October 31, 2014, 08:26:08 AM

Author Topic: What is the new 5d3 Groundbreaking Feature that will shake the industry?  (Read 21040 times)

Mark D5 TEAM II

• 1D X
  • Proud N0ink 0wnz0r / crApple iFruitcake H4t3r
    • View Profile
It will finally have a Direct Print button on the vertical grip, plus the new RATE button works both before *AND* after the shot. Pre-RATE the picture you are about to take with 5 stars and the resulting image after you release the shutter would be a triple-guaranteed Pulitzer-Prize winner.
Nikon NSF16 5-Leaf Dual-Blade Industrial Fan ¦ Nikon NTMFI-H1 Dry Heavy Flat Iron ¦ Nikon Tough Mama NTMRC1-2S Rice Cooker “Limited Edition” ¦ Nikon Tough Mama NTMJK18-S Stainless Electric Kettle Plate Type ¦ Nikon NHT 2-in-1 Curling Iron & Straightener in One ¦ Nikon N4004s Decision Master System™

canon rumors FORUM

btaylor

The direct print button can be set to upload pictures directly to 4chan in a motivational poster format.

tasteofjace

RAW HD Video is a big one! Huzzah!

AprilForever

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • AprilForever.com
Were I to go FF, I would get either the 5D mk II or the D800... this here one seems to offer not a whole lot extra...
What is truth?

EchoLocation

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
Were I to go FF, I would get either the 5D mk II or the D800... this here one seems to offer not a whole lot extra...
Specs wise, the new 5D might not seem to offer a whole lot more extra than the 5DII, but should fix any supposed shortcomings of the II seemingly make this the perfect "all around" camera(where the 5DII) was more of a portrait/wedding camera.
Canon EOS-M, 22mm f2, 11-22mm f4-5.6
Canon 550D, Sigma 50mm f1.4
Nikon D700, Nikon 24-70mm f2.8, Tamron 17-35mm f2.8-4

DBCdp

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
I think tasteofjace hit it, RAW video! And several options as well as the .264 container we're already used to. Looks good to me, now if they get the price right we're in biz! ;D

peterpaul

I would have expected that the new camera would offer greater MP to match up with the Nikon. I was expecting that through an increase in MP I would afford to have larger improved prints which i can hang around in my exhibitions.... I guess this was a setback when even Fuji are generating raw files over 4m in length as far as image size is concerned

canon rumors FORUM

peterpaul

I would have expected that the new camera will have its raw file image size improved. This will leave me where I am witrh the DII when it comes to printing as opposed to the new Nikon...

PhotoCat

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
How about face detection inside viewfinder? Perfect focus, exposure & composition the 1st time,
regardless of background brightness  :P

Autocall

New generation Eye-controlled Autofocus
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 11:24:01 AM by Autocall »

AdamJ

Whether the specs are correct or not, I'm fairly sure the spec list hasn't been copied and pasted directly from anything Canon has drafted. The list doesn't follow the same format as Canon's published specs for other SLRs.

Track40

I'll take full-time autofocus during video capture.

Would also love:
- Grid display and image capture while zoomed in 5x & 10x
- LIVE audio meters on the display during video capture
- multiple HDR modes
- built-in wireless
- built-in gps

JavaBean

This is what phototips predicted and why, in his word, it would be industry changing. I don't think he said ground breaking. although it might be if true considering no one else would have it.

There is not mention of this in the spec sheet, however, and the OP says it appears at this stage that he ended up being wrong.

Although why is it $500 more than a D800??? I am confused.... I don't think we know everything yet...

http://www.phototips.biz/2012/02/5d3-secret-prediction-spoiler-alert.html

canon rumors FORUM

Canihaspicture

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile

Although why is it $500 more than a D800??? I am confused.... I don't think we know everything yet...

http://www.phototips.biz/2012/02/5d3-secret-prediction-spoiler-alert.html

I hope you are right, otherwise several years wait for a 5D MK III will celebrate with a "meh..."

TCull

Built in radio remote compatibility with the new Speedlight 600EX ... that would be amazing. Accompanied by receivers which transmit TTL information to current and past speedlights..

One can dream right? 

canon rumors FORUM