October 02, 2014, 12:46:10 PM

Author Topic: 5DIII pre-order thread  (Read 113612 times)

frisk

Re: 5DIII pre-order thread
« Reply #600 on: March 23, 2012, 10:17:57 AM »
My 5D3 just arrived, ordered from Adorama - pretty fast delivery, considering that the package went:

New Jersey -> Philadelphia -> Köln (Germany) -> Reykjavik (Iceland)

I'm pretty happy now...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #600 on: March 23, 2012, 10:17:57 AM »

JR

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Re: Reverse Order
« Reply #601 on: March 23, 2012, 10:40:07 AM »
Funny how the cameras were announced:
1Dx --> D4 --> D800 --> 5D3

And they are being released:
5D3 --> D800 --> D4 --> 1Dx

I just don't understand.

Let hope the best was saved for last!

8)
1DX, 24mm f1.4L II, 35mm f1.4L, 50mm f1.2L, 85mm f1.2L II, 135mm f2L, 24-70mm f2.8L II, 70-200mm f2.8L IS II :  D800, D4, and a whole bunch of Nikon lenses

photoxication

« Reply #602 on: March 23, 2012, 11:34:20 AM »
Ordered from Amazon on the 16th.  I TOTALLY understand how that kid who wanted a Red Rider BB gun felt.

kimloris

« Reply #603 on: March 23, 2012, 12:02:42 PM »
Carefull with your 5D3 not to shoot your eye out !!!  ;D

stevestrange

« Reply #604 on: March 23, 2012, 12:51:06 PM »
I pre-ordered from Amazon on March 2nd, late in the day.  Still not a peep from them.

prayharder

« Reply #605 on: March 23, 2012, 03:23:47 PM »
I just grabbed mine from the UPS truck, haven't had a chance to open it yet though.

Rainier

« Reply #606 on: March 23, 2012, 04:20:03 PM »
Mine just arrived! :D
But, I'm at work, so I can't play with it until later tonight. The funny thing is I was talking with my wife and I asked about my Amazon shipment. She checks the front door (in case UPS left it at the door; I hate that), and lo-and-behold, the UPS delivery guy hands her the box!
This is going to be the longest work day this week, hahaha!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #606 on: March 23, 2012, 04:20:03 PM »

risc32

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 23, 2012, 04:26:49 PM »
Ordered first thing the morning after the announcement from b&h, and my order is still listed as "backordered". I was hoping to get some tests underway this weekend with my boys t-ball, but perhaps that won't be happening until next weekend...  :(

V8Beast

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Stephen Kim Automotive Photography
« Reply #608 on: March 23, 2012, 04:36:40 PM »
B&H just shipped my order out (body only) yesterday evening. Looks like I made the first batch :) The strange thing is that B&H always sends me an e-mail once an order ships, but they didn't this time around. That said, my camera will be here next week so I can't complain.

CanonBo

« Reply #609 on: March 23, 2012, 05:20:31 PM »
So disappointed with Amazon. I ordered at 7:00AM CST on March 2nd. Still not a word from them. Every attempt to contact CS has always resulted in the standard "The item has not been released yet". Do they take us for fools! The way Amazon has handled this has scarred me. I will never be using them again. I have a feeling that they severely underestimated the demand for this camera and ended up ordering a very limited supply. Hence they are only able to fulfill a very small portion of the pre-orders. I really wish I had used B&H or Adorama :-(

kidnaper

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 23, 2012, 05:23:41 PM »
So disappointed with Amazon. I ordered at 7:00AM CST on March 2nd. Still not a word from them. Every attempt to contact CS has always resulted in the standard "The item has not been released yet". Do they take us for fools! The way Amazon has handled this has scarred me. I will never be using them again. I have a feeling that they severely underestimated the demand for this camera and ended up ordering a very limited supply. Hence they are only able to fulfill a very small portion of the pre-orders. I really wish I had used B&H or Adorama :-(
It seems to me that like two to three times as many kits were supplied than bodies. I also think Amazon got a LOT of orders in the first couple hours they went live. I ordered 2:30 CST on the 2nd and my body only shipped today around 11am. They're coming from Amazon. Slowly trickling out, but they're coming.
5DIII 8-200mm minus 35mm in there.

skimamf

« Reply #611 on: March 23, 2012, 05:27:58 PM »
It seems to me that like two to three times as many kits were supplied than bodies. I also think Amazon got a LOT of orders in the first couple hours they went live. I ordered 2:30 CST on the 2nd and my body only shipped today around 11am. They're coming from Amazon. Slowly trickling out, but they're coming.

Have you heard of any kits shipping from Amazon?  All the first hand reports I've seen regarding shipments from Amazon have been for body only.  One CR poster mentioned his friend had a shipping notification from Amazon for the kit, but that's all I've heard, anybody here order a kit that has received shipping notification from Amazon?  I am getting very close to canceling with Amazon and trying Adorama or someone similar.

The19th

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 23, 2012, 05:40:52 PM »
Body Only order from Amazon just now arrived from UPS.  Charging the battery atm.

Order placed: March 2, 6:51am Pacific
Shipping notification received: March 22, 10:31am Pacific
Shipped from the Fernley, NV distribution center to Sacramento, CA
Delivery: March 23, 2:40pm Pacific

Edit: added ship from/to info.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 05:42:26 PM by The19th »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #612 on: March 23, 2012, 05:40:52 PM »

rpschnerp

« Reply #613 on: March 23, 2012, 05:44:32 PM »
Got tired of waiting for word from Amazon. Saw the message on stock at B&H, jumped on it, cancelled the Amazon order after I got shipping confirmation. Seems like they (Amazon) could have said something...

takoman46

« Reply #614 on: March 23, 2012, 05:46:19 PM »

I don't think more kits were supplied than bodies. Thinking about the type of buyer that would be purchasing a 5DmkIII; it seems logical that more body only units would be purchased. For most photographers, regardless of being amateur or professional; buying a $3500 canon dslr would most likely involve already having an arsenal of EF lenses don't you think? I suppose there are many people who bought the kit because they did not have a 24-105 or 24-70 and needed a lens in that general range, but I personally don't know anyone who bought the kit. I think the body only units ran out first because more people ordered that over the kit.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #614 on: March 23, 2012, 05:46:19 PM »