November 20, 2017, 09:02:08 AM

Author Topic: 5D Mark III Video Editing  (Read 1423 times)

BaconBets

5D Mark III Video Editing
« on: March 08, 2012, 07:56:25 PM »
Does anyone know if the 5D III will have the capability to edit clips in camera like the 60D. I have searched around, but I haven't found any info on it. Even if it's only a basic editor to trim clips, I think it's invaluable. Anyone who has shot video knows that sometimes you'll have a 1 minute clip that is mostly garbage but you can't delete it because there is a 5 second bit in there that was great, and the whole clip chews up massive hard drive space.

canon rumors FORUM

5D Mark III Video Editing
« on: March 08, 2012, 07:56:25 PM »

Axilrod

• EOS 5DS R
Re: 5D Mark III Video Editing
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 08:22:06 PM »
Does anyone know if the 5D III will have the capability to edit clips in camera like the 60D. I have searched around, but I haven't found any info on it. Even if it's only a basic editor to trim clips, I think it's invaluable. Anyone who has shot video knows that sometimes you'll have a 1 minute clip that is mostly garbage but you can't delete it because there is a 5 second bit in there that was great, and the whole clip chews up massive hard drive space.

Edit: Found it in the press release, answer is yes: "Enhanced processing power provided by DIGIC 5+ also makes it possible to conveniently trim the length of recorded movies in-camera."
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 08:27:26 PM by Axilrod »
5DIII/5DII/Bunch of L's and ZE's, currently rearranging.

canon rumors FORUM

Re: 5D Mark III Video Editing
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 08:22:06 PM »