November 21, 2014, 01:10:59 PM

Author Topic: 5DIII pre-order thread  (Read 116035 times)

prayharder

Re: 5DIII pre-order thread
« Reply #495 on: March 21, 2012, 04:26:32 PM »
I ordered from B&H March 1st 10:39 Pacific. I called B&H today and they said that I was indeed on the first shippement, but it looked like it wouldn't ship out till next week sometime. How is this possible? Anyone get a shipment notification from B&H?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #495 on: March 21, 2012, 04:26:32 PM »

sbartoli

« Reply #496 on: March 21, 2012, 04:27:13 PM »
Just ordered mine from Kenmore Camera and it is shipping overnight.  I will have it tomorrow.  They still have bodies in stock.

http://www.kenmorecamera.com/p-18864-canon-eos-5d-mark-iii-body.aspx

fugu82

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 21, 2012, 04:27:21 PM »
Adorama order will ship today or tomorrow. Not ordered till the afternoon on March 2nd, so the first batch will be pretty generous, it seems. Status still says pending, but found out when they tried to charge my card. CS was VERY nice.

kidnaper

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 21, 2012, 04:27:31 PM »
Amazon preorder within first hours of avail per orders. Still no email, no charge, no nothing.

"not yet shipped" !!!

I'll give them till 22nd am, and jump ship.

Anyone have success w/ Amazon?????
I ordered from amazon at 230am cst on the 2nd. Still not a whisper of a detail.
5DIII 8-200mm minus 35mm in there.

jalbfb

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: March 21, 2012, 04:27:46 PM »
I call B&H earl;y this morning about a 1/2 hr after they opened and spoke to a CSR who basically said that the cameras arriving on the 23rd but didn't think I'd make the first pre-order, which I figured.  However, he had no clue when the next order would go out.  I called back after reading on this thread that someone was told that some cameras "had just been posted on their inventory."  so I called back and this time asked to speak to a sales rep, gave him my order number and he told m he had no clue when the shipment was coming in that they were "waiting to hear from the manufacturer."  Sound familiar?  so I decided to call the closest camera store (1 1/2 hrs away) and confirm my spot which I reserved last night.  They are getting several in and I'm 6th on the list so not today.  But they expect a few to trickle in on a regular basis. So B&H order is about to be cancelled.  If they just got a uniform story and were gave some bit of reliable info out... Oh, and I asked if they would be shipping from Apr 3-9 (Passover) and the SR said no they were closed.  So they better get as many out as they can before then!  Oh well,  I'll spend the money in state.  PS:  they have a few kits available now so I floated the idea of adding my 24-105 to the sale of my 5DII to my son-in-law.  The price is a bit higher than what he was expecting to pay for just the 5DII-so I hope to hear from him by the end of the day. Maybe I'll have one sooner than I think.  anyway, good luck to everyone.  I hope you all get your cameras soon.
Happy owner of the 5D Mark III, 24-105 f/4L and other L lenses

Arkarch

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
    • Karl Buiter Photography
« Reply #500 on: March 21, 2012, 04:35:12 PM »
Just got off the phone with Adorama - to upgrade my shipping.

The CS did confirm (by voice) a few times that my 5DmIII will ship today.

My order time was 12:41am Eastern 3/2

I'll update later when I get a tracking #

And my Credit Card has just been Charged.

Looks like Adorama is Shipping Today.

Hope the whole preorder batch goes out for everyone else!

edit - this is a body only order

Tracking Number Received.

The 5DmIII is on its way!

Lets see how deep this goes for all the adorama orders - what time?
Landscape ( http://www.buiterphotography.com )
Motorsports ( http://www.buitermotorsports.com )
5DIII, 7D, EF 300/2.8 II IS USM, ZE 21/2.8, ZE 50/2 ZE 100/2, TS-E 24/3.5, EF 70-200 f/2.8 IS USM II, EF 24-105 IS f/4, TC 1.4 III, TC 2.0 III

tony_e

« Reply #501 on: March 21, 2012, 04:35:23 PM »
I'm surprised more people are not ditching Amazon at this point and going with independent stores...

If anyone uses the "tax" excuse, it's just stupid. You have to declare it eventually...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #501 on: March 21, 2012, 04:35:23 PM »

Makaveli6103

« Reply #502 on: March 21, 2012, 04:35:50 PM »
Amazon preorder within first hours of avail per orders. Still no email, no charge, no nothing.

"not yet shipped" !!!

I'll give them till 22nd am, and jump ship.

Anyone have success w/ Amazon?????

Nothing here also.  I ordered on March 2 at 1:30AM CST.  If I don't hear anything by tomorrow I am going to Nebraska Furniture Mart and buying one.

clicstudio

• EOS M2
  • {+}
    • View Profile
    • clic::studio photography
1DX coming but Renting a 5D3 to check it out...
« Reply #503 on: March 21, 2012, 04:36:31 PM »
LensRentals.com has a great deal on the 5DIII. About $250 for 4 days, including the Battery Grip, insurance and overnight service.

Although I already preordered a 1DX to replace my 1D4, the 5D seems like a nice second studio camera.   :)

I rented a 24-105 from LensRentals to test last week and their service is brilliant. Fast, reliable and super easy. I totally recommend them.

Even though it is not in topic, the 24-105 has the perfect zoom range for me but the focusing speed and accuracy sucked compared to my 24-70 2.8L. 30% of the photos were out of focus or not sharp enough. Renting it gave me a chance to check it out and work for a few days and now I know it doesn't work. I already preordered the new 24-70 2.8L II from Adorama.  :D
Canon 1D X, Canon 24-70 F2.8L II,  Canon SpeedLite 600 EX-RT, 5x Paul C. Buff Einstein Flashes with Pocket Wizard PowerMC2's, Pocket Wizard Mini-TT1, Pocket Wizard AC3.

kidnaper

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 21, 2012, 04:40:36 PM »
I'm surprised more people are not ditching Amazon at this point and going with independent stores...

If anyone uses the "tax" excuse, it's just stupid. You have to declare it eventually...
You're supposed to, whether or not that actually happens is another matter. I'd love to just walk into a store and pick one up today, however I put about a grand worth of amazon credit towards this purchase and couldn't afford to pay for the camera out of pocket otherwise right now.

tony_e

« Reply #505 on: March 21, 2012, 04:56:37 PM »

You're supposed to, whether or not that actually happens is another matter. I'd love to just walk into a store and pick one up today, however I put about a grand worth of amazon credit towards this purchase and couldn't afford to pay for the camera out of pocket otherwise right now.

That's fair :)

I hope Amazon ships soon - I know it's frustrating to wait and wait. I seem to remember something similar happening with 5D2 orders too...

rporterfield

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 21, 2012, 04:56:55 PM »

How is saving almost $400 stupid?  Where I live we do not have to report purchases from out of state that we didn't pay taxes on.  I know of very few states that do.
5D Mark III, 24-105

kidnaper

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 21, 2012, 05:06:17 PM »
CR Facebook post:
Canon Rumors Adorama has started to ship the 5D Mark III, B&H and Amazon to follow almost immediately.
Hoping to get away from the computer for a bit and come back to an email from Amazon!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #507 on: March 21, 2012, 05:06:17 PM »

daveburlo

« Reply #508 on: March 21, 2012, 05:10:24 PM »
Hi Guys

Im in the UK and received my 2 off 5d111 on last friday (16th March). see happy wife, as she can now have some new shoes!!

BrianM

« Reply #509 on: March 21, 2012, 05:18:42 PM »
As almost all of my purchases are through B&H and Amazon, it was painful to cancel with B&H.  I waited until I got my tracking number from Kenmore Camera.  I talked with them on the phone multiple times and they seemed really customer friendly.  Amazing how this little family owned shop still has stock.  http://www.kenmorecamera.com/p-18864-canon-eos-5d-mark-iii-body.aspx

Good luck all,

Brian

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #509 on: March 21, 2012, 05:18:42 PM »