June 22, 2018, 01:27:27 PM

Author Topic: 5DIII pre-order thread  (Read 235475 times)

avbmenon

Re: 5DIII pre-order thread
« Reply #615 on: March 23, 2012, 06:37:43 PM »
I just finally got the 5d mark iii body today. It feels surreal especially since I am upgrading from 500d. I think my 3 years of yearning finally paid off :P

Just for everyone's info, I had ordered at BH on 6th March, did not make it to first batch, cancelled the pre-order and then ordered from a local online store to get it this morning. Wishing everyone here in this thread "HAPPY CLICKING".

I dont think I will be checking back on this thread, thanks everyone for your suggestions that got the body quicker to me.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #615 on: March 23, 2012, 06:37:43 PM »

XanuFoto

« Reply #616 on: March 24, 2012, 12:15:27 AM »
Sadly for me Puralator just picked my package from B&H. I was ready to go yesterday. I could have had it today if they picked it yesterday. Well, atleast I will get it on monday.

unkbob

• EOS Rebel T7i
« Reply #617 on: March 24, 2012, 02:39:35 AM »
I just finally got the 5d mark iii body today. It feels surreal especially since I am upgrading from 500d. I think my 3 years of yearning finally paid off :P

Just for everyone's info, I had ordered at BH on 6th March, did not make it to first batch, cancelled the pre-order and then ordered from a local online store to get it this morning. Wishing everyone here in this thread "HAPPY CLICKING".

I dont think I will be checking back on this thread, thanks everyone for your suggestions that got the body quicker to me.

Oh no, you got a purple one! Send it back :P

thure1982

« Reply #618 on: March 24, 2012, 03:33:22 AM »
I just grabbed mine from the UPS truck, haven't had a chance to open it yet though.

LOL! But you have time to log on to the forum and write about it =)

unkbob

• EOS Rebel T7i
« Reply #619 on: March 24, 2012, 03:37:05 AM »
I just grabbed mine from the UPS truck, haven't had a chance to open it yet though.

I've had mine for a few days now and I'm ashamed to admit I haven't switched it on.

thure1982

« Reply #620 on: March 24, 2012, 03:40:13 AM »
I've had mine for a few days now and I'm ashamed to admit I haven't switched it on.

Send it to me and I'll hit the switch for you!

unkbob

• EOS Rebel T7i
« Reply #621 on: March 24, 2012, 11:01:43 AM »

Send it to me and I'll hit the switch for you!

Where's the on button? They moved it!

I did play with a 5D3 at Focus on Imaging recently, and TBH I hate not having the camera set up for my preferences and not knowing where the hell all the options are. So I'm going to be a bit OCD and read the manual first so when I do take it out I can shoot and not fiddle with menus etc. But that's just me, I'm weird like that :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #621 on: March 24, 2012, 11:01:43 AM »

prayharder

« Reply #622 on: March 24, 2012, 11:10:18 AM »

Yep, that's what happens when you meet then UPS truck and have to drive back home, but hit some red lights and have a phone that can connect to the Internet.

creativeoutletimages

« Reply #623 on: March 24, 2012, 03:34:42 PM »
Has anyone actually received their camera from B&H yet?  I ordered just minutes after the announcement.  I've received a tracking number and my card has been billed but my status for the last 2 days has been the following

"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

Print the label, charge my card, and just let it sit there... what gives?  Anyone else see this?

shomat

« Reply #624 on: March 25, 2012, 10:53:14 AM »
"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

Print the label, charge my card, and just let it sit there... what gives?  Anyone else see this?

That's typical of UPS. It might show up at your door, and the tracking system could still be reporting "...shipping label created..." or "... shipping information has been received..."

briami

« Reply #625 on: March 25, 2012, 03:54:09 PM »
I pre-ordered my 5D Mark III kit from Amazon and seem to check their site throughout the day to see if they have shipped it... even though I am confident they will send me an email.  I am so excited!  Hopefully everyone will cancel their pre-orders from Amazon so I can get mine sooner!!!  haha

echojs

« Reply #626 on: March 26, 2012, 11:14:51 AM »
Calumet Photo in Washington D.C. is showing 1 body in stock right now 10am CST but have to order it over the phone.  I have to get mine online so I have to pass.  It might actually be called Penn Camera there.

Jacky Canon

« Reply #627 on: March 26, 2012, 11:17:23 AM »
The Imaging World has the 5d III in stock http://www.theimagingworld.com/search.asp?Keyword=Canon+5d+iii&x=0&y=0

you may contact them at 1800.617.9347

i got mine from them.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #627 on: March 26, 2012, 11:17:23 AM »

jbgreig

« Reply #628 on: March 26, 2012, 11:31:53 AM »
I pre-ordered my 5D Mark III kit from Amazon and seem to check their site throughout the day to see if they have shipped it... even though I am confident they will send me an email.  I am so excited!  Hopefully everyone will cancel their pre-orders from Amazon so I can get mine sooner!!!  haha

After going through this myself, mine is out for delivery this morning.  Got the email Saturday, with expected delivery today, Monday.  Now I just wish it would hurry up.

Good luck!

dabocx

« Reply #629 on: March 26, 2012, 11:56:47 AM »
Considering i ordered on the 20th looks like ill be waiting for months

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #629 on: March 26, 2012, 11:56:47 AM »