September 23, 2014, 10:55:29 PM

Author Topic: Was Canon camera ever...  (Read 1402 times)

sanj

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Was Canon camera ever...
« on: March 05, 2012, 05:22:26 AM »
Was Canon camera ever available for purchase so soon as announcement at 5d3 is? If not, then is it possible that another body is around the corner?
My devious (and perhaps hopeful) mind is saying that Canon will soon launch a high mp camera to compete with the Nikon's and wants to sell as many 5d3 before that as possible.
Just...

canon rumors FORUM

Was Canon camera ever...
« on: March 05, 2012, 05:22:26 AM »

Bennymiata

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Re: Was Canon camera ever...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 05:40:04 AM »
The new 1Gx was on sale only a week or so after the release, so they must have had stocks all ready to go, and I'm sure there are thousands of new 5D3's just about ready to ship too, if they aren't on a boat already.

I'm not saying that you are wrong, but do you know how long it takes for a company like Canon to bring out a new model like the 5D3?
It would take them at least 12 months just to put new sensor in it, let alone such a complete re-vamp as the 5D3 is over the 5D2.
First they have to have meetings about what they are going to do abou tthe new model, then hand make prototypes and test them, as well as the software and firmware testing - which takes ages on its own, then there is the final design so they can fit all the components into the camera, then the tooling.
Do you know how long it takes to make just the tooling to cast the body and then test it?
Then there is the packaging, the pricing structure the advertising and marketing materials - the list is endless!
They aren't just making sausages, but very complex pieces of mechanical and electronic equipment!

I reckon the 22mp in the 5D3 is more than enough to get really good photos, and is better for high ISO than 38mp.

sanj

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 07:27:13 AM »
Thanks for your thoughts Benny.
I am just so blown away by the Nikon sample photos that am thinking stuff like this... :)

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 01:09:08 PM »
I pre-ordered my 5D MK II the day it was announced from Adorama, so this is a common practice.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 01:09:08 PM »