xxxxD like is worth considering. Price is definitely not much from the high end pocket cameras. But am jumping straight to T4i... so I hope it comes sooner before my summer holidays.

JurijTurnsek

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2012, 12:56:35 PM »
beginners are better of buying something used - lots of photographers like to upgrade a lot in the beginning and there's lots of sellers.

mrdiger

« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2012, 02:08:44 PM »
so I hope it comes sooner before my summer holidays.

I hope that too, cause the T4i will drop the prize from the T3i (600d) on the T2i level of today.

Leadfingers

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2012, 02:29:12 PM »
What upgrade dos the T4i need to compet whit the Sony A65? The T3i was the top dog in the entry level DSLR group so what dos the T4i need to diferentiate it self?

Video with autofocus...faster video framerates

Stuff like that would allow for more differentiation in the product line.
~ I look around me.  I describe what I see.
~~ Daria

Terry Rogers

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2012, 03:33:44 PM »
My guess would be a major multi camera release in close proximity to each other. A t4i, 70D and 7D ii all using the same sensor (18 - 20mp with 1-2 stop better iso and hopefully better DR). By using the same sensor a la t3i, 60D and 7D, Canon could reduce costs by taking advantage of economies of scale and less R&D.

The differentiators would be body build, weather sealing, fps, auto-focus etc. Rebel line would remain fairly basic in those departments as it already is. 70D would bring back mag alloy body and micro adjustment (I've seen too many people moan about those two missing features for them not to bring it back to that line) and the full features already in the 7D for the 7Dii with added tweaks here and there. Digic 5 for all.

The rebel line would probably get video auto focus but not the others (maybe 70D). I suspect they wouldn't include it in a pro level body like 7D ii because it would probably be somewhat sketchy like the nikon implementations. It would be a good selling point for first time DSLR buyers but not as much for more advanced shooters.

The 70D and 7Dii will probably get an audio out port. I doubt any would get USB3.

Only time will tell if I should post my resume to Canon and become their head honcho in product developement.
Rebel T3i,  EF-S 17-55 f2.8 IS, 430 EX II

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2012, 03:33:44 PM »