Ken I was just joking with you. I know what you mean. Maybe you should keep saving a bit longer and buy one in a few months so that it is not so stressful. I am not sure what caused the slight price dip, but just in case save up an extra 150-300 bucks before you buy one. I am just thrilled with mine.
I figured, especially with the Burlington Coat reference haha. I can spare the $150 and I definitely think it's worth the money (unlike others) so I'll probably get it either way, but I definitely can't wait a few months. I don't shoot for a living or anything (I'm a sys admin at a large company), but I have a wedding to shoot in two weeks so I gotta get it soon
I was all set to buy the 5DIII from B&H for $3350, but it's back to $3500 now for some reason. Amazon is back to $3500 now too. What gives? I'm definitely not buying it without the warranty. Anybody know another place to get it for around the $3350 mark that is authorized by Canon?
That's strange that the price jumped back up. It also sux
What's also odd is that I just called and spoke with someone at B&H because I purchased it at the $3484 price and told him I saw the price was at $3349. He immediately credited my credit card for the $135 difference. Did he know the price was going back up? Maybe? Maybe not?
I think even at $3500 it's a great camera and worth every penny. If a person needs it for professional use (like myself), it'll pay for itself really quickly. Makes my original 5D almost feel like a point-n-shoot
That's a good idea with calling B&H. I was shocked (and elated) to find out all I had to do was ask for the USA version of the 70-200 MKII when I was buying the import version right after the rebates ended, so maybe I can just call and ask to get the price they had displayed a few days ago. B&H is pretty awesome about stuff like that.