November 25, 2014, 04:16:57 PM

Author Topic: The 5D3 is laging behind the D800 in the vote of Chinese biggest twitter!!  (Read 4268 times)

windscmoon

The 5D3 is laging behind the D800 in the vote of Chinese biggest twitter. The vote for"Which do u prefer?5D3 or D800". The result is 69:76 now. http://vote.weibo.com/vid=1510003&source=feed

canon rumors FORUM

Mark D5 TEAM II

• 1D X
  • Proud N0ink 0wnz0r / crApple iFruitcake H4t3r
    • View Profile
Wow, awesome, the D800 is leading by a whopping 7 votes!!11elevenoneone

This just reinforces the widespread belief that Nikon is TEH BESTEST! NASA and Ren Kockwell can't be wrong!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 12:05:00 AM by Mark D5 TEAM II »
Nikon NSF16 5-Leaf Dual-Blade Industrial Fan ¦ Nikon NTMFI-H1 Dry Heavy Flat Iron ¦ Nikon Tough Mama NTMRC1-2S Rice Cooker “Limited Edition” ¦ Nikon Tough Mama NTMJK18-S Stainless Electric Kettle Plate Type ¦ Nikon NHT 2-in-1 Curling Iron & Straightener in One ¦ Nikon N4004s Decision Master System™

dilbert

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
The better question to ask of the Chinese is "Which one will you buy next month?"

For which there will be substantially less votes.

Substantially less.

Terry Rogers

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
Which do you prefer before they have even hit the market?!? I suspect very few people on the planet (if any) have much experience with BOTH the 5Diii and d800 right now.

Which do you prefer.... :o. That's crazy talk
Rebel T3i,  EF-S 17-55 f2.8 IS, 430 EX II

tasteofjace

Hmm.. A close race for cameras that both appear to be good at what they do.

Shocking.

nicku

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
WoW 145 votes.....looool that is all??? the pool is relevant when we will see... say.... 2344 against 2653.

CaiLeDao

You should also consider the history of Camera ownership in mainland China it is still largely an immature market and ownership of SLR's is low because of affordability and lifestyle. Loads of point and shoots, as well as a large wedding photo business market.  Walking around in China with a 5D II still draws lots of attention, tripods and filters are very rare, but if you go to a scenic place to take a photo, be prepared to be engaged in a crowd of snappers, firing flash at the sunrise, enjoying the experience.

So while there are some very good photographers in China, I would take this survey as coming from a very unique perspective.

canon rumors FORUM

simonxu11

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
You should also consider the history of Camera ownership in mainland China it is still largely an immature market and ownership of SLR's is low because of affordability and lifestyle. Loads of point and shoots, as well as a large wedding photo business market.  Walking around in China with a 5D II still draws lots of attention, tripods and filters are very rare, but if you go to a scenic place to take a photo, be prepared to be engaged in a crowd of snappers, firing flash at the sunrise, enjoying the experience.

So while there are some very good photographers in China, I would take this survey as coming from a very unique perspective.
Ownership of SLR's is low????????? I don't think so!! Every time I go scenic places I see loads of XXXD with kit lens~~
I don't think a 5D mark II will draw any attention in China, a Leica M9 maybe

bycostello

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • London Weddings
and of course all voting have used and evaluated both... might as well as which is better red or blue...

EchoLocation

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile

Ownership of SLR's is low????????? I don't think so!! Every time I go scenic places I see loads of XXXD with kit lens~~
I don't think a 5D mark II will draw any attention in China, a Leica M9 maybe
This.
I see DSLR's and tripods all the time here in Chongqing, and this is far from being an upscale consumer hub like Shanghai, Beijing or Hong Kong.
Canon EOS-M, 22mm f2, 11-22mm f4-5.6
Canon 550D, Sigma 50mm f1.4
Nikon D700, Nikon 24-70mm f2.8, Tamron 17-35mm f2.8-4

smithy

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
When I was visiting Beijing about 9 months ago, I drew a fair amount of attention walking around with my 40D and a white L series lens attached to it.  I saw a few Canon SLRs but not much L glass.  The majority of people taking photographs either used their phones or compact cameras.  But I was only there for a few days so my experience mustn't be taken as gospel...

Anyway, back on topic... surely a poll like this equates roughly to 'which brand do you prefer'?
5D Mark III, 40D, 1V.  Bunch of strobes, lenses and other bits.
They're, their, there, it's, its, too, to, than, then, you're, your.  One lens, two lenses, the lens's aperture.

traveller

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
The 5D3 is laging behind the D800 in the vote of Chinese biggest twits ter.

;D  ;D  ;D

windscmoon

ur description about the situation of Chinese DSLR is quite on the point,yet for Chinese market 5 years ago.Nowadays,China has more numerous DSLR users than any country.There always are hundreds of photography groups even in some unprosperous cities,and almost of them hold photography events sponsored by enthusiasts.They hire models or drive to scenic to shoot.

canon rumors FORUM