August 01, 2014, 11:31:52 AM

Author Topic: 5DIII pre-order thread  (Read 111249 times)

iso79

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Re: 5DIII pre-order thread
« Reply #240 on: March 16, 2012, 09:43:28 AM »
Anyone hear anything from Amazon?
5D Mark III | 5D Mark II | 17-40mm f/4L | 24-70mm f/2.8L II | 35mm f/1.4L | 85mm f/1.2L II | 135mm f/2L

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #240 on: March 16, 2012, 09:43:28 AM »

tt

« Reply #241 on: March 16, 2012, 09:44:17 AM »
Is it a marketing ploy to get the kits out for a few days earlier than the bodies only?

Wondering how many might consider upgrading from body only to a kit?

SomeGuyInNewJersey

« Reply #242 on: March 16, 2012, 09:56:08 AM »
Is it a marketing ploy to get the kits out for a few days earlier than the bodies only?

Wondering how many might consider upgrading from body only to a kit?

I considered changing to the kit, not because it was coming earlier, because I thought it may make a good walking around lens as when I go FF my current walking around elns becomes too wide.

Anyway, when I asked about changing I found that because the kit is a different product I would go from quite high up the preorder line for the body to bottom of the list for the kit... so I changed my mind!

gametavern

« Reply #243 on: March 16, 2012, 10:28:16 AM »
Adorama guy is still telling me they don't have any in yet and to call back next week to check on status.  He also said the kit version doesn't have very many pre-orders.

sparda79

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • Tingkap Vistaku
« Reply #244 on: March 16, 2012, 10:32:50 AM »
I think someone already got his new toy
5D Mark III
24-105L | 50L | 100L | 70-200L II | 2x III

Kingw

« Reply #245 on: March 16, 2012, 10:33:06 AM »
Just had my 5D III body status changed to shipped so look like they are starting to send them out from DigitalRev, that was ordered on first day they had them on their site.

Can't wait to get my hands on it, it's on 3 day DHL so should be here soon.

You're lucky and ordered from DigitalRev. Which country are you in though? it may take some shipping time for the 5D3 to get to you from HK.

sanj

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 16, 2012, 10:34:25 AM »
Adorama guy is still telling me they don't have any in yet and to call back next week to check on status.  He also said the kit version doesn't have very many pre-orders.

Mistake...! You MAY get the kit faster and even if you get it a few days later, you do not want to miss out on getting a super walk around less at discounted cost....

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #246 on: March 16, 2012, 10:34:25 AM »

jalbfb

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 16, 2012, 10:41:36 AM »
Just had my 5D III body status changed to shipped so look like they are starting to send them out from DigitalRev, that was ordered on first day they had them on their site.

Ditto! Mine shipped, although I think it said ETA 28th March so maybe they shipped mine via tortoise.

I will soon be in desperate need of a 3.2" loupe. I don't think anyone's making them yet :/
I called Hoodman and the CSR told me that the 3" should fit the 3.2in screen. If that helps or even if that is true.  Only was to find out is if someone of us has a loupe and test it out on the 5D3
Happy owner of the 5D Mark III, 24-105 f/4L and other L lenses

nickashley

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 16, 2012, 10:45:46 AM »

You're lucky and ordered from DigitalRev. Which country are you in though? it may take some shipping time for the 5D3 to get to you from HK.

I'm in UK, it usually doesn't take long about 3 days to ship stuff from them to me, they take care of tax so doesn't get stuck in customs.

Its best price for someone in UK as I got it for £2499 and from any where in UK its £3000. They give you a full uk warranty so easy £500 saved.

Although order from them now and price has gone up bit, they have a fair bit of stock as new orders deliver on  21 Mar 2012 - 23 Mar 2012, guess the benefit of them being so close to Japan.

unkbob

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 16, 2012, 11:05:12 AM »

Ditto! Mine shipped, although I think it said ETA 28th March so maybe they shipped mine via tortoise.

I will soon be in desperate need of a 3.2" loupe. I don't think anyone's making them yet :/
I called Hoodman and the CSR told me that the 3" should fit the 3.2in screen. If that helps or even if that is true.  Only was to find out is if someone of us has a loupe and test it out on the 5D3

The dimensions of the 5D3 screen are 1.78" by 2.66" (unless my maths is wrong, which is quite possible!!) - so if anyone can check their loupes that would be very handy. My GGS loupe is not wide enough - I suspect most / all other 3" 4:3 loupes will be the same.

acoll123

• EOS M2
  • /
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 16, 2012, 12:18:29 PM »
Just sold my 5DII and BG-E6 so . . . Just pre-ordered new stuff from B&H.

Compared prices for body, BG-E11 grip and extra LP-E6 battery.
B&H and Adorama are exactly the same. Amazon was also the same for body and battery except the BG-E11 was USD490. While it was only USD349.99 at B&H and Adorama.

I know I am probably waaaaay down the pre-order list. I wonder when I can expect my stuff?

tt

« Reply #251 on: March 16, 2012, 12:25:48 PM »

I'm in UK, it usually doesn't take long about 3 days to ship stuff from them to me, they take care of tax so doesn't get stuck in customs.

Its best price for someone in UK as I got it for £2499 and from any where in UK its £3000. They give you a full uk warranty so easy £500 saved.

Although order from them now and price has gone up bit, they have a fair bit of stock as new orders deliver on  21 Mar 2012 - 23 Mar 2012, guess the benefit of them being so close to Japan.

Last time I checked their T&C the buyer had to deal with Customs?
(VAT being the £500 saving you've got if you don't have to pay it (which we'll be curious/jealous of!)

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 16, 2012, 12:28:41 PM »
Adorama ran a pre-charge of $1.00 on my credit card thursday, so they must be getting ready to ship.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #252 on: March 16, 2012, 12:28:41 PM »

HighDefJunkies

« Reply #253 on: March 16, 2012, 12:55:46 PM »
Adorama ran a pre-charge of $1.00 on my credit card thursday, so they must be getting ready to ship.

When did you put your order in? They put a pending 50.00 charge on my credit card on March 1st.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 01:19:45 PM by HighDefJunkies »

nickashley

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 16, 2012, 01:07:40 PM »

Last time I checked their T&C the buyer had to deal with Customs?
(VAT being the £500 saving you've got if you don't have to pay it (which we'll be curious/jealous of!)

They cover the tax if you add it to basket just below the total price they say:

No Import Tax/Duty to Pay:
Any import tax/duty charged will
be billed directly us.

I did double check this and any duty is billed directly to them, the price i've paid is the total price, it not same for all products, they do it one three ways, this page explains it:

http://www.digitalrev.com/ebay/support/uk/uk_fpp.html

Usually ebay auctions cheaper and have no tax included but web site stuff has tax but its more expensive, i'd prefer to buy in uk but £500 saving to good pass up, just must stop checking my tracking link every 5 mins :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #254 on: March 16, 2012, 01:07:40 PM »