April 20, 2014, 11:08:06 PM

Author Topic: How is Canon going to compete with the grey market in Australia?  (Read 20568 times)

noxious_nasties

Re: How is Canon going to compete with the grey market in Australia?
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2012, 08:31:57 PM »
For what it's worth I hear the 5diii will be at retailers on the 14th of march. This will not be when they sell them however.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2012, 08:31:57 PM »

mcintoshi

« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2012, 10:04:11 PM »
Interesting about d-d-photographics...their corresponding Singapore store has it at $3452, with about $50 shipping to Aus.

http://www.d-d-electronics.com.sg/products/Canon-EOS-5D-Mark-III-Digital-SLR-Camera-Body.html

samueljay

• Rebel T5i
  • 5D Mk III
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2012, 03:35:58 PM »
I'm not sure what's got into digitalrev, but they've put the price up on the 5D to $4000!! That's only $200 less than Teds, which kind of makes the whole buying grey to save pointless!

I think I'll pick mine up from Camera Pro, will give them a call during the week, has anyone bought from them before that doesn't live in Brisbane? (I'm in Melbourne) Any idea on what you would do if you're interstate and had a warranty issue?

Cheers!
Sam.
Gear: 5D Mk III <> 70-200mm ƒ/2.8L IS II USM <> 50mm ƒ/1.2L USM <> 8-15mm ƒ/4L  USM <>  100mm ƒ/2.8L  Macro IS USM <> 40mm ƒ/2.8 <> 24-70mm ƒ/2.8L II USM

dilbert

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2012, 04:17:14 PM »
I'm not sure what's got into digitalrev, but they've put the price up on the 5D to $4000!! That's only $200 less than Teds, which kind of makes the whole buying grey to save pointless!

I think I'll pick mine up from Camera Pro, will give them a call during the week, has anyone bought from them before that doesn't live in Brisbane? (I'm in Melbourne) Any idea on what you would do if you're interstate and had a warranty issue?

Cheers!
Sam.

Demand.

They can keep putting the price up until people stop buying from them instead of other places.

Maybe they didn't realise how many people would order from them and now that they realise they only have to undercut Teds by a smaller margin, they're doing so because nobody else is competing with them on a low price.

nighstar

« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2012, 08:10:53 PM »

Cheers!
Sam.

CameraPro's cameras are Australian stock, so i believe they come with a warranty from Canon Australia. being in Melbourne shouldn't be an issue since you'd go through Canon for warranty matters.

that said, i would ask CameraPro about it when you call them.

samueljay

• Rebel T5i
  • 5D Mk III
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2012, 04:13:27 AM »
Demand.

They can keep putting the price up until people stop buying from them instead of other places.

Maybe they didn't realise how many people would order from them and now that they realise they only have to undercut Teds by a smaller margin, they're doing so because nobody else is competing with them on a low price.
Yeah! I thought at much, like anything else, it's a profit deal, but you'd have to be pretty insane to pay that much for a grey import :\ I'd be surprised if they sold many more at that price, but I'm sure it will come back down after a while! It's strange they upped it by so much, EGlobal have it quite cheap, and they have a statement which says that their price will not go up during the pre order period, I didn't think company's actually did it, hence my surprise and post.
CameraPro's cameras are Australian stock, so i believe they come with a warranty from Canon Australia. being in Melbourne shouldn't be an issue since you'd go through Canon for warranty matters.

that said, i would ask CameraPro about it when you call them.
Ah right! I've never bought such an item interstate, so I wasn't sure if I'd have to go back to where I bought it or just deal with Canon directly :) Thanks for the info, I'll definitely ring them and check first! :)

Edit:// Just called then and made my order :) 5D III w/ 24-105mm :D Warranty is dealt with directly with Canon too so it's all good! They said the current ETA for shipment is within the first 2 weeks of April :)

Thanks very much to nightstar who brought Camera Pro and Leederville to my attention! :)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 06:49:57 PM by samueljay »
Gear: 5D Mk III <> 70-200mm ƒ/2.8L IS II USM <> 50mm ƒ/1.2L USM <> 8-15mm ƒ/4L  USM <>  100mm ƒ/2.8L  Macro IS USM <> 40mm ƒ/2.8 <> 24-70mm ƒ/2.8L II USM

Leederville cameras

« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2012, 09:59:10 PM »
Price is back to $3599inc gst, there was an initial error, however with all the orders we put in with Canon Australia, we were able to keep the price as it was.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2012, 09:59:10 PM »

wickidwombat

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2012, 10:00:35 PM »
Price is back to $3599inc gst, there was an initial error, however with all the orders we put in with Canon Australia, we were able to keep the price as it was.
Awesome work!
any idea what date the pre-orders are going to be coming in?
APS-H Fanboy

Leederville cameras

« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2012, 10:11:21 PM »
17 coming in this month, this will clear most backorders, remaining stock will come Mid April, maybe earlier, we are taking orders again at $3599 with $500 deposits.

wickidwombat

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2012, 10:13:29 PM »
17 coming in this month, this will clear most backorders, remaining stock will come Mid April, maybe earlier, we are taking orders again at $3599 with $500 deposits.

awesome I think I am in the 17 well I hope so since i go overseas mid april  :-\
APS-H Fanboy

blackwind

« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2012, 11:26:29 PM »
Leederville good moves... that really nice to see that price again.

Do you guys think price might jack up again (let say afew mths later)?  I am intended to get one soon but with kit len 24-105 and it still 4899. Not fair!!

te4o

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2012, 11:37:58 PM »
Leederville, you WIN! I phoned you one hour after you set the price up and now you WIN AGAIN!
Now I'll have to win against my wife ??? Then I'll phone you again.
Do you think you could keep the price? Or shall I phone you for that question 8)
5D3 (04/12), Carl Zeiss ZE 21, 35/1.4, 50MP, 100MP
Canon 135/2, Sigma 85/1.4
SONY RX100

te4o

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2012, 11:45:00 PM »

awesome I think I am in the 17 well I hope so since i go overseas mid april  :-\

WickedW: I hope you can give me your opinion about your early-bird-5D3 BEFORE you go overseas!  ;)
Remember? VF quality for MF, AF quality for MF, low ISO DR/IQ vs 5d2 etc etc... I count on you! :)
5D3 (04/12), Carl Zeiss ZE 21, 35/1.4, 50MP, 100MP
Canon 135/2, Sigma 85/1.4
SONY RX100

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2012, 11:45:00 PM »

melbournite

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • Freelance Photographer In Melbourne
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2012, 12:53:59 AM »

Good on you Leederville for leading the way (pardon the pun).  I've already placed my order with you.

Leederville cameras

« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2012, 02:27:38 AM »
Awesome work!
any idea what date the pre-orders are going to be coming in?
According to Canon end of next week, so either that or early week after.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2012, 02:27:38 AM »