September 02, 2014, 03:33:21 PM

Author Topic: What is the new 5d3 Groundbreaking Feature that will shake the industry?  (Read 20790 times)

JavaBean

It was a reasoned and well thought out conclusion based on facts. But it looks like the conclusion was still wrong.

canon rumors FORUM

3dit0r

I'm hoping the features lists are either wrong or very incomplete as there is a disturbing lack of references to any major inprovements in video functionality- a huge market for this camera. Stills-wise there wasn't much wrong with the mkii.

wockawocka

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • Wedding Photography
4 stops in camera IS
1DX, 5D3 and Hasselblad H Series owner.

RedEye

I'm hoping the features lists are either wrong or very incomplete as there is a disturbing lack of references to any major inprovements in video functionality- a huge market for this camera. Stills-wise there wasn't much wrong with the mkii.

Agreed!

pedro

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
The rumored body only price tag?  8)
30D, EF-S 10-22/ 5DIII, 16-35 F/2.8 L USM II, 28 F/2.8, 50 F/1.4, 85 F/1.8, 70-200 F/2.8 classic,
join me at http://www.flickr.com/groups/insane_isos/

simonxu11

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
AF when shoot video

AJ

• 7D
    • View Profile
The combination of top-notch image quality, top-notch autofocus, and prosumer pricetag.

canon rumors FORUM

eeek

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
My guess is that it shoots out bees.

Cinnamon

I'll take full-time autofocus during video capture.

I would like full-time autofocus during video capture, too. While the contrast detection autofocus during Live View/Video Capture isn't as fast or accurate as phase AF it could be, it is a really convenient feature that doesn't get enough credit. People dismiss it by often saying that (1) the autofocus noises that are picked up during recording are annoying, (2) it's slow and inaccurate, and (3) real videographers use manual focus.

I think that if you're using an external mic, or if you're going to cut out the audio anyway, the first point is moot. While I agree the continuous AF during video is at times slow or inaccurate, the option to have autofocus is convenient - you could always manually focus, but having the option of autofocus helps out a ton in some situations. Even though most videographers manually focus I think that by having a convenient feature like continuous AF during videos, Canon can not only sell more cameras to a wider segment of consumers, but that even professionals could rely on continuous AF at times when manually focusing is difficult. While one who is serious about DSLR videography ultimately invests in a shoulter rig, follow-focus, etc, not having to manually focus during video could conceivably allow people to hold the camera steadier in situations where they don't have those accessories.

Ignatius

I don't want to use a depth of field calculator, so a ray of light showing the near and the far limit of the depth of field would be appreciated.
In case of hyperfocal, the near limit would be enough.

Spoiler
5d4 should include a paralyzing ray, in order to stop any movement when the shutter is pressed.

EYEONE

• 6D
    • View Profile
Perhaps pixel binning.
Canon 5D Mark III w/BG-E11, Canon 7D w/BG-E7: EF 24-70mm f.2.8L, EF 70-200mm f2.8L IS II, EF 40mm f2.8 Pancake STM, Speedlite 430EXII + 430EXI, Canon EOS 3

Emeyerphoto

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
    • Erik Meyer Photography

Although why is it $500 more than a D800??? I am confused.... I don't think we know everything yet...

http://www.phototips.biz/2012/02/5d3-secret-prediction-spoiler-alert.html

I hope you are right, otherwise several years wait for a 5D MK III will celebrate with a "meh..."

We must take in account that is the "kit" price with the $2500 24-70 f/2.8L lens.  Considering that the kit price for a current 5d Mk2 with a 24-105 f/4 is approx $800 more, we have to figure they aren't going to sell a $2500 lens for a mere $800.  I am going to guess a MSRP of $2500 that leaves the kit at $3500 with the 24-70.

I hope I am right on this, but who knows, we shall see soon.

Thank you,
5d Mk2, Canon 40d (backup), 24-70 f/2.8L, 70-200 f/4L

jcns

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
pop out jackhammer.

canon rumors FORUM

Bruce Photography

• EOS M2
  • Landscapes, 5DX,7D,60D,EOSM,D800/E,D810,D7100
    • View Profile
Does anyone hear anything about when they "say" they can deliver?  I still remember last summer with the 500 and 600 mark II.  We are still waiting....

waveland

The combination of top-notch image quality, top-notch autofocus, and prosumer pricetag.

Agree. This would really be a groundbreaking and innovative feature, who needs more mega pixels etc. anyways?

canon rumors FORUM