August 23, 2014, 06:02:17 AM

Author Topic: 5DIII pre-order thread  (Read 112203 times)

Drama79

Re: 5DIII pre-order thread
« Reply #555 on: March 22, 2012, 12:37:35 PM »
I wonder what their first consignment was? 1000? 3000? 500?

If some of us have been told "sometime next week", that could mean a second order very quickly.

Oh I don't know. I hate guessing! My shipping refund got processed by them - maybe that's a sign? I'll just be over here, gently rocking and sobbing in the corner.

prayharder

« Reply #556 on: March 22, 2012, 12:54:03 PM »
Just spoke with B&H customer service, my order (#527xx) is in the warehouse and will be going out (overnight) tonight.  :)

UPDATE: I now have a UPS tracking number.  yay!

I called them up and changed my 2nd day to overnight, since mine is supposed to be shooing out today. With I spoke with the CS rep, he said that it is already to ship out, and I should have it tomorrow. :-)

Now to stalk the UPS guy tomorrow.

pwfitz

« Reply #557 on: March 22, 2012, 01:01:25 PM »
I preordered on March 2nd from B&H.  I can't wait for it to ship.  I am thoroughly enjoying the wait.  This is the closest I have felt to Christmas Eve from my childhood since...my childhood.   

takoman46

« Reply #558 on: March 22, 2012, 01:20:09 PM »
Just called B&H and customer support still don't have the camera ready for shipping even if you are in the early pre-order.  The guy said maybe by Monday.  Sorry that's not good enough since everyone else is already shipping.  I canceled my order and went over to Adorama.  Better you call them so you can make sure they take your order.  B&H totally dropped the ball on this release.  I don't think I will do pre-order with them again.  I would probably order items they have in stock.

Why did you cancel with B&H? They are shipping pre-orders today and it does seem that they received a huge shipment! A ton of users including myself have already received credit charges, "Shipped" status changes, and UPS tracking numbers! Updates are being posted on the B&H order Queue thread. So although B&H lost a lot points for lack of communication, they at least made good on the March 22nd deadline  ;)

Jacky Canon

« Reply #559 on: March 22, 2012, 01:22:02 PM »
Hi Folks,

Just spoke with a sales person at the imaging world, he told me they are getting in more 5d III body's and kits on Monday march 26 so i placed an order for my body overnight shipping (feels better than waiting on a pre-order lists when i know the shipping date), so next week Tuesday will be MY SUPER TUESDAY (cant wait.)  :) ;)

wookiee2cu

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: March 22, 2012, 01:22:52 PM »
Why did you cancel with B&H? They are shipping pre-orders today and it does seem that they received a huge shipment! A ton of users including myself have already received credit charges, "Shipped" status changes, and UPS tracking numbers! Updates are being posted on the B&H order Queue thread. So although B&H lost a lot points for lack of communication, they at least made good on the March 22nd deadline  ;)

Must have been too impatient, now they will be waiting longer (unless they didn't place their order with B&H until the 15th or something then they were probably in for a long wait).  ;D

prayharder

« Reply #561 on: March 22, 2012, 01:23:13 PM »
I just got my UPS tracking number for my B&H order!

SomeGuyInNewJersey

« Reply #562 on: March 22, 2012, 01:26:53 PM »
I just got my UPS tracking number for my B&H order!

Me too :)

GeorgieGirl

« Reply #563 on: March 22, 2012, 01:32:21 PM »
So where do you think a girl like me will end up in the shipping queue when I ordered mine on the 7th? At this moment I am feeling very sad... :'(

Drama79

« Reply #564 on: March 22, 2012, 01:36:11 PM »
my order changed in the last half hour to "in stock, sent to warehouse" ! YES.

Meaning B&H got over 2000 units in their first delivery. No wonder it took a while to arrive! (no tracking or despatch email yet, just refreshing their server like a you-know-what)

Rainier

« Reply #565 on: March 22, 2012, 01:37:51 PM »
I think it's good news for all! Or Amazon jumping the gun. Confirmation email received at 2:33:02 AM CST March 2.

Has yours updated? I just got the confirmation from Amazon that mine has shipped!  :)

siliconhybrid

« Reply #566 on: March 22, 2012, 01:38:44 PM »
WHOOO HOOOOOO>...

I got an email from Amazon, today is the ship date 2/22 delivery estimate 2/23 (only 1 day) with my Prime account

jlev23

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 22, 2012, 01:56:14 PM »
got mine from crutchfield! i might be the first in Los Angeles!
5D MKIII

pwfitz

« Reply #568 on: March 22, 2012, 01:56:42 PM »
I pre-ordered at 5 AM on March 2nd from B&H.  Order status now has a UPS tracking number.  I can't wait!

tomgomes

« Reply #569 on: March 22, 2012, 01:57:04 PM »
I just received notice from Amazon that my 5D MarkIII was shipped today (Thursday 3-22) and will arrive tomorrow.  For $3.99 extra, I got next day shipping.  Can't wait!!