Rumors > Speedlites, Printers, Accessories

IPAD 3 = Lame

(1/11) > >>

wickidwombat:
I cant believe that they continue to refuse to put a USB host on the IPAD, all the android tablets are getting USB host functionality and apple in their infinte arrogance continue to cripple on of the biggest potentials of the platform. I can see this as the turning point where Android start to hand apple their Arses.

one of the main reasons I want to get a tablet is for traveling so i can take a hard drive and backup photos to the drive, with the new IPAD this is still impossible. I prefer the apple iOS interface though and really dont want to go to android...  :'(

JurijTurnsek:
let's turn this debate into a move productive one: is there a tablet that can be used a HDMI monitor for a DSLR? that would really be a good reason to buy one... or can you get your files to a tablet via Eye-Fi while shooting?

Mt Spokane Photography:
I don't use a IPAD, but have friends who load photos thru a card reader.  They also get photos and images off the IPad. 

I think they use this.

http://techcrunch.com/2010/01/27/apple-has-a-solution-for-the-ipads-missing-sd-card-slot-and-usb-port-adapters/

Does it work for anyone?  Obviously, built-in ports are preferred, but if this works, I'd be covered with a new one.  I also wondered about eyefi.

I doubt that the little battery in a ipad would power a portable hard drive, in any event.

I suspect that they do not provide the ports to prevent someone from cheaply upgrading the memory in their IPAD.

I'm waiting to see the rumored lenovo windows tablet. 

Jamesy:

--- Quote from: Mt Spokane Photography on March 08, 2012, 12:49:05 PM ---I don't use a IPAD, but have friends who load photos thru a card reader.  They also get photos and images off the IPad. 

I think they use this.

http://techcrunch.com/2010/01/27/apple-has-a-solution-for-the-ipads-missing-sd-card-slot-and-usb-port-adapters/

Does it work for anyone?  Obviously, built-in ports are preferred, but if this works, I'd be covered with a new one.  I also wondered about eyefi.

I doubt that the little battery in a ipad would power a portable hard drive, in any event.

I suspect that they do not provide the ports to prevent someone from cheaply upgrading the memory in their IPAD.

I'm waiting to see the rumored lenovo windows tablet.

--- End quote ---

I use the Apple camera/card reader option but have only used it as a backup on a trip to Paris and London last year. I was pleasantly surprised that the iPad rendered the raw images on the screen from my 40D. I only used the feature as a backup - not really a photo viewing app. Once the iPad is loaded with photos in that manner, you merely hook it up to your computer and the images can then be imported in LR or whatever you use - ?I don't recall if it renamed the images or not -  doubt it did.

tog13:
I've been pretty happy with the CC kit, not to mention some of the editing options.  On last year's vacation I uploaded photos quickly and easily and then did some cool edits with Nik Snapseed.  A co-worker prefers PhotoForge, which has more of the standard levels/curves/HSL/etc workflow.  I wish the CC kit offered a CF connection, but it's available from other vendors.

I don't see iPad becoming the hub of a serious photographer's workflow, but you can get stuff done - even in the absence of built-in ports - and it makes a great presentation tool.  I can't imagine the iPad 3's high res screen hurting that one bit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version