November 27, 2014, 03:47:39 AM

Poll

For those who are originally planning to get 1D X, what do you think about the rumored (but highly likely now) 5D Mark III?

1. Stick with pre-order of 1D X (paid professional *needs* full specs of 1D X)
10 (10.3%)
2. Stick with plan to get 1D X (unpaid hobbyist *wants* full specs of 1D X)
11 (11.3%)
3. Change to pre-order (maybe 2 given the price diff) 5D Mark III (paid professional *wants* full specs of 1D X but *needs* lower specs of 5D3)
11 (11.3%)
4. Change plan to get 5D Mark III (unpaid hobbyist *wants* full specs of 1D X but *accepts* lower specs of 5D3)
21 (21.6%)
5. Pre-order both 1D X and 5D Mark III (paid professional *needs* both 1D X and 5D3)
7 (7.2%)
6. Plan to get both 1D X and 5D Mark III (unpaid hobbyist *wants* both 1D X and 5D3)
3 (3.1%)
7. Plan to order after both are reviewed by experts
34 (35.1%)

Total Members Voted: 94

Author Topic: POLL: Potential 1D X buyers - still 1D X or 5D Mark III now?  (Read 10711 times)

Isurus

  • PowerShot G1 X II
  • ***
  • Posts: 71
    • View Profile
Re: POLL: Potential 1D X buyers - still 1D X or 5D Mark III now?
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2012, 08:11:39 AM »
I haven't had this much indecision in a gear purchase ever.  I'm considering four options right now:

  • Purchase the 1D X
  • Purchase the 5D MIII, as well as the grip and new flash system
  • Purchase the 5D MIII, as well as the grip and a new lens
  • Purchase the 5D MIII and the ID MIV (more pricey in total, but an interesting option none-the-less)

I'm leaning towards on of the 5D MIII options, simply because there are some other things I'd like to get as well as I could use my 1D X fund to fund those purchases.  While I could, I'm not terribly interested in dropping 10K+ right now.  The only things I'd really miss are the flash sync speed and moveable spot metering.  I figure if it drives me nuts, I'll just flip the camera and buy the 1D X after all.

Edit - you'd think an Actuary could count...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 01:31:21 PM by Isurus »

canon rumors FORUM

Re: POLL: Potential 1D X buyers - still 1D X or 5D Mark III now?
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2012, 08:11:39 AM »

Archangel72

  • Canon AE-1
  • ***
  • Posts: 79
  • Amateur on horizon!!! Brace yourselves for impact!
    • View Profile
    • Dreamstime
Re: POLL: Potential 1D X buyers - still 1D X or 5D Mark III now?
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2012, 08:17:19 AM »
Actually, I'm from Croatia, but I will buy my entire equipment in that shop, cause, prices are fair.
I already bought my Gitzo (tripod) there, and the rest of my future equipment just awaits arrival of 1Dx  ;D
Can't wait to start "shooting" with it.
Canon, have mercy...  :P
Canon EOS 1Dx, 16-35 f2.8 L II, 70-200 f2.8 L II, Extender EF 2x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT, Gitzo 3541L, Ballhead 3780QR, B&W S03 F-PRO Serie E 77mm & 82mm circular polarizer, SANDISK EXTREME PRO 16 GBx2, RODE stereo microphone, TC-80N3 timer cable remote control, Manfrotto PRO VII LINO collection

willrobb

  • Guest
Re: POLL: Potential 1D X buyers - still 1D X or 5D Mark III now?
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2012, 08:20:56 AM »
I have two healthy 5DmkII bodies now which are fulfilling my requirements. One body is more than 2 years old, one only 3 months old. If/when the older one starts to be unreliable I'll get a 1DX or 5D3 depending on how work is going, then when the other 5DmkII needs retiring I'll get the other. Hopefully it won't be in the next year, will give time for plenty of reviews to come out hopefully a price drop  :)

dwischnewski

  • Guest
Re: POLL: Potential 1D X buyers - still 1D X or 5D Mark III now?
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2012, 09:16:19 AM »
I was thinking of getting the 1DX if, and only if, the 5DIII would feature a MP count in the regions of the D800. I was really scared that this could happen.

Since the 5DIII features a moderate 22 MP, a probably great AF system, and uses the same batteries as my 5DII and 7D, I ordered it within an hour of learning its specs.

For the 7D, I have a buyer already. It was the backup body to my 5DII and a shutter count of a little over 31K and is in pretty much prestine order. It will leave me on the 21st of March, hoping to put my fingers on the 5DII the next day :)

canon rumors FORUM

Re: POLL: Potential 1D X buyers - still 1D X or 5D Mark III now?
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2012, 09:16:19 AM »