July 25, 2014, 07:22:27 PM

Author Topic: 5DIII pre-order thread  (Read 110837 times)

h4ldol

Re: 5DIII pre-order thread
« Reply #480 on: March 21, 2012, 02:39:07 PM »
For those who preordered from J&R (for 6% Shop Discover cashback), I just spoke with a CSR who wasn't able to tell me my place in the preorder queue, but told me that they expect to get a shipment sometime "this week", but couldn't be any more specific as to the date, quantity, etc.  Hope they get a nice shipment considering they are a large retailer in NYC, and likely online too.  Not nearly as many preorders as either B&H or Adorama, somewhere in the "few hundreds" when I placed my order about 8-9 days ago.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #480 on: March 21, 2012, 02:39:07 PM »

HighDefJunkies

« Reply #481 on: March 21, 2012, 02:41:01 PM »

SomeGuyInNewJersey

« Reply #482 on: March 21, 2012, 02:49:24 PM »
I have just called B&H to ask about switching my preorder from body only to kit. Not because I think I'll get it quicker but because since I placed the order I have thought more about what I already knew about my lenses... that is neither a 17-40mm or a 70-300L make good general lenses for a full frame camera.

Anyways back to ther reason for posting.

The guy at B&H said that changing from body to kit will NOT change my relative place in line.

My order has been updated and it now has a new cost but the order number has remained the same. He says I should gte it early next week. As for if he meant they'll ship it then or that I'll actually get my sticky paws on it then... I didnt think to ask. I guess even if youre in the first batch presuming B&H arent taking extra staff just to ship this there will be a time required to fill all the orders. If Canon dumps a whole mountain of 5d3's on them they still need to be processed, packed and shipped.

Now I think about it logically (from the limited information I have :) ) your place in line is likely determined by your order number (or time)... so as they fill the orders they will move along a list of order numbers (or times) not have a separate list for each product. I am of course presuming the guy wasnt lying and they are told just to say yes and get more money out people when the option is there, you need to presume these things to function in like but you never can be sure can you...

So basically its not like lines of people at counters in a food court... you dont have to join the back of the noodle line if you decide you want to get noodles not pizza :) You get to join the noodle line after the guy the joined the noodle line the same time you joined the pizza line...

DISCLAIMER: This is just an analogy...  This is not how it works in the food court in the mall... trying to join the noodle line in the middle may result in you getting a punch in the face!

Of course depending on where your mall is results may vary... you may either just get frowned at or you may get stabbed... neighbourhoods can be really different in this respect. :-)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 02:52:54 PM by SomeGuyInNewJersey »

jlev23

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 21, 2012, 02:55:40 PM »
I have just called B&H to ask about switching my preorder from body only to kit. Not because I think I'll get it quicker but because since I placed the order I have thought more about what I already knew about my lenses... that is neither a 17-40mm or a 70-300L make good general lenses for a full frame camera.

The guy at B&H said that changing from body to kit will NOT change my relative place in line.

My order has been updated and it now has a new cost but the order number has remained the same. He says I should gte it early next week. As for if he meant they'll ship it then or that I'll actually get my sticky paws on it then... I didnt think to ask. I guess even if youre in the first batch presuming B&H arent taking extra staff just to ship this there will be a time required to fill all the orders. If Canon dumps a whole mountain of 5d3's on them they still need to be processed, packed and shipped.

Now I think about it logically (from the limited information I have :) ) your place in line is likely determined by your order number (or time)... so as they fill the orders they will move along a list of order numbers (or times) not have a separate list for each product. I am of course presuming the guy wasnt lying and they are told just to say yes and get more money out people when the option is there, you need to presume these things to function in like but you never can be sure can you...

So basically its not like lines of people at counters in a food court... you dont have to join the back of the noodle line if you decide you want to get noodles not pizza :) You get to join the noodle line after the guy the joined the noodle line the same time you joined the pizza line...

DISCLAIMER: This is just an analogy...  This is not how it works in the food court in the mall... trying to join the noodle line in the middle may result in you getting a punch in the face!

Of course depending on where your mall is results may vary... you may either just get frowned at or you may get stabbed... neighbourhoods can be really different in this respect. :-)
i was told the opposite from adorama, if i switch to the kit i would loose my place in line :(
5D MKIII

SomeGuyInNewJersey

« Reply #484 on: March 21, 2012, 03:04:37 PM »

i was told the opposite from adorama, if i switch to the kit i would loose my place in line :(

I was told that I would likely lose my place in line if I switched when I asked in store at B&H last week.

How did you ask? Phone, email, online chat or in person at the store? You might want to call Adorama with your order number and ask today now it is likely they are actually get shipments in they may be more willing to talk.

Arkarch

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
    • Karl Buiter Photography
« Reply #485 on: March 21, 2012, 03:13:16 PM »
Just got off the phone with Adorama - to upgrade my shipping.

The CS did confirm (by voice) a few times that my 5DmIII will ship today.

My order time was 12:41am Eastern 3/2

I'll update later when I get a tracking #

And my Credit Card has just been Charged.

Looks like Adorama is Shipping Today.

Hope the whole preorder batch goes out for everyone else!

edit - this is a body only order
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 03:19:09 PM by Arkarch »
Landscape ( http://www.buiterphotography.com )
Motorsports ( http://www.buitermotorsports.com )
5DIII, 7D, EF 300/2.8 II IS USM, ZE 21/2.8, ZE 50/2 ZE 100/2, TS-E 24/3.5, EF 70-200 f/2.8 IS USM II, EF 24-105 IS f/4, TC 1.4 III, TC 2.0 III

Drama79

« Reply #486 on: March 21, 2012, 03:24:06 PM »
OMG I GOT AN EMAIL FROM B&H!

Wait, it's a customer service survey.

seriously.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #486 on: March 21, 2012, 03:24:06 PM »

AKCalixto

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 21, 2012, 03:24:41 PM »

isaaclkoval

« Reply #488 on: March 21, 2012, 03:36:47 PM »
Just ordered from Kenmore. Hopefully will get it by tomorrow!

dochawk

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 21, 2012, 04:09:58 PM »
Just got off the phone with Adorama - to upgrade my shipping.

The CS did confirm (by voice) a few times that my 5DmIII will ship today.

My order time was 12:41am Eastern 3/2

I'll update later when I get a tracking #

And my Credit Card has just been Charged.

Looks like Adorama is Shipping Today.

Hope the whole preorder batch goes out for everyone else!

edit - this is a body only order

My credit card has also just been charged, I ordered the next morning so adorama must be filling alot of orders today

rumormiller

« Reply #490 on: March 21, 2012, 04:15:34 PM »
Ordered from Adorama on 3/5. $50 test charge has been made. Called and the camera will ship today.

jlev23

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 21, 2012, 04:16:19 PM »
got it from crutchfield, called to cancel adorama and they are like sorry sir, its already on the truck, so now i have two coming, haha, comical!
5D MKIII

XanuFoto

« Reply #492 on: March 21, 2012, 04:18:07 PM »
Seems like everyone will get their camera for the wedding season.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #492 on: March 21, 2012, 04:18:07 PM »

Ew

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 21, 2012, 04:20:24 PM »
Amazon preorder within first hours of avail per orders. Still no email, no charge, no nothing.

"not yet shipped" !!!

I'll give them till 22nd am, and jump ship.

Anyone have success w/ Amazon?????
5D3 | 600D | EOSm | Samyang 8mm 3.8T | Samyang 14 2.8 | 17-40 | 28 1.8 | Sig 35 1.4 | 40 | 50 1.4 | 100 2.0 | 135 L | 70-200 4L IS + x1.4mk2 | Nippon Kogaku 50 1.4 (1965) | Nikkor 43-86 (mid 1970s) | M: 22

rporterfield

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 21, 2012, 04:24:57 PM »
Ordered from Adorama on 3/5. $50 test charge has been made. Called and the camera will ship today.
Same here except I have a full charge on my credit card.  Got an email saying it has been packed and will ship by end of today.
5D Mark III, 24-105

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #494 on: March 21, 2012, 04:24:57 PM »