December 20, 2014, 09:49:08 AM

Author Topic: 5DIII pre-order thread  (Read 117763 times)

jlev23

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: 5DIII pre-order thread
« Reply #540 on: March 22, 2012, 10:07:18 AM »
i might be the first one in Los angeles to receive mine!
Los Angeles, CA, United States    03/22/2012    5:28 A.M.   Departure Scan
loving crutchfield for being on it and with the reward points for the purchase ill be able to get 3-4 back up batteries from them(in 30 days)
i was too late canceling adorama, they told me i was one of the lucky ones and it was already on the truck. so I'm going to make one of my friends really happy, but that one won't be here until tuesday.
i only wish i had a charged battery for when it arrives.
5D MKIII

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #540 on: March 22, 2012, 10:07:18 AM »

kimloris

« Reply #541 on: March 22, 2012, 10:10:58 AM »
i only wish i had a charged battery for when it arrives.

That's right...Good Tip !
 I need to be sure to recharge my 7D battery today, I took lots of pics last week-end and it's probably half full.
I am so glad that it is the same battery ! ;D

wookiee2cu

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 22, 2012, 10:39:44 AM »
Just called B&H and customer support still don't have the camera ready for shipping even if you are in the early pre-order.  The guy said maybe by Monday.  Sorry that's not good enough since everyone else is already shipping.  I canceled my order and went over to Adorama.  Better you call them so you can make sure they take your order.  B&H totally dropped the ball on this release.  I don't think I will do pre-order with them again.  I would probably order items they have in stock.

In all fairness, B&H didn't drop the ball, the cameras haven't been delivered to them... that's Canon's fault.  It seems that the shipments hit the west coast first which makes sense since it's the shortest route and from there are being trucked/flown eastward.  I've read a few stores in Indy and Ohio have gotten them earlier this week but not sure how that happened and it wasn't wide spread.  Adorama got their shipment yesterday and their distribution center is in NJ so I'm guessing that B&H got theirs last night or will get them today.  Once they get them they have to unload, scan into inventory , then start packaging and then finally ship so maybe by the end of today folks will start getting updates. 

I'm in Seattle and believe me it's been driving me crazy knowing my local stores have the bodies; I could have bought it twice now from my favorite store (seems they've had two shipments not sure of the size though but they are a relatively small store) but I don't want to have to pay the $360 in sales tax (ordered body only, extra battery and pearstone dual battery charger).  In WA I don't have to pay taxes at the end of the year on internet purchases so I do actually save the money.  I have my order with B&H and I will just wait for them to ship it which should be in the first wave based on my order number.

gtowndave

« Reply #543 on: March 22, 2012, 10:41:09 AM »
I ordered the body only from Amazon on May 2, 2012. My status was updated to "Shipping Soon" moments ago, and my card has been charged. Oh my! If they ship it tomorrow, I'm hoping I get it by this Saturday (Amazon Prime).   ;D

I'm assuming you meant March 2, but what time did you order on that day? I also ordered the morning of the 2nd and haven't heard anything yet. I'm hoping your post is good news for me!  :D

kidnaper

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 22, 2012, 10:56:09 AM »
I think it's good news for all! Or Amazon jumping the gun. Confirmation email received at 2:33:02 AM CST March 2.
5DIII 8-200mm minus 35mm in there.

Lloyd50

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 22, 2012, 11:05:35 AM »
Picked up my pre order from keeble and schuchat in Palo Alto on the 19th, im a happy man!  :D
1DX- 16-35L f2.8 II - 24-70L F2.8  - 70-200L F2.8 II - 50 1.4

mbiedermann

« Reply #546 on: March 22, 2012, 11:39:49 AM »
BestBuy stores have the cameras in stock and are sellling them since this morning.

The funny thing is that my online order entered within 1 hour of the pre-order page being available on 03/02 wasn't going to ship for another week or two.  So I asked them to switch my BestBuy.com order to store pickup and that's how I got it today.

Happy photo making!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #546 on: March 22, 2012, 11:39:49 AM »

scottk

« Reply #547 on: March 22, 2012, 11:49:29 AM »
Lots of B&H folks are getting charged right now and our order status has changed to "sent to warehouse". Sounds like shipping soon!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 12:00:58 PM by scottk »

prayharder

« Reply #548 on: March 22, 2012, 11:52:11 AM »
Lost of us B&H folks are getting charged right now and our order status has changed to "sent to warehouse". Sounds like shipping soon!

I just checked mine, it's now "In stock, sent to warehouse" too!!! Man I can't wait.

Rainier

« Reply #549 on: March 22, 2012, 12:03:13 PM »
I ordered the body only from Amazon on May 2, 2012. My status was updated to "Shipping Soon" moments ago, and my card has been charged. Oh my! If they ship it tomorrow, I'm hoping I get it by this Saturday (Amazon Prime).   ;D

I'm assuming you meant March 2, but what time did you order on that day? I also ordered the morning of the 2nd and haven't heard anything yet. I'm hoping your post is good news for me!  :D

Oops, I meant "March", haha!  :D I don't recall what time of the day it was, but probably around 10AM (PST).

CMI

« Reply #550 on: March 22, 2012, 12:06:22 PM »

I ordered from Amazon the at 6:30 am on Mar 2,  still nothing.  I have Prime too.  Man whats up?

pbarr86

« Reply #551 on: March 22, 2012, 12:10:06 PM »
Add me to the list of people that just got their shipping notification from Adorama   ;D

Drama79

« Reply #552 on: March 22, 2012, 12:27:01 PM »
My B&H still says backordered :(

Like I say, I can wait until next week - maybe wednesday? before I panic.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #552 on: March 22, 2012, 12:27:01 PM »

aluckyshot

« Reply #553 on: March 22, 2012, 12:32:08 PM »
My B&H still says backordered :(

Like I say, I can wait until next week - maybe wednesday? before I panic.

Same here.  No panic though...unless we run into the April 6 Passover shutdown!

Goines

« Reply #554 on: March 22, 2012, 12:34:46 PM »
Just spoke with B&H customer service, my order (#527xx) is in the warehouse and will be going out (overnight) tonight.  :)

UPDATE: I now have a UPS tracking number.  yay!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #554 on: March 22, 2012, 12:34:46 PM »