December 20, 2014, 08:36:03 PM

Author Topic: 5D Mark III Full Spec List?  (Read 70662 times)

dafrank

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • davidfranklinphoto.com
Re: 5D Mark III Full Spec List?
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2012, 09:10:10 AM »
Whoa whoa whoa... let's slow down.

But if most of it's there, that brings about some interesting questions. I'm looking at the file formats section. No mention of a JPEG format. Is that a typo or are they talking video formats? If that's the case, is there a RAW video format?

I'm not sure of the accuracy of any of this, but, since all the other formats posted are video formats, and "raw" is listed with them, then it is only logical to assume that the 5DIII does indeed output raw video, which would, in fact, be revolutionary at this price point. This all assumes that my assumptions and the specs for format on this site are correct, but I can't imagine why my assumptions, at least, would prove incorrect in this case; were the formats listed in CR's specs for still imagery, or still imagery only, they would have included mention of Tiffs, Jpegs and some variation of "CR" raw. That these were not mentioned certainly leads me to conclude that the mentioned raw format is, indeed, for video. Perhaps we should be getting ready for an interesting new version of DPP and some pretty long conversion times for long video clips.
Outcomes are more important than intentions.
See my work at: http://www.davidfranklinphoto.com

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2012, 09:10:10 AM »

Frank209

« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2012, 09:11:00 AM »
Will the new 5dmk3 be able to record more than 12min?

Probably not, has something to do with a weird european tax thingy and laws that state that a videocamera starts from 12 minutes continuous recording.

Grum

« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2012, 09:12:10 AM »
So if the native ISO is 2 stops higher then the D800s, what do we think this means in practice?
really? what do you think it means? we can take cleaner pictures is lower light.

I'd guess he means what do you think it will mean to ISO performance at the settings the D800 and the 5D mk3 will share.

How on earth can anyone tell this from a spec list? It could mean that  the 5D MkIII sensor is  two whole stops more sensitive than the D800, or it could just be marketing blah blah.  The proof of the pudding is in the eating and I think that we'll have to wait a few more weeks/months yet for the side by side comparisons, my guess is that you may get an extra stop.

Well obviously I was looking for idle speculation, like your guess of one stop. I wasn't expecting a definitive answer, just some educated guesses. Sorry.

lonelywhitelights

• Rebel SL1
  • Adam Cross
    • View Profile
    • adamcrossstills.com
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2012, 09:12:41 AM »
awesome awesome awesome

but mainly awesome because once this is out the 5DII will come down even more in price (hopefully) this will be the kick in the ass that my "move to fullframe" needs
UK-based Film and Television Stills Photographer

astrocrab

« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2012, 09:13:05 AM »
no eye control?? i will cry  :'(

stefsan

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • flickr
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2012, 09:23:15 AM »
Dear Canon,

Thank you so much. If this spec list turns out to be true it leaves me wanting nothing else in my next camera. All I basically wanted was the 5DII with a better AF system. And you delivered more than I could have expected with the 61 point. A new sensor is great and hopefully contains some 1Dx technology. I'm also pleased with 6fps.

Nothing to complain about.

+1

…and if the image quality turns out to be as good as they promise («Unsurpassed Image Quality»), I really need to rob a bank  ;D
EOS 7D; EOS 40D; EF 70-200 f4 L; EF 70-300 L; EF 100 f2.8; EF-S 15-85; EF-S 10-22 |
http://www.flickr.com/photos/stefsan/

Himanshu

« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2012, 09:26:04 AM »
All right people. I really need an honest opinion here. I was shooting Nikon D5100 up till now and was hoping to upgrade to full frame by the end of this year.
To begin with, I had both the D800 and the 5D Mark 3 on my wish list. I mean I really don't have a huge investment in terms of the lenses, and I'll always get some return when I sell of my present gear (In case I decide to go with canon).
I need opinion on this because if I do go with canon on the mark 3, then i'll also get L lenses, and the investment then is going to be substantial. So its going to be a long term commitment. And the tech guide on the D800 kinda scared me a bit with all the chatter involving image blur with the slightest movement because of the "high resolution". And I'm also not sure about its iso performance in comparison to the D700.
Suggestions please guys..?? What would be a better camera for me. I mean we cant really say much until both the cameras are out and have been thoroughly reviewed. But going by the spec list...?? Which way should I go..??

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2012, 09:26:04 AM »

colin1984

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2012, 09:31:37 AM »
All right people. I really need an honest opinion here. I was shooting Nikon D5100 up till now and was hoping to upgrade to full frame by the end of this year.
To begin with, I had both the D800 and the 5D Mark 3 on my wish list. I mean I really don't have a huge investment in terms of the lenses, and I'll always get some return when I sell of my present gear (In case I decide to go with canon).
I need opinion on this because if I do go with canon on the mark 3, then i'll also get L lenses, and the investment then is going to be substantial. So its going to be a long term commitment. And the tech guide on the D800 kinda scared me a bit with all the chatter involving image blur with the slightest movement because of the "high resolution". And I'm also not sure about its iso performance in comparison to the D700.
Suggestions please guys..?? What would be a better camera for me. I mean we cant really say much until both the cameras are out and have been thoroughly reviewed. But going by the spec list...?? Which way should I go..??

I think at the moment you can´t really chosse a way becaus techs specs doesn´t really show how the Camera perfom in various Situations, Also i don´t think that a nikon will get image blur because the resolution (my opinion here is that has something to do with the shutter speed), I can also say may 400D makes sharper pics as my 7D because she has less Pixels,

As far as i can say in my opinion i´ll take the 5dIII but I´m a Canon ONLY User i photographed with nikon as well because i worked in a Electronial Market, and i don´t want Nikon, but as I said CANON ONLY USER
EOS 7D
EF 24-70 2,8
EX 270

jalbfb

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2012, 09:32:26 AM »
Well, you ARE asking this question on a Canon site so you can expect a lot of votes for Canon.  When I was deciding which brand to go with (I had had a Nikon film camera and lenses in the distant past) I ultimately decided on Canon because of its lenses.  Since gong Canon I have not been disappointed.  Plus a significant factor for me, believe it or not, was the menu system, which I find easier to navigate through than Nikon's and especially the three custom setting dials.  Now that it appears that the Mark III will have the multiple exposure capability that higher end Nikon's have makes the choice of Canon even stronger IMHO
Happy owner of the 5D Mark III, 24-105 f/4L and other L lenses

tjc320

« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2012, 09:35:12 AM »
Where did this spec list come from? Why is there a question mark but everyone is treating it as fact? Did I miss something?

dswatson83

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2012, 09:37:25 AM »

tobiah

« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2012, 09:40:47 AM »
Will the new 5dmk3 be able to record more than 12min?

Probably not, has something to do with a weird european tax thingy and laws that state that a videocamera starts from 12 minutes continuous recording.

its a 30 minute limit...

Chewy734

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2012, 09:44:41 AM »
Where is a good place (that provides fast S&H and good customer service) to order this beast when it's released?  B&H? Adorama? Amazon?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2012, 09:44:41 AM »

colin1984

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2012, 09:47:36 AM »
Happens this only to me or is this thread very busy,

I tried several times to come back in this thread or other threads
EOS 7D
EF 24-70 2,8
EX 270

Chewy734

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2012, 09:51:46 AM »
Happens this only to me or is this thread very busy,

I tried several times to come back in this thread or other threads

It's happening to me too.  The site is getting hammered.  Just keep hitting reload.    ;)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2012, 09:51:46 AM »