Rumors > Speedlites, Printers, Accessories

580EX2 light modifiers can fit new 600EX?

(1/3) > >>

mrmarks:
My question is whether my light modifiers for the 580EX2 (e.g. stofen diffuser, Rayflash ring light, etc) will also fit the flash head of the 600EX? Thanks!

7enderbender:

--- Quote from: mrmarks on March 02, 2012, 04:58:40 AM ---My question is whether my light modifiers for the 580EX2 (e.g. stofen diffuser, Rayflash ring light, etc) will also fit the flash head of the 600EX? Thanks!

--- End quote ---

Doesn't look like it. At appears that if anyone wants to go this route it pretty much means starting from scratch. Plus I'm wondering if all new features will be compatible with the 5DII or the previous 1-series cameras.

Also I'd be curious if there will be any receivers to work with new radio system on the 580EXII etc. And will the smaller flashes get updated as well with the radio system? Is there one version or different versions for different markets? What will TP manufacturers do next?

This should be all pretty interesting. And the other thing I want to know: does it finally beep?

awinphoto:
While you may be able to use your diffusers/bounce,etc on the new flash, like 7ender said, It looks like to use this flash, it isn't looking very backwards compatable.  It said it can trigger, but only to 600 series "slaves"... so yeah... I guess that's the price we pay for new technology.  Kinda bummed the new 5d3 doesn't have any commander of any type or fashion, but we did get a new $800 wireless trigger... I guess that counts. 

mrmarks:
Actually I was referring to the mechanical fit of the mods on the 600EX head. Not sure how the bumps I see on the head will interfere mechanically.

unfocused:

--- Quote ---Also I'd be curious if there will be any receivers to work with new radio system on the 580EXII etc.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: awinphoto on March 02, 2012, 12:53:14 PM ---While you may be able to use your diffusers/bounce,etc on the new flash, like 7ender said, It looks like to use this flash, it isn't looking very backwards compatable.  It said it can trigger, but only to 600 series "slaves"... so yeah... I guess that's the price we pay for new technology.  Kinda bummed the new 5d3 doesn't have any commander of any type or fashion, but we did get a new $800 wireless trigger... I guess that counts. 

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I'm really surprised that the announcement did not say anything about receivers for existing strobes. I thought that would be a given. Why develop a new external transmitter and not an external receiver? I'm hoping they just didn't want to muddy the announcement up by including the receivers or they aren't quite ready for market.

$800 for the wireless trigger...whoa! I guess I'll keep using the infrared on my 7D, supplemented by my cheap Chinese knockoff infrared trigger.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version