September 30, 2014, 02:16:06 PM

Author Topic: 5DIII pre-order thread  (Read 113505 times)

waving_odd

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Re: 5DIII pre-order thread
« Reply #525 on: March 21, 2012, 07:05:12 PM »
Got my delivery confirmation from Adorama a couple hours ago. I'll have mine tomorrow!!! Finally the wait is almost over.

Me too!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #525 on: March 21, 2012, 07:05:12 PM »

wookiee2cu

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 21, 2012, 07:05:58 PM »
Kenmore seems to have come through !! Just got the tracking number from them, should be with me within 2 days. Called up BH to cancel pre-order, they still dont have a clue when they will get stock or push them out. I ordered on the 6th so wasn't hoping on making into the first cut of people. Now I breathe a little more easier and relax while the camera makes it way to me. Excellent service at Kenmore. Will post again when I have it with me. All the best to the others !!  the wallet just feels lighter all of a sudden :P

Kenmore Camera is great, I live about 15 miles from them and buy most of my stuff there.  Nice group and very helpful. 

sbartoli

« Reply #527 on: March 21, 2012, 07:09:43 PM »
Just got my overnight tracking number from Kenmore.  Looks like mine will arrive tomorrow!

nikespex

« Reply #528 on: March 21, 2012, 07:25:14 PM »
My B&H order ends with 536xx, and was confirmed on the first order, but was also told that mine wouldn't ship till next week.

When were you told your order wouldn't ship until next week?  My order ends with 528xx and I was told this morning I should be in the first shipment.  It seemed to me like the first shipment orders would be sent out Thursday evening at earliest.  I'm guessing you and I are about 800 orders apart in the queue.

cdang

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 21, 2012, 07:41:40 PM »
For you Aussies, camera house in Leederville has them for 3,599 again.

http://www.leedervillecameras.com.au/digital-slr-cameras/canon-dslrs

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 21, 2012, 07:48:31 PM »
For you Aussies, camera house in Leederville has them for 3,599 again.

http://www.leedervillecameras.com.au/digital-slr-cameras/canon-dslrs

they get their next shipment in early april I think the initial lot are all gone now, I'm glad I managed to get into the first batch.
APS-H Fanboy

prayharder

« Reply #531 on: March 21, 2012, 07:50:02 PM »
My B&H order ends with 536xx, and was confirmed on the first order, but was also told that mine wouldn't ship till next week.

When were you told your order wouldn't ship until next week?  My order ends with 528xx and I was told this morning I should be in the first shipment.  It seemed to me like the first shipment orders would be sent out Thursday evening at earliest.  I'm guessing you and I are about 800 orders apart in the queue.

I was told that at 12:15 pacific today.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #531 on: March 21, 2012, 07:50:02 PM »

Goines

« Reply #532 on: March 21, 2012, 09:19:07 PM »

Hmm... I hope that is wrong.  My order is 527xx and my status was 'backordered' not 'preorder' when i put my order through.  I was surprised it let me order it.  :P  I've confirmed with them in the past that everything should be ready to go.  But, I assumed they would be sending them out tomorrow and next day shipping would get it to me on friday.  I hope that's the case.  :(

prayharder

« Reply #533 on: March 21, 2012, 09:24:26 PM »

Hmm... I hope that is wrong.  My order is 527xx and my status was 'backordered' not 'preorder' when i put my order through.  I was surprised it let me order it.  :P  I've confirmed with them in the past that everything should be ready to go.  But, I assumed they would be sending them out tomorrow and next day shipping would get it to me on friday.  I hope that's the case.  :(

That was my assumption too, but man they so far seemed to have dropped the ball on this one.

avbmenon

« Reply #534 on: March 21, 2012, 09:28:43 PM »
i already have mine coming but for the benefit of others, posting the following reply, in response to "when do you get stock again with crutchfield", they replied much later in the day but here goes:

"Thank you very much for your email and for your interest in Crutchfield.
Regarding your inquiry, the Canon EOS 5D Mark III Body Only camera is currently on backorder from the manufacturer with an undetermined ETA. As of our last contact with Canon they were unable to provide us with a firm delivery date, and so we have simply listed the item as out of stock. However you can certainly pre-order this item on our website so that you can reserve the first available unit once stock arrives. Placing a reserve order might be a good idea to ensure you're on the list to receive one as soon as possible.

Our website is updated daily with the latest news on item availability."

Macadameane

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 22, 2012, 12:50:51 AM »
I ordered free shipping from Adorama minutes after it was available, and I will be getting mine on Monday.  Not too shabby :)

Rainier

« Reply #536 on: March 22, 2012, 01:41:04 AM »
I ordered the body only from Amazon on March 2, 2012. My status was updated to "Shipping Soon" moments ago, and my card has been charged. Oh my! If they ship it tomorrow, I'm hoping I get it by this Saturday (Amazon Prime).   ;D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 12:46:12 PM by Rainier »

prestonpalmer

« Reply #537 on: March 22, 2012, 02:55:45 AM »
I am so jealous of everyone who has one on order!!!

What do I have to do to make some money?  I'm just a poor grad student!!!

Start your own business. ;)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #537 on: March 22, 2012, 02:55:45 AM »

kevinmundo

« Reply #538 on: March 22, 2012, 09:30:48 AM »
Just called B&H and customer support still don't have the camera ready for shipping even if you are in the early pre-order.  The guy said maybe by Monday.  Sorry that's not good enough since everyone else is already shipping.  I canceled my order and went over to Adorama.  Better you call them so you can make sure they take your order.  B&H totally dropped the ball on this release.  I don't think I will do pre-order with them again.  I would probably order items they have in stock. 

kimloris

« Reply #539 on: March 22, 2012, 09:53:24 AM »
Picking mine up today from a store called Pictureline in Salt Lake City Utah.  :D

I pre ordered on March 2nd and also paid for it, so it put me at the top of their list.

Thank you for the pictureline info, I would never have found the store without your post.
I ordered online yesterday and will receive my camera tomorrow (it is already in a UPS truck).
I will have a busy week-end  :D

Maybe I canceled the Adorama bundle too early but I received an email from CS saying that "Currently, there is no official ETA from the manufacturer. They determine when we get our first batch and how many we receive per batch. Orders are fulfilled in the order we received them, on a first come first serve basis. We cannot share line placement nor can we estimate what batch your order may be fulfilled in. Please bear with us as we are the mercy of the manufacturer." and it scared me since my order was made on 3/20 and no free SD card nor free backpack is worth waiting months...
Besides, the overnight shipping almost cost as much as the price of the Sandisk card anyway and from where I live (WA), Salt Lake UPS ground takes 2 days.

To sum-up:
1- No regrets at all to have canceled my early B&H pre-order, I would still be waiting in the dark.
2- Maybe I canceled too fast from Adorama but with my late pre-order of the bundle, I could not have been in the first batch anyway.
3- Really happy to buy from a local small store (just hope that I will not have to discover if they have a good customer service for return/exchange if my camera or lens have issues)

« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 10:06:22 AM by kimloris »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #539 on: March 22, 2012, 09:53:24 AM »