July 24, 2014, 07:31:25 AM

Author Topic: Next Canon body this year?  (Read 1982 times)

NaturaLight

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
Next Canon body this year?
« on: March 04, 2012, 01:16:15 PM »
CR mentioned another body is in the rumor mill for this year. How is that rumor shaping up (especially as the 5D3 is so overpriced)?

canon rumors FORUM

Next Canon body this year?
« on: March 04, 2012, 01:16:15 PM »

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
Re: Next Canon body this year?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 01:36:30 PM »
CR mentioned another body is in the rumor mill for this year. How is that rumor shaping up (especially as the 5D3 is so overpriced)?

5D mk IV . . . going to be around $6k, why do you ask? :)

Kidding.  My guess is the T4i since we've heard nothing about the 60D/7D . . . though that would be my preference (7D price & AF, MFA then add a flip-around screen and a Digic V processor).  I'm betting it'll be a xxxD series though.
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

ed24

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 01:41:22 PM »

5D mk IV . . . going to be around $6k, why do you ask? :)

Kidding.  My guess is the T4i since we've heard nothing about the 60D/7D . . . though that would be my preference (7D price & AF, MFA then add a flip-around screen and a Digic V processor).  I'm betting it'll be a xxxD series though.

I think we'll see a T4i in the next couple of months, before the olympics basically. I think we'll also see the 4K DSLR Cinema given a release date around September/October time. No 60D or 7D replacement until early next year.

swiss

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 02:27:51 PM »
In regards of the olympics this year the pro's will have there new bodies and canon would do better to keep an eye of flawless firmware. Therefore, i dont expect a new bodie for the amateur.
But on the other hand there are also some rewards to get (EISA, TIPA,...) and for that, in my opinion, canon has to take some effort. Currently i don't see a serious candidate.

marekjoz

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • marekjoz @flickr
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 03:28:34 PM »
I hope they will follow to refresh the whole line of DSLRs and continue with 7d2 or it's successor whatever they call it. It's really not a competitor to 1dx and 5d3 in many areas. I'ma afraid unfortunately they will follow rather with C line. If they announce 7d2 this year - what will they do next year? No announcements at all in bodies?
flickr | youtube | 5D2, 50 F/1.4, 24-105 F/4 L IS, 300 F/4 L IS, x1.4 II

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 03:28:34 PM »