October 02, 2014, 02:57:09 AM

Author Topic: 5DIII pre-order thread  (Read 113583 times)

wookiee2cu

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Re: 5DIII pre-order thread
« Reply #270 on: March 16, 2012, 05:22:55 PM »
I just called B&H to amend the shipping location. I spoke to two guys, both of whom towed the party line. No word on stock or shipping, but we will be emailed as and when. Lame.

Thanks for the update. I do hope they will update the status soon and send us some ETA emails.

Pretty sure in the next weeks that will be lots of unboxing threads/pics lol.

They really aren't able to do that because they don't know how many they will be getting in each shipment.  However I wish they would tell us where we are on the list so we have at least some idea.  I got my order in 3-1 after it was announced (I'm in Seattle), about 30 minutes after I got my confirmation email I got their mass email with the pre-order links to their site so at least I'm ahead of all those folks.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #270 on: March 16, 2012, 05:22:55 PM »

NutsAndBolts

« Reply #271 on: March 16, 2012, 05:40:24 PM »
I work at a camera store and we had two 5d mkiii kits arrive today and was told we could sell them, we havent taken any pre-orders for the kits but a few bodies only.

Where, what store?

Drama79

« Reply #272 on: March 16, 2012, 05:59:19 PM »
I just called B&H to amend the shipping location. I spoke to two guys, both of whom towed the party line. No word on stock or shipping, but we will be emailed as and when. Lame.

Thanks for the update. I do hope they will update the status soon and send us some ETA emails.

They really aren't able to do that because they don't know how many they will be getting in each shipment.  However I wish they would tell us where we are on the list so we have at least some idea.  I got my order in 3-1 after it was announced (I'm in Seattle), about 30 minutes after I got my confirmation email I got their mass email with the pre-order links to their site so at least I'm ahead of all those folks.

I think most people will be fine. There's been no hype about shortage shipments (we would have heard, had demand been ridiculous). The smart money is on most people getting them in the next two weeks. There will be a few who ordered slightly later (next day? later?) Who may have to wait an extra week. I'd estimate by mid April, anyone who wants one in their sweaty hands will have one.

jalbfb

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 16, 2012, 06:16:34 PM »

I think most people will be fine. There's been no hype about shortage shipments (we would have heard, had demand been ridiculous). The smart money is on most people getting them in the next two weeks. There will be a few who ordered slightly later (next day? later?) Who may have to wait an extra week. I'd estimate by mid April, anyone who wants one in their sweaty hands will have one.

I agree, or at least I hope you are correct.  When I ordered mine it was 5 days after the announcement.  When i spoke to a B&H salesman several days later, when I added a few items to my order, he told me to expect it within 3-5 weeks when he looked at my order  number.  I had ordered it with standard shipping (free). So two weeks would put it at or near the reported release date of the 22nd, so I figure I'm probably in the 2nd or 3rd wave of shipments.  The closer the 22nd gets the harder it is to be patient!
Happy owner of the 5D Mark III, 24-105 f/4L and other L lenses

gametavern

« Reply #274 on: March 16, 2012, 06:27:20 PM »
I work at a camera store and we had two 5d mkiii kits arrive today and was told we could sell them, we havent taken any pre-orders for the kits but a few bodies only.

Where, what store?

The troll store of trollville.

traveller

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 16, 2012, 06:40:06 PM »
In case it hasn't been mentioned, the 5D MkIII + 24-105 f/4L IS kit is now showing as 'in stock from Warehouse Express and Jacobs in the UK; the 5D MkIII 'body only' is still only on a pre-order basis. 

unkbob

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 16, 2012, 10:15:01 PM »
5D3 now in stock at DigitalRev for £2,679

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #276 on: March 16, 2012, 10:15:01 PM »

irena

« Reply #277 on: March 16, 2012, 10:27:41 PM »
Has anyone that ordered just the body from Amazon heard from them? I have seen posts stating that people who have ordered the kits have received emails from Amazon. I placed my order for just the body on March 2nd in the morning but have not had any updates since then either in the form of an email or online.
I ordered body only around 2:30am CST and have not heard a single word from Amazon, yet. At this point I'm hoping for a shipping notice before an update email.

I am in the same boat.  Not a word since I ordered morning of March 2.

My body preorder on Amazon from March 4th now lists as "Shipping Soon" rather than "Not Yet Shipped" as my other preorders do.  I would double check your open order status.

NutsAndBolts

« Reply #278 on: March 16, 2012, 10:56:17 PM »
Has anyone that ordered just the body from Amazon heard from them? I have seen posts stating that people who have ordered the kits have received emails from Amazon. I placed my order for just the body on March 2nd in the morning but have not had any updates since then either in the form of an email or online.
I ordered body only around 2:30am CST and have not heard a single word from Amazon, yet. At this point I'm hoping for a shipping notice before an update email.

I am in the same boat.  Not a word since I ordered morning of March 2.

My body preorder on Amazon from March 4th now lists as "Shipping Soon" rather than "Not Yet Shipped" as my other preorders do.  I would double check your open order status.

Mine still says: 

"Not Yet Shipped:
   Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date. You can cancel at any time. "
May be it depends on what your location is.  What state/city is your order to be shipped? Mine is Los Gatos/ CA

Chris Geiger

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 16, 2012, 11:24:17 PM »
I placed an order on March 8th with Amazon for 2 600ex-rt's and a 5D3 with kit lens. I received an email a few days ago updating the status of my order with an expected delivery of....

"Delivery Estimate: Tuesday April 3, 2012"

I also went in to my local dealer and there was a Canon rep there. We were chatting a bit about the coming camera. I said something to the effect the camera is not as big a deal as the flash. The rep said that the 600ex-rt's will ship "sometime in April"

spinworkxroy

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 17, 2012, 12:50:02 AM »
The people in Singapore have already gotten their hands on the 5Dmk3 as of yesterday Mar 16. (And most shops have already sold out their first batch last night)
I personally got hold of mine yesterday.

Was using the 60D before and i must say the mk3 is leaps and bounds better. The grip is nice though maybe too big for some small asian hands like mine.. The AF is very fast and accurate, as compared to the mk2.
But ultimately the reason i bought this camera was the ISO capabilities.
Unfortunately it is only really good at JPG. RAW ISO is only useable up to ISO3200 and maybe 6400 is you really have to.
JPG however, on it's default standard setting is highly useable up to 12800. Even at 25600 it's better than RAW at 6400.
I barely got the camera for 24hrs so i'm still exploring all the features, especially all the AI Servo tracking settings, there's just too many to understand in 1 day.

In the meantime, here's just a sample of out of camera JPG taken at F5.6 at ISO12800 of myself (pardon the ugly face)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 12:52:48 AM by spinworkxroy »

Warninglabel

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • My Photography Site
« Reply #281 on: March 17, 2012, 02:00:37 AM »
Thanks for the shot

??? I know most people use raw files for processing, I'm really not liking some of the results coming out from people with this camera. and why is everyone else getting it, other then North America. I can't see the exif data from your photo but it looks really soft. JPEG NR is just crazy overbearing. I'm on Vacation this week and hope to get my 5D on Tuesday or Wednesday if B&H finally get it in  >:( . Since the rest of the world will have it already.
5D Mark III, 7D, 70mm-200mm f/2.8L IS II Speedlite 600EX-RT 24mm - 70mm f/2.8 II
Stop Action Sports | My Google + | Christopher Mitchell Photography

Dylan777

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 17, 2012, 02:14:39 AM »
Hey spinworkxroy,

Thanks for sharing your pix....I think the pix looks decent - f5.6 at 12800 ISO. Do you recall the shutter speed? and what lens you used?

I ordered my on March 2nd 9AM through BH, so far I got zero update from them. I'm going to sell my 60D once the 5D III arrived.
Body: 1DX -- 5D III
Zoom: 24-70L II -- 70-200L f2.8 IS II
Prime: 40mm -- 85L II -- 135L -- 200L f2 IS -- 400L f2.8 IS II

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #282 on: March 17, 2012, 02:14:39 AM »

ereka

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 17, 2012, 03:54:31 AM »
I'm in the UK. Mine was despatched last night for delivery some time this morning  ;D

I pulled the trigger on the 5DMkIII because I need a FF body for a trip to the Philippines on 12th April. I'm hoping to be able to sell the best pictures to recoup some of the cost of the trip. I don't think the 1Dx will be available until end April? Anyway, the 5DMkIII is smaller and lighter and therefore better suited for travel photography? You can see I'm trying hard to convince myself - please tell me I'm right  :-\

I am a little concerned that there might be some bugs in the new model (as apparently there were when the 5DMkII was release) but at least I'll have it for almost a month to try out before my trip. Fingers crossed!!!

Also, I'm a little disappointed in the report above that ISO is only usable up to 3200/6400 for RAW. Is this really true? I thought it would be the other way around i.e. better quality obtainable from RAW rather than in-camera processed jpegs???

bornshooter

• 5D Mark III
  • Love L series glass
    • View Profile
    • my flickr
« Reply #284 on: March 17, 2012, 04:24:36 AM »
I'm in the UK. Mine was despatched last night for delivery some time this morning  ;D

I pulled the trigger on the 5DMkIII because I need a FF body for a trip to the Philippines on 12th April. I'm hoping to be able to sell the best pictures to recoup some of the cost of the trip. I don't think the 1Dx will be available until end April? Anyway, the 5DMkIII is smaller and lighter and therefore better suited for travel photography? You can see I'm trying hard to convince myself - please tell me I'm right  :-\

I am a little concerned that there might be some bugs in the new model (as apparently there were when the 5DMkII was release) but at least I'll have it for almost a month to try out before my trip. Fingers crossed!!!

Also, I'm a little disappointed in the report above that ISO is only usable up to 3200/6400 for RAW. Is this really true? I thought it would be the other way around i.e. better quality obtainable from RAW rather than in-camera processed jpegs???
i think in my opinion that iso 6400 will be certainly usable from raw conversion for sure where in the uk did you buy ? im gonna get one too :D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #284 on: March 17, 2012, 04:24:36 AM »