November 27, 2014, 10:23:31 PM

Author Topic: 5DIII pre-order thread  (Read 116447 times)

RichATL

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Re: 5DIII pre-order thread
« Reply #450 on: March 21, 2012, 11:55:59 AM »
I just got off of the phone with B&H with the intent to cancel. At first the customer service rep stated they had no information but he would be willing to talk to a supervisor with the sales department to double check, this was after I expressed my frustration. He came back several minutes later and said something to the tune of 'they literally just updated the status on this product, you should expect your product(with two day shipping)to arrive by the end of this week or very early next week.' he also said that they got more kits than were pre-ordered so I will be on the first 'wave' despite my late preorder(03/12).

I hope you aren't teasing... because my order is in the 56xxx range (as opposed to the 52xxx people are reporting)...I ordered the morning of the 2nd...
I'm sure that 4k isn't all body only 5d's, but that's still a big shipment to come in a first wave me thinks.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #450 on: March 21, 2012, 11:55:59 AM »

Jemlnlx

« Reply #451 on: March 21, 2012, 12:18:15 PM »
IN stock in Brooklyn:

The Imaging World
548 Driggs Ave
Brooklyn N.Y. 11211

Just ordered mine....

mspivak

« Reply #452 on: March 21, 2012, 12:27:29 PM »
I also called B&H this morning.  I pre-ordered the base model.  The Rep said that it should ship later this week or early next week.

Invertalon

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 21, 2012, 12:30:38 PM »
Body is out of stock at the Imaging World... Kits in stock though, so I got that. Will ship today via overnight!

Thanks!

Jemlnlx

« Reply #454 on: March 21, 2012, 12:35:35 PM »
Body is out of stock at the Imaging World... Kits in stock though, so I got that. Will ship today via overnight!

Thanks!

Your very welcome...he said he only had 1 or 2 extra bodies that weren't pre ordered...I guess someone got to him before you. I ship to NJ, so free ground shipping should get there tomorrow :)

Glad I could be of service.... Oh and I cancelled B&H and the guys said that they would probably have shipped tomorrow.....I asked how many in the first "batch" and he didnt know....

se7en

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 21, 2012, 12:36:56 PM »
I hope you aren't teasing... because my order is in the 56xxx range (as opposed to the 52xxx people are reporting)...I ordered the morning of the 2nd...
I'm sure that 4k isn't all body only 5d's, but that's still a big shipment to come in a first wave me thinks.

I'm certainly not, lets hope the rep wasn't either!

bakker

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 21, 2012, 12:41:15 PM »
My body was sent today and will arrive tomorrow. :D (The Netherlands)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #456 on: March 21, 2012, 12:41:15 PM »

Invertalon

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 21, 2012, 12:41:28 PM »
Your very welcome...he said he only had 1 or 2 extra bodies that weren't pre ordered...I guess someone got to him before you. I ship to NJ, so free ground shipping should get there tomorrow :)

Glad I could be of service.... Oh and I cancelled B&H and the guys said that they would probably have shipped tomorrow.....I asked how many in the first "batch" and he didnt know....

He said they literally just sold the last body a minute or so before I called online. But he had kits and promised they would ship today via overnight. Win win for me though... Sell the 24-105L for $825 or so and still come out cheaper then Adorama, by about $50. Easy enough to sell a 24-105L :p

It will be nice to have it tomorrow... Got all my exams done at school by tomorrow and can enjoy the camera!

Evannak

« Reply #458 on: March 21, 2012, 12:43:43 PM »
canceled my order from b&h, picked up my 5d mark iii at local store, so happy right now  :) good luck peeps!

Stephen Melvin

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 21, 2012, 12:51:30 PM »
Just ordered mine from B&H. While I'd really like to have mine as soon as possible, the $300 in sales tax (that a local shop would charge) helps me be a bit more patient.

I don't understand the order numbers people are posting. My number is 10 digits long. 1019959XXX. Surely they haven't sold *that* many in the past three weeks. ;)

bobkeenan

« Reply #460 on: March 21, 2012, 12:57:54 PM »
I have a preorder with B&H (1030 PM PST) 1 march and have heard nothing since except the lame email everyone got.  BUT.... I am also on the preorder list at our local camera shop in Portland.  I called to see if they had any.  They had 9 but they all sold to people higher on the list OR to a special PRO set of customers.

He said that they expect another shipment later this week and I would get mine from that shipment??

Creative Craig Creations

« Reply #461 on: March 21, 2012, 01:00:46 PM »
Didn't get a chance to order mine from Adorama (body only) until 3/19. Does anyone have any idea when I might be seeing my new baby?

Bosman

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Bosman Photography
« Reply #462 on: March 21, 2012, 01:04:01 PM »
Hey guys, i got a nice surprise at 11:37 am this morn Mar 21st 2012. Norman Camera sent me an email confirmation of my 5dm3 being shipped.

I did post a thread about where to get the kits before this but wanted to share the excitement with those who are talking about their pre-orders. Yea Baby!!

Someone posted that they are out already but i wonder if this forum is that effective....
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 01:07:24 PM by Bosman »
Bosman Photography www.bosmanphotography.com, Fast Photo Pro www.fastphotopro.com
Follow Bosman Photography on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Bosman.Photography
Sports Photography  Follow Fast Photo Pro on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Fast.Photo.Pr

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #462 on: March 21, 2012, 01:04:01 PM »

RedEye

« Reply #463 on: March 21, 2012, 01:09:47 PM »
I live not far from Norman, good to know they are quality. 

Bosman

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Bosman Photography
« Reply #464 on: March 21, 2012, 01:13:57 PM »
I live not far from Norman, good to know they are quality.
Give them a call. I talked to Andy this morn after getting my ship confirmation. 800-900-6676 is the number there. I just called and spoke to Andy he said they are getting a bunch more kits tomorrow and will be able to ship as soon as they come in like they did for me today. They dont get told how many they will get from Canon but he expects a bunch.

They have fulfilled all their kit shipments for today of what they had in stock. He says you can order them today and be shipped to tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 01:28:46 PM by Bosman »
Bosman Photography www.bosmanphotography.com, Fast Photo Pro www.fastphotopro.com
Follow Bosman Photography on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Bosman.Photography
Sports Photography  Follow Fast Photo Pro on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Fast.Photo.Pr

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #464 on: March 21, 2012, 01:13:57 PM »