August 28, 2014, 05:28:02 AM

Author Topic: 5DIII pre-order thread  (Read 112316 times)

V8Beast

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Stephen Kim Automotive Photography
Re: 5DIII pre-order thread
« Reply #195 on: March 13, 2012, 01:35:47 PM »
Damnit, B&H, I need an update. WTF?

Jamesy

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 13, 2012, 02:07:48 PM »
I have had BS from a DS CS

What is CS and DS?

Seamus

« Reply #197 on: March 13, 2012, 02:30:59 PM »
i've spoken 3 times to B&H in the last few days in which all representatives said the following:

1. we are not receiving the stock on 22 march / we don't know when it's coming but for sure not 22 march
2. we dont have thousands of pre orders

Can anyone please clarify what is really going on here? Eg.

Thanks!

Well, they told me over 2000 pre-orders and that was on the third. IMHO what is going on is badly informed CS
people or CS people who have been told not to promise anything (so as to cover B&H butt). Given that there are very firm reports that the 22nd is the day and that B&H is the biggest Canon retailer in the US, the above seems likely. I probably talked to my CS before management told them to shut up.  Just a guess but seems likely.

As far as how many are in their first shipment, they said at that time that they did not know. Probably true then, maybe true now, who knows but Canon and maybe someone deep in the bowels on B&H purchasing.....

Does anyone know how many Canon are going to be making in both of those factories a month? If I order now, when do you think I could expect to receive from B&H?

If you order now, you will receive it one day sooner than if you order it tomorrow... Maybe ???

kidnaper

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 13, 2012, 03:42:02 PM »
I don't think it has been mentioned as I'm not going to re-read all 15 pages but I have been following this thread for a while... Newegg lists March 31st as the availability for the kit. I ordered body only from Amazon so as much as I'd love to have it around the 22nd, I won't expect it before April.
5DIII 8-200mm minus 35mm in there.

HighDefJunkies

« Reply #199 on: March 13, 2012, 04:08:47 PM »
I don't know about the rest of you, but these Pre-orders threads are killing me. The only TRUE reliable source we have is Amazon and Canon. (Users are actually getting delivery emails with est. delivery times, but the closet one I've seen to the 22nd is April 1st, and Canon's official site shows a est. Shipping date of March 26th.

Lets take a look at what we know or realistically don't know.

1. Someone supposedly called BH and they said absolutely positively they won't have them on the 22nd, and they do NOT have 12000 pre orders.
2. Someone else supposedly spoke with BH and said they were told there are over 10,000 Pre-orders, and the shipment will be delayed by a few days.
3. CanonRumors claims their source says March 22nd and should have plenty in stock.
4. I've called BH and Adorama several times and they would NOT even give me anything to go on.
5. LensRentals shows a date of March 22nd

6. But the BIGGEST source of them all (canonusa.com) shows an estimated shipping date of March 26th, which is in line with what others have said about the actual release date.

http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10051_10051_305370_-1?WT.mc_id=C000000

What does this all mean, besides I'm losing my mind? LOL  It means we have NO hard concrete evidence the release date will be March 22nd. So, until we hear further, I'm going to assume the 26th is the actual date.

I pre-ordered mine from Adorama at 11:37pm on March 1st and because of all of this, like an idiot, I paid the 65.00 to have it shipped overnight. I can only hope and pray I'm in the initial release.

5dmk.iii

« Reply #200 on: March 13, 2012, 04:43:05 PM »
and because of all of this, like an idiot, I paid the 65.00 to have it shipped overnight.

You are not an idiot. You and I are people that  Shareholders can rely on... :P

takoman46

« Reply #201 on: March 13, 2012, 04:58:04 PM »
I don't know about the rest of you, but these Pre-orders threads are killing me. The only TRUE reliable source we have is Amazon and Canon. (Users are actually getting delivery emails with est. delivery times, but the closet one I've seen to the 22nd is April 1st, and Canon's official site shows a est. Shipping date of March 26th.

Lets take a look at what we know or realistically don't know.

1. Someone supposedly called BH and they said absolutely positively they won't have them on the 22nd, and they do NOT have 12000 pre orders.
2. Someone else supposedly spoke with BH and said they were told there are over 10,000 Pre-orders, and the shipment will be delayed by a few days.
3. CanonRumors claims their source says March 22nd and should have plenty in stock.
4. I've called BH and Adorama several times and they would NOT even give me anything to go on.
5. LensRentals shows a date of March 22nd

6. But the BIGGEST source of them all (canonusa.com) shows an estimated shipping date of March 26th, which is in line with what others have said about the actual release date.

http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10051_10051_305370_-1?WT.mc_id=C000000

What does this all mean, besides I'm losing my mind? LOL  It means we have NO hard concrete evidence the release date will be March 22nd. So, until we hear further, I'm going to assume the 26th is the actual date.

I pre-ordered mine from Adorama at 11:37pm on March 1st and because of all of this, like an idiot, I paid the 65.00 to have it shipped overnight. I can only hope and pray I'm in the initial release.

I think it really depends on the customer service rep you spoke to.  I'm sure that some customer service reps will withhold information while others will share.  I'm also certain that some customer service reps may know more information than others.  I really doubt that customer service reps would simply B.S. the customer because they don't know anything. I wouldn't discredit what others are claiming they were told by customer service reps at B&H, Adorama, or Amazon.  We as customers can only regurgitate the information given to us by customer service reps.  In my case since I ordered from B&H, those emails you speak of mean nothing to me because I didn't order from Amazon for example.  When I called B&H yesterday, the customer service rep told me that the the first shipment will be on March 22nd but he did not know how many units they will be receiving from Canon.  Maybe you should try calling Adorama again and speak with a different rep to see what they tell you.

kidnaper

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 13, 2012, 08:58:29 PM »
via the-digital-picture.com

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Shipment Update
Very refreshing news in light of Canon's recent DSLR and lens introductions:

A reliable source tells me that the new Canon EOS 5D Mark III DSLR (both bodies and kits) are in the Canon warehouse waiting to be shipped to retailers perhaps on Friday (3/16). Also, it sounds like the day-1 volume is going to be strong.
Posted to: Canon News
Permalink: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Shipment Update
5DIII 8-200mm minus 35mm in there.

RedEye

« Reply #203 on: March 13, 2012, 11:16:34 PM »
With all the hoopla surrounding the 5DIII, who actually put their money where there mouths are and put in a pre-order? Me  :D

My order went in at 12:10 EST at B&H. Hopefully that was fast enough to get one of the first batches.

One may be inclined to ask, do you wear your wallet on the side of your face, or is your face next to ... oh bad thought.  Yuck!

h4ldol

« Reply #204 on: March 14, 2012, 12:09:47 AM »

A reliable source tells me that the new Canon EOS 5D Mark III DSLR (both bodies and kits) are in the Canon warehouse waiting to be shipped to retailers perhaps on Friday (3/16). Also, it sounds like the day-1 volume is going to be strong.

I like that part especially, since I just cancelled by B&H preorder from the first hour of preorders and placed an order two nights ago at J&R!  It would be amazing to be able to get in on the first round of 5dIII despite a late preorder (in order to save some money).

nighstar

« Reply #205 on: March 14, 2012, 01:38:36 AM »
a local store (CameraPro in Brisbane, Australia) emailed me today inviting me to attend a Hands-on Night for the 5D Mark III this friday. apparently there will be 2 Canon reps and a pre-production model of the Mark III (body only). i'm excited. :D memory cards aren't allowed.

the email also mentioned that they hope to have full production models by next week. their site shows an ETA of March 22nd for shipping of bodies only, late March/early April for the kits. looks like everything is on schedule for the 22nd of March here. :)

edit: just received another email from CameraPro...

We’ve been in regular communication with Canon Australia, and have been recently advised they are due to start shipping in the last week of March, with approximately weekly shipments proceeding this.

YAY for CameraPro and their great customer service and communication. :) glad i didn't order from B&H/Amazon/etc.  :P
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 03:55:24 AM by nighstar »

HighDefJunkies

« Reply #206 on: March 14, 2012, 09:52:19 AM »
and because of all of this, like an idiot, I paid the 65.00 to have it shipped overnight.

You are not an idiot. You and I are people that  Shareholders can rely on... :P

Very true.....Very true.. LOL.

CandiColoredPixels

« Reply #207 on: March 14, 2012, 12:34:10 PM »

I like that part especially, since I just cancelled by B&H preorder from the first hour of preorders and placed an order two nights ago at J&R!  It would be amazing to be able to get in on the first round of 5dIII despite a late preorder (in order to save some money).
Sounds like the info we've received (camera dealer) as well.  We're scheduled to get bodies in 'late this week'.  We've got several already on pre-order...

scruffysaint

« Reply #208 on: March 14, 2012, 01:37:00 PM »
http://www.digitalrev.com/product/canon-eos-5d-mark-iii/MTAwMDQwNQ_A_A

Digitalrev now have stock of the EOS 5D Mk3 and will despatch in 48 hours.

When you get to the checkout it states that delivery will be made between 20-22 Mar.

£2,599 is the cheapest price I've seen here in the U.K.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 01:41:14 PM by scruffysaint »

FocalFury

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 14, 2012, 01:40:27 PM »
http://www.digitalrev.com/product/canon-eos-5d-mark-iii/MTAwMDQwNQ_A_A

Digitalrev now have stock of the EOS 5D Mk3 and will despatch in 48 hours.

The kit version with 24-105 also shows as in stock.